SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

finally....pics new wheel setup/bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 08:37 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Solarian
Don't pay attention to everyone hating on the knockoff, it looks great, and costs less. If Vertex wants more people to buy their kits, they should price more competitively. They made their choice and to appeal to the status seekers, the smart consumer will look elsewhere.
I'm not even gonna bother talking about the chicken wire, cause getting rid of that is downright obvious

LOL thats ridiculous! thats like saying louis vuitton should lower their prices because there are thousands of fake purses out there that consumers can buy instead
Old 04-25-07, 10:15 PM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoeBag
LOL thats ridiculous! thats like saying louis vuitton should lower their prices because there are thousands of fake purses out there that consumers can buy instead
HAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!! nope thats why they make copies! for people like me that dont want to spend all the money for the real thing!! lol

fwynn: here is my email... superiorconcepts2006@yahoo.com
Old 04-26-07, 12:38 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuperiorSC
thats why they make copies! for people like me that dont want to spend all the money for the real thing!! lol
Let's start a revolution... DOWN WITH REPLICAS / COPIES. i hate people faking the funk...
Old 04-26-07, 01:38 PM
Sc400on20s
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
slap another 10-15mm spacer in the rear to get the similar look you have on the fronts...
my thoughts exactly...
Old 04-26-07, 02:16 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
Let's start a revolution... DOWN WITH REPLICAS / COPIES. i hate people faking the funk...
Let make t-shirts.
Old 04-26-07, 02:37 PM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
i hate people faking the funk...
im not faking anything....im not trying to say its a vertex kit.....

EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET OVER THIS REPLICA/COPY B.S.
its not your car its MINE thats right MINE....

mods please close this thread.......

thanks for looking
Old 04-26-07, 02:54 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SuperiorSC
im not faking anything....im not trying to say its a vertex kit.....

EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET OVER THIS REPLICA/COPY B.S.
its not your car its MINE thats right MINE....

mods please close this thread.......

thanks for looking
i must apologize. my comment was not addressed towards you directly. I hope you do NOT see it that way, my comment was addressed to everything as a whole... fake LV, fake burberry, fake rims, etc etc. I posted that in response to fellow veteran member "hoebag" and his comments via LV and such and his response to another member "solarian."

I was merely agreeing with "hoebag"

i think your car looks good. I would lower it about another inch or two. Trust me, i have 20s on my car and it looks loads better!

Last edited by AutoCoutureSC; 04-26-07 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-26-07, 04:26 PM
simann
Pole Position

I dont have one problem with "fake" body kits. The racing industry is full of copies and knock off items from other companies.

Its just a part of the business. Someone will always find a way to copy an item and make money selling it. As we say, copying is the best type of flattery.

And I think $2200 for the original Vertex kit is OBSURD. They use a chopper gun and blow the glass into the mold, then go back over it with a single layer of directional woven glass fibers just for asthetics. Other than that, its a simple gel coat over the front and then they trim up the piece before they take it out of the mold. I hand lay fiberglass bodies all the time. Bodies that cost $8000.

Either way, your car looks grand.

-Jonathan
Old 04-26-07, 04:51 PM
Solarian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HoeBag
Completely untrue. Louis Vuitton should lower their prices because they have a ridiculously large profit margin. They get their **** made in the same factory in China as the knockoffs, but charge more to satisfy elitists. Will they lower their prices? No, because the same elitists will continue to pay for the name.
I however, do NOT support the people purchasing LV knockoffs either. In my eyes, they are even worse than the elitists, because they are broke-*** status seekers trying to act big when they are infact, nobody.
The idea of advertising one's own wealth to impress others, is an obvious sign of low self worth. Wealth should be used to make your life more enjoyable, and provide for your family, not to impress the neighbours.

