SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Received the sc today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07, 08:28 PM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Received the sc today.

Well picked up the sc300 after it's long trip from FL to WI and it's not what I expected. I purchased the car from 99navette (Anthony) thinking that I was getting what I paid for....wrong.

The front bumper is misaligned and scratched from going up too sharp of driveways, rear brake light is out, paint is of poor quality (not OEM / front bumper cover isn't even painted on the underside), passenger side marker doesn't work and has wires hanging, front fenders chipping and showing bare metal (fender rolling, he said they were touched up), and the front wheel has what looks to be a curb mark but isn't scratched.

All in all, I am unsatisfied with what I was told to be a nice and solid car. I'm going to talk to Anthony about this and see what we can do to make things right. For those of you buying online, make sure you know what your getting 100%, I probably could have avoided this but was stupid and trusted another user.
Old 03-18-07, 01:54 AM
insomniac
Lead Lap

sorry to hear about your situation and i hope you find another sc.
Old 03-18-07, 02:22 AM
faulks2
Driver

Thats a shame....I flew to DC a couple of years ago to pick up a car and had the same thing happen....ended up with a $400 plane ticket home and no car I know how you feel
Old 03-18-07, 06:13 AM
NYCsc300
Pole Position

that sux man...
Old 03-18-07, 06:17 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys CL is pretty huge. why not go ask others to look at the car for you and take pics. Maybe a tank of gas could be a great reward for the information you need. If it is the MD, DC area I can help and I am sure other are willing to help too.
Old 03-18-07, 06:45 AM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Who remembers that member from NYC on here.. (his name escapes me) somebody bought his car on here and was *****in cause the guys said the interior was black, when it turned out he spray painted the whole thing (EVERYTHING!!!) among many other probs. Some ppl here are messed up, but then again I bought my car from ryansc300 and it was pretty much what he said, the few probs the car had I'm assuming ryan never knew because they were just that, small problems.
Old 03-18-07, 06:56 AM
adorjr
Driver School Candidate

Default Managing the risk on buying online

I've been searching for a well-maintained Lexus and understand that it is very risky to buy online without seeing the car. I'm sure that there are companies who evaluate the car for a reasonable fee, though I wouldn't mind a fellow Club Lexus member look at the car and send the information back to me, of course, with something that we've agreed on-- a fee or a simple thank you. I'll definitely have you in mind if ever there is a car in your area that I'm interested. Maybe, the mods can come up with a list of CL members in each state or city who are willing to assist fellow CL members looking for a car.
Old 03-18-07, 07:29 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

sucks man- hopefully it can be worked out-
Old 03-18-07, 07:32 AM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

I've bought online before and have never come across this, probably too used to honest sellers. If Anthony doesn't work this out with me, the car is going back and I'm going to be requesting my money be reimbursed.
Old 03-18-07, 07:35 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

post some pics of the car and the flaws
Old 03-18-07, 08:29 AM
stormeye
Rookie

Yeah, I remember his 1JZ single turboed car post back in Feb. Anyways, hope you two guys can work it out on this. I would have been pissed too if I have gotten something like that after being told nice and solid.
Old 03-18-07, 08:58 AM
LSEGHATCH
Pole Position

i'll post some pics later today or early this week. My camera is being repaired so in the mean time I have to borrow my sisters. Found a few more things today since it's sunny out.
Old 03-18-07, 09:14 AM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

it sucks that the isnt what you expected. This is a risk of buying a car without seeing it. I dont think I would ever do it unless it was from a good freind of mine. A couple hundred buck plane ticket may have saved you money in the long run instead of correcting a car you arent happy with.
Old 03-18-07, 11:11 AM
$loJam
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that sucks bro. I'm feeling real lucky after buying a rare 98 sc 400 plat on black with everything that works and well maintained (had no maint records) , was owned by a doc who leased it and then bought it after the lease. Near mint cond for $13,900 in Jersey of all places.
Old 03-18-07, 11:17 AM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Sucks to hear bro, Hopefully he will man up and take some responsibility for it.

Quick Reply: Received the sc today.