SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My new Soarer emblems. Don't they look sharp? :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-02, 09:45 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait to put on my soarer emblem.
I just need a place to go to shave off my emblems.
How much will it cost to shave off all stock emblems?
Old 07-01-02, 11:20 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my car done for about $100.

Love it!
Old 07-02-02, 05:38 AM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG, LondonBill. Where did you get those gold emblems ?

The SOARER and the Griffin in gold is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know where I can buy these? Please help! I've been searching forever!
Old 07-02-02, 01:59 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Legends6spd
OMG, LondonBill. Where did you get those gold emblems ?

The SOARER and the Griffin in gold is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know where I can buy these? Please help! I've been searching forever!

There's a giant banner that's been up on LSOC forever...
Old 07-02-02, 07:41 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by howiedoit
Looks just like mine that I got a little while ago...I had my rear SC300 emblem shaved when I had my car repainted. I'm going to have the front emblem as well as the rear Lexus emblem shaved soon...the trunk and the front bumper needs to be redone anyways...the body shop messed up the first time around

Where did you get yours and how much did you pay? I'm kinda scared to ask, cuz I paid a lot...a friend from Japan got it for me from a dealer
Changing Emblems = Rice....

Stop trying to make it into something its not

Rice Rice Rice
Old 07-02-02, 08:07 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

LSOC's emblems $60 pounds!
not sure exactly how much US dollars it is but dats a bit too steep for me =(

Last edited by Legends6spd; 07-02-02 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-02-02, 08:08 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by CamRen

Changing Emblems = Rice....

Rice Rice Rice

You're just burning all kinds of bridges today now aren't you? I think you of all people should be the last one waving around the proverbial rice flag.

-What about painting your stock calipers red? What are you "trying to make it" there?

-What about painting rims chrome color instead of electroplating it with real chrome? What are you "trying to make it" there?

-What about buying a WIN knock-off body kit? What are you "trying to make it" there?

So much for the anti-ricer . So you're telling me an SC300 is not a Soarer? Hmm, last I checked they were built on the same assembly line in the same factory, and share the same VIN prefixes, same chassis, and same drivetrain.

If you're going to be a hypocrite I'm going to call you on it. If you're going to come into my forum and start bashing all the SC owners, I'm not going to just sit and watch.

Last edited by lex400sc; 07-02-02 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-02-02, 08:39 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lex400sc

You're just burning all kinds of bridges today now aren't you? I think you of all people should be the last one waving around the proverbial rice flag.

-What about painting your stock calipers red? What are you "trying to make it" there?

-What about painting rims chrome color instead of electroplating it with real chrome? What are you "trying to make it" there?

-What about buying a WIN knock-off body kit? What are you "trying to make it" there?

So much for the anti-ricer . So you're telling me an SC300 is not a Soarer? Hmm, last I checked they were built on the same assembly line in the same factory, and share the same VIN prefixes, same chassis, and same drivetrain.

If you're going to be a hypocrite I'm going to call you on it. If you're going to come into my forum and start bashing all the SC owners, I'm not going to just sit and watch.

Red cailpers ill giv ya that.... Havent almost every1 done that also? and yeah my brakes R red.. because i do have performance brakes.. drilled / slotted rotors.. with Performance EBC pads.. there so now i can paint them red and put a P on there for performance... you havent seen porche's with red calipers ferraries with red calipers?? is that RICE TOO?

now lets see painted wheels??

see if you were smarter... you would know its called spatterd Chrome..... japanesse superchrome... which is actully better then real chrome.. you bend the wheels.. no problem.. you get it fixed and send it in to dronell and they re do it for you for much less then chroming the wheels...

and where did you get the idea of my bodykit being knock-off?? please know your stuff b4 you just blurt out thingss.... LEXUS BODY SHOP ORDERD MY KIT FROM THEIR PARTS DEPT. I have paper work to prove that..... so dont even BS like that... Its Real. PERIOD

most people in CL have changed their emblems??? i dunno mayb a couple.. not most... your car is a LEXUS why down grade to a TOYOTA... @ least ricers upgrade there emblems... rather then degrading em... i duno what your trying to pull...

and soarer and SC300 comming out the same factory.... .... now lets see a soarer and sc300 line up and RACE STOCK see who wins... Mayb u can even shake hands with the other driver with out getting out the car sence one major difference is The steering colum and placement of the driver.

sence your are changine your emblems to Soarer... why not Change the Forum board too.... goto a soarer forum?? just an idea... why not move to japan....?

Last edited by CamRen; 07-02-02 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-02-02, 11:27 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Red cailpers ill giv ya that.... Havent almost every1 done that also? and yeah my brakes R red.. because i do have performance brakes.. drilled / slotted rotors.. with Performance EBC pads.. there so now i can paint them red and put a P on there for performance... you havent seen porche's with red calipers ferraries with red calipers?? is that RICE TOO?
First off, Porsches and Ferraris come stock with Brembo calipers that are manufactured red. You painting yours red is a ricer mod: trying to imitate something that you don't have. I don't care what kind of discs and pads you have, you still have a Lexus OEM calipers! Why fake the funk and pretend you have a 6-8 piston performance caliper?

