SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So I got pulled over today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 01:21 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Drocay
Damn man that sucks, I work in Fairfax for Fairfax County and i'm scared everyday about getting a tint ticket. I'm so glad i dont live there. Fairfax county cops are **** and crazy about very stupid things.
Yup I said it once and I'll say it again FTP.........
Old 04-04-07, 04:25 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where were you tek? im waiting to get one this weekend when my exhaust is done.
Old 04-04-07, 04:34 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Everything is illegal to a cop's discretion
Old 04-04-07, 05:14 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man that sucks dude! back in dec of like 2005 i got pulled over in the lexus on the way to the orange/50 meet. the dude gave me a ticket for modified exhaust too... i tried to give him the but its under the regulated decible and he showed me some law about it cant be modified other than stock... i was like fine wuteva...
Old 04-04-07, 05:41 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F the police thats how i treat em
Old 04-04-07, 05:51 PM
JDM
Lead Lap

dang, Orlando cops seem pretty nice.
Old 04-04-07, 06:00 PM
ryansong
Pole Position

damn that sucks, i got a no front license plate ticket which cost $76 from my stupid parking popo at my school...

and a $25 parking in staff ticket.
Old 04-04-07, 06:38 PM
XSTeknique
Pole Position

Well thing is, when I had my Celica I would get pulled over for stupid stuff all the time. Mostly for having hyper white bulbs and such. Most of the time it was just a warning. Even when I was pulled over for speeding after I had swapped the motor and everything, I never got a ticket for illegally modifying anything. Now I mildly modify the SC and I get a ticket. Go figure! Bottom line, it's just stupid and benefits NO ONE! Seriously, if I was a cop issuing those types of citations I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I was that big of a douche.

Oh and Scott, I got pulled over on Lk. Underhill between Alafaya and Rouse. I live right there.
Old 04-04-07, 06:51 PM
Baker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drftsoarer
in florida?! damn i thought cops didnt care out there..
For some reason the exhaust thing is getting worse here from the Honda boys with hollow cat, straight pipe and and Apexi weld on muffler. You can however drive with your Blue and Red neon on and a huge ugly wing that blocks your rear view with no problems. Thats why I went with the Magnaflow option so it is not so noticeable.
Old 04-04-07, 08:51 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

dang man... Sorry to hear the crap you were put through. The police now days are pathetic... Here in WA, I got pulled over for signaling left, changing my mind, canceling, and signaling right, then turning into the right lane(ZERO cars on the roads and at midnight). The ticket was for "failure to obey traffic regulations." Court date's this thursday! Was hoping to use my first deferral on something worth while Anyways, best of luck to you!
Old 04-04-07, 09:54 PM
tkafam1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I support the police 100% (just watch 30 minutes of "Cops" sometime) but that is bull crap!
Old 04-05-07, 01:24 AM
atxishome
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I support police too, but not F*n stupid ones. That is utterly and completely ridiculous. So you can somehow get kind of around laws and freakin' register a Toyota Soarer and insure it in FL, but by God, if you put an aftermarket exhaust on it, they're throwin' the book at ya.

Inconsistency, anyone?
Old 04-05-07, 06:49 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

used to love FL. considered moving there for a minute. But that state is just wrong. They give out of state people a ticket at the border for whatever they can find. They beat up on their local people with inconsistent laws. I might have 1 non moving violation in FL since '99 (improper lenses). I don't even live there. Never paid a dime, and I wont. The car was registered in the state of registration with all modifications already installed and passed inspection. It's a free country and I'm not paying a fine for visiting. If I was guilty of speeding or breaking some real law, I'm willing to accept responsibility. But this other stuff is crapola. I now avoid Florida (except for Miami and Key West when the urge hits). No other state has ever had an issue with any vehicle I have rode. I'm sure cali would take issue, but I'm not going to be slingin my whip out there any time soon either. Thanks mainly to the LEO's **** gestapo road tactics. Bill collectors send me notices about outstanding fines due in various FL counties and that they will suspend my license. Bring it.

We do still visit on occasion, but in a rental...
Old 04-05-07, 07:54 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

put it to the man awj LOL
Old 04-05-07, 08:13 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

States and local municipalities are running on tighter budgets these days, and I am sure the police can instantly become a source of collecting more revenue. One of my friends who moved down to Mexico got stopped in a rural area in Mississippi for speeding (was able to pay same day luckily) and the sheriff (was just to go get gas in this tiny city) mentioned they weren't getting support for the state and they had to find other ways of revenue.

Quick Reply: So I got pulled over today...