SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

finally....pics new wheel setup/bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-07, 09:45 PM
hknubsauce
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car looks great bro...let me know about that straight pipe, roof spoiler, and rain visors!!!
Old 04-26-07, 11:12 PM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blisiono
nice car, i wouldn't mind having a knock off either. same look for a fraction of the price

btw, are you in so cal? i think i saw you driving in west covina on cameron on monday (4/23). if not, then someone has those same rims and kit
yes i did see you driving on cameron..... what a small world
Old 04-27-07, 03:52 PM
619Soarer
Rookie

Originally Posted by SickSC3
not bad i never notice how high that grill insert is on your car chanh55.
for real SickSC3, i noticed that too...
you know, there's no shame in rolling stock for a while until you got enough ends to get the REAL shiznit.. but its cool, i'm not hating or anything. nice stretch btw. aight, laters
Old 04-27-07, 04:05 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Solarian
Completely untrue. Louis Vuitton should lower their prices because they have a ridiculously large profit margin. They get their **** made in the same factory in China as the knockoffs, but charge more to satisfy elitists. Will they lower their prices? No, because the same elitists will continue to pay for the name.
I however, do NOT support the people purchasing LV knockoffs either. In my eyes, they are even worse than the elitists, because they are broke-*** status seekers trying to act big when they are infact, nobody.
The idea of advertising one's own wealth to impress others, is an obvious sign of low self worth. Wealth should be used to make your life more enjoyable, and provide for your family, not to impress the neighbours.

There is a dramatic difference between paying for name and paying for quality. Paying for a robotically TIG welded Full Race Manifold is WORTH every penny. Paying for precision forged Rays Wheels that are subject to stringent quality standards is WORTH every penny. Paying for a brand name body kit, which is made of the same material, in the same way, in a similar factory in China, not so much.
The reason why most people buy knockoffs, is not because they care to imitate the original body kit, and attain some sort of status in the eyes of others. They just want a body kit, that looks good, for a fair price. If they were trying to "fake the funk" as you so eloquently put it, they would not admit to having a knockoff, and would claim to have original Vertex.
Face it, the only people that actually care about this whole real vs. fake body kit thing, are the people that have a real kit, and are upset that others are paying less to have a car that looks just as good.
You're not going to convince the people with fake aero that they did something wrong, because the fact that they have fake aero to begin with and admit it, means that they don't care about being "baller" and are satisfied with their purchase, regardless of how you may view them as a result. A vehicle is a result of the owners ideas, creativity, ingenuity and skill, not a reflection of how much money was put into it.

your argument doesnt make a whole lot of sense