There is a dramatic difference between paying for name and paying for quality. Paying for a robotically TIG welded Full Race Manifold is WORTH every penny. Paying for precision forged Rays Wheels that are subject to stringent quality standards is WORTH every penny. Paying for a brand name body kit, which is made of the same material, in the same way, in a similar factory in China, not so much.
The reason why most people buy knockoffs, is not because they care to imitate the original body kit, and attain some sort of status in the eyes of others. They just want a body kit, that looks good, for a fair price. If they were trying to "fake the funk" as you so eloquently put it, they would not admit to having a knockoff, and would claim to have original Vertex.
Face it, the only people that actually care about this whole real vs. fake body kit thing, are the people that have a real kit, and are upset that others are paying less to have a car that looks just as good.
You're not going to convince the people with fake aero that they did something wrong, because the fact that they have fake aero to begin with and admit it, means that they don't care about being "baller" and are satisfied with their purchase, regardless of how you may view them as a result. A vehicle is a result of the owners ideas, creativity, ingenuity and skill, not a reflection of how much money was put into it.
Old 04-26-07, 04:57 PM
blisiono
Lexus Test Driver

nice car, i wouldn't mind having a knock off either. same look for a fraction of the price

btw, are you in so cal? i think i saw you driving in west covina on cameron on monday (4/23). if not, then someone has those same rims and kit

Last edited by blisiono; 04-26-07 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-26-07, 05:01 PM
simann
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Solarian
Completely untrue. Louis Vuitton should lower their prices because they have a ridiculously large profit margin. They get their **** made in the same factory in China as the knockoffs, but charge more to satisfy elitists. Will they lower their prices? No, because the same elitists will continue to pay for the name.
I however, do NOT support the people purchasing LV knockoffs either. In my eyes, they are even worse than the elitists, because they are broke-*** status seekers trying to act big when they are infact, nobody.
The idea of advertising one's own wealth to impress others, is an obvious sign of low self worth. Wealth should be used to make your life more enjoyable, and provide for your family, not to impress the neighbours.

There is a dramatic difference between paying for name and paying for quality. Paying for a robotically TIG welded Full Race Manifold is WORTH every penny. Paying for precision forged Rays Wheels that are subject to stringent quality standards is WORTH every penny. Paying for a brand name body kit, which is made of the same material, in the same way, in a similar factory in China, not so much.
The reason why most people buy knockoffs, is not because they care to imitate the original body kit, and attain some sort of status in the eyes of others. They just want a body kit, that looks good, for a fair price. If they were trying to "fake the funk" as you so eloquently put it, they would not admit to having a knockoff, and would claim to have original Vertex.
Face it, the only people that actually care about this whole real vs. fake body kit thing, are the people that have a real kit, and are upset that others are paying less to have a car that looks just as good.
You're not going to convince the people with fake aero that they did something wrong, because the fact that they have fake aero to begin with and admit it, means that they don't care about being "baller" and are satisfied with their purchase, regardless of how you may view them as a result. A vehicle is a result of the owners ideas, creativity, ingenuity and skill, not a reflection of how much money was put into it.

Old 04-26-07, 05:03 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a gift, my wife received a $600 Louis Vuitton bag from a client of hers (she was in marketing). It was purchased from her client at the Louis Vuitton store in NYC. And yes, she's a label wwwhoorre.

On one of our trips down to SOHO, we came across a chick selling the knock offs on the street. Because of the plastic nature of the LV bags, it was an amazing replica of her authentic bag. It put everything into perspective for both me and wifey. The two, side by side, were identical.

With that being said, if the fitment and quality of a knock off kit is identical to the name brand kit, WTF cares? If you're paying a lot less for a shattier quality kit, well then an argument can be made.

BTW, I still plan on getting that Auto Couture kit for my SC.

Steve
Old 04-26-07, 05:06 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

It doesn't matter who pays how much for what thing. In the end, it's the overall presence of your car. Either you did it right or you did it wrong.

In this case, I think the pictures speak for themselves.
Old 04-26-07, 05:07 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
In this case, I think the pictures speak for themselves.
so put your car together already! those endless brakes aren't going to install themselves... LOL
Old 04-26-07, 05:13 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

^^^^ Yes please put them on and the AC Kit etc.....chop chop

Quick Reply: finally....pics new wheel setup/bodykit