SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I Purchased A Chip From Lexussc400.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-01, 05:04 PM
DC-SC400-LEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Purchased A Chip From Lexussc400.com

I purchased a chip from Lexussc400.com and it performs better that I could even imagine. I'm not the technical type but I know FAST WHEN I FEEL IT. My car is fast now thanks to (Chris) at Lexussc400.com. The car has power and now performs like a totally different car. So, if you're on the fence about buying the chip I would advise you to buy it before the price goes up. Give him a call today! Tonight I'm going out "cruzin" to settle some old debts. Pay back time.
Old 11-29-01, 06:07 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Gee, 2 posts, new guy, and such good things to say about the chip from lexussc400.com.... wonder who that is..... :P
Old 11-29-01, 06:09 PM
Silver00Spike
Pole Position

*cough* marketer *cough* cough*
Old 11-29-01, 06:15 PM
DC-SC400-LEX
Driver School Candidate

Laugh if you want. But I really did purchase a "chip". If you want to ask any questions you can contact me at (202-575-2362).
Old 11-29-01, 08:14 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

Well there are already quite a few orders from this week with the ECU upgrade. Anyways, lexusc400.com is located in CA...not Washington D.C. and the only marketer for it is Chris(Smooth8). So I'm doubting that's a marketer..........Adam
Old 11-29-01, 08:30 PM
methodmf
Pole Position

DC-SC400-LEX where in DC are u locate at?
and what color is your SC so if I see you on the road i won't race it.
Old 11-30-01, 04:28 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by methodmf
DC-SC400-LEX where in DC are u locate at?
and what color is your SC so if I see you on the road i won't race it.
If it really is a customer, then he should be able to give you a test ride to see for yourself. So ask! It is funny how a newbie, all of a sudden, does this upgrade.

I really will put some weight into a veteran's comments though. Any of the local experts have input on this new ecu upgrade?

Keith
Old 11-30-01, 07:06 AM
abutler696
Lead Lap

Well someone that I've been talking to for a while here from clublexus is RadioDiary. I think he just watches the forums instead of asking question cause I never see him post anything yet he has been giving me help with things such as where to get good torque converters...etc.
Anyways, he just got the ECU upgrade and emailed him about it and this is what he said:

"What's up! Well, if I had to describe the power it would be like this. Remember how slow your car use to be getting off the line? Well, the chip will help that. The chip will also give you power on the top end. In fact..the chip will "scare you". You will also be able to "spin" the rear tires with the new chip..(once you take the traction off). This is the best investment you can make."

Guys, I will be getting the ECU upgrade next friday and if I can get it in time...I will compare it with a gtech meter and let all of you know the results. Later, Adam
Old 11-30-01, 12:00 PM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down come on guys, don't go slamming!

You know guys, it really is not cool to go implying things like that unless you know the scoop.

Lets stick to facts, not slamming someone who is new and has two posts to his name. Implying he is a marketer and making things up.

I wonder if the cynical ones who presume such bad things about people aren't the ones who tend to do such things.

Have a nice day and drive nice.
Old 11-30-01, 12:36 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Does anyone have any dyno info or cold hard facts on the difference the chip makes. That's a shiny coin for unproven performance. Any detailed spec data would be appreciated.

Peace
Old 11-30-01, 02:31 PM
808state
Driver

i second that motion of www.lexussc400.com getting some dynos done.

i also suggest smooth8 and www.lexussc400.com provide some hard numbers with their computer upgrade.

"it feels stronger" or "pulls better", etc doesn't cut it. you'd sell more chip upgrades if you put some numbers behind your product. also for what year models since the hp rating differs and do you get the same hp/torque gain for every year?

for instance, check out pete's homepage at
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott/

he has substancial testing and measurements (check out his lastest cold air intake design that you can do yourself!) to back up his claims. numbers don't lie.

also, although i myself is interested in a chip upgrade, some of the info on the website is sketch and possibly wrong. for instance, the metal maf adapter isn't for all models. '97 and up have different (maybe 96 or 95, but not sure) maf and don't require an adapter unless the adpater is round with no screws? the heat should should also be a little different because the maf in newer cars doesn't extend as far done as the pre '97 cars. 98+ cars i think are totally different since they have a 2uzfe engine (someone should verify) and i think it's intake is like the gs. just some technical stuff that should be noted on their website or corrected on their website just as a suggestion.

who knows? maybe they do know the differences in the models, but they should put it down because one size does not fit all.

Last edited by 808state; 11-30-01 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-30-01, 06:26 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

I have to agree also, that a dyno run or a set of GTech meter runs are in order. I run my car to 60 with a stopwatch doing the same launch on the same road, that's how I determine the difference. For example, I reset my ECU last night and it gave me an average .05 of a second on my old times. I think my ECU already knows who's driving
I prefer to simply say that people who don't understand marketing tend to do stuff like this.. if a part I put together has good results I'll tell everyone, and tell people to talk about it and get the word out. I do this because I prefer to think that I'm helping my fellow owners avoid lame upgrades, get things right and get the most out of their cars, because in turn they do the same for me. However when it comes to spending say, more than $300-350 on a performance part, most people want results on paper before they're willing to shell out whatever amount it is.
Hell, I'm gonna dyno this intake WR made for me just so I can post a dyno run.
Old 11-30-01, 06:53 PM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Default Proof is in the pudding, I concur

Yep, tests are the best way. I ran a million data tests on my heatshield design.

I initially used an IR temp gauge on various surfaces but decided that was not accurate enough since it could not be measured while driving. Same thing for a dyno run (as far as true road increase)

So I borrowed a DataPaq from the company (a $10,000 6 channel temperature data logger) and hooked up thermocouples all over the engine and posted the results on my web page.

A Gtech reading at various intervals with things like throttle position, speed and rpm along with HP would be great!

Take care.

PS: I love my S-AFC
Old 11-30-01, 07:14 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Having a box that seals all the way around really helps... The metal WR intake pipe was burning hot with the old one (imagine it without the old one, I hate to think about it :eek: ) and it runs cool now. Of course, if you're going turbo there's no reason to change because the intercooler will take care of it, even though an intercooler on that side will heat up the air going to the filter
Old 11-30-01, 07:19 PM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Default where in ca?

Hey Max, where abouts are you? I'm going to have two trips to CA in the next few months, to the Bay Area and to LA area. Maybe we could run some numbers, I really like that kit. email or pm me. (hopefully @home doesnt shut down tonight...)

Would love to test it on a 300 also. How is that rubber attached to it, I may need to upgrade the one on my car.

Quick Reply: I Purchased A Chip From Lexussc400.com