It's like: Let's see, I have new headers and a new intake, so since I've upgraded those why don't I just install a noise maker that emulates the sound of a turbo blow-off vavle!

now lets see painted wheels??

see if you were smarter... you would know its called spatterd Chrome..... japanesse superchrome... which is actully better then real chrome.. you bend the wheels.. no problem.. you get it fixed and send it in to dronell and they re do it for you for much less then chroming the wheels...
Better than real chrome eh? Maybe if HRE and Lowenhart et al were smarter they would junk that foolish old chrome-plating process and just "spatter" some shiny paint on it like your precious little 20inchandup.com does. Hell, those fools at Harley Davidson should stop electroplating their motorcycle parts too! What do they know!?

and where did you get the idea of my bodykit being knock-off?? please know your stuff b4 you just blurt out thingss.... LEXUS BODY SHOP ORDERD MY KIT FROM THEIR PARTS DEPT. I have paper work to prove that..... so dont even BS like that... Its Real. PERIOD
Lexus body shop or Lexus-authorized dealership and service center? There's a big difference. I've never seen a Lexus-authorized dealer sell WIN bodykits either. Nevertheless, there are many senior members on CL that contend that your kit is the real deal.

most people in CL have changed their emblems??? i dunno mayb a couple.. not most... your car is a LEXUS why down grade to a TOYOTA... @ least ricers upgrade there emblems... rather then degrading em... i duno what your trying to pull...
Downgrade? Okay first of all, they are the same thing. Buy ANY part you want from the Lexus dealership and what do you see on the boxes, tape, and labels? "Toyota Genuine Parts". Second, people do it because they want the JDM look, something original and refreshing from every other Lexus on the road. And third, some people aren't materialistic, egomaniac, self-absorbed snobs that think the Lexus badging on their cars makes them a big baller.

@ least ricers upgrade there emblems... rather then degrading em
So you think that "ricers upgrading there emblems" is a better idea than us badging our cars JDM style?? By that logic you wouldn't mind seeing a Toyota Avalon with Lexus GS300 emblems??? Interesting... Maybe you'd be happier if we set up a group buy on Ferrari F550 tags?

and soarer and SC300 comming out the same factory.... .... now lets see a soarer and sc300 line up and RACE STOCK see who wins... Mayb u can even shake hands with the other driver with out getting out the car sence one major difference is The steering colum and placement of the driver.
SC300 5-speed vs. 2JZ Soarer 5-speed..... tie.
SC400 vs. 1UZ Soarer GT... tie.

So what you're telling me is that a JDM Toyota Camry (for example) matched up with it's equivalent USDM Toyota Camry are two completely different cars just because of a few forced changes in dash and center console that make them street legal in their respective countries? You have to be kidding me!.......

BTW, Startrade and other companies will correct the right-side steering for a few bucks. I guess you can say Startrade "creates a whole new car" then huh?

sence your are changine your emblems to Soarer... why not Change the Forum board too.... goto a soarer forum?? just an idea... why not move to japan....?
Ri-i-i-i-iight....

Last edited by lex400sc; 07-02-02 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-03-02, 03:35 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh boy...we got a live one!

Personally, I think it's only rice if you do mixed badging on the same side...meaning have the Lexus logos AND the soarer logos on the back...I think it's better if you do the Toyota Emblem and the SOARER wordmark instead of having all the other stuff...

However, I think it's OK to just have the Soarer Griffin on the front by itself. It's not "competing" with other logos (like the Soarer and Lexus logos on the back).

I also think OVERBADGING is rice. I've seen people put Lexus wordmarks on the SIDE of their car...THAT'S rice....

Like Lex400SC stated, both the SC300 (2JZ-GE) and the SC400 (1UZ-FE) exist in Japan...the only diff. being the LHD vs. RHD...

...now RED PAINTED STOCK CALIPERS are SERIOUS RICE. It's RICE because you're trying to make your stock calipers look like it's a $3000 set of performance brakes. When you do JDM logos, you're not trying to FAKE IT (unless you put a V300 logo on a NON-turbo GS or something like that)....and not everyone has painted their calipers some "performance" color (red/yellow/blue)...

...and good luck trying to get Dronell to "re-chrome" your wheels...with normal chrome, you can take it many different chroming shops to have it re-chromed...and don't me started about chrome in general...
Old 07-03-02, 07:20 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know if it is to be better to be a ricer or to be all talk and say that you are choosing your mods for 1.5 years...go figure
Old 07-04-02, 12:27 AM
London Bill
Lead Lap

What we have here is basically a discussion on - Good Taste.

What is cool what is not,

Red painted calipers - uncool, *****off huge red calipers - v/cool.

You could say that red calipers are rice but not when they are attached to a Porsche turbo, they are still red calipers so it's not the red caliper alone that makes it rice but the fittment.

To quote some English comedian about style, it's a 360degree thing you start off at 0 (looking like a d1ckhead), as you improve your dress & appearance you start moving round the style gauge, looking good, looking cool, as you move into more trendy area's of dress sense you push further & further round the gauge until: OOOPS, you've gone right round and come back to looking like a D1ckhead, this is what happens with cars, you can only go so far before everyone else thinks it is OTT, that art is not knowing what mod to do next, but when to stop.
Old 07-04-02, 12:49 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

here is a little dillema

you have stock brake calipers and you paint it black and stick a LEXUS sticker on it. Now black is noth "rice" colour and the pads belong to stock Lexus car. I am going that way for now since it will look real good and at the same time not be as ricey as...say...re/yellow.
Old 07-04-02, 01:11 AM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Retrodrive;

I am in full agreement with black calipers, the stock calipers looking all brown & rusty are horrid, so clean & paint them to improve the looks, red, yellow, blue - no way, but a nice shiny black will look very cool, tasteful - not too sure about adding a lexus sticker though.

The Supra Turbo brake upgrade has black calipers with "SUPRA" etched or cast into the metal, I would be tempted to have this machined off, a single (small) "L" would be tasteful.

These are fitted to a Soarer V8, the owner dont care they say "Supra" he just wants the brake performance.

Last edited by London Bill; 07-04-02 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-04-02, 01:45 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Painting your calipers black or silver is recommended to get rid of that "rust" color...but when you go with "understood" performance colors like Red/Blue/Yellow, that's when you get into rice...it's rice NOT simply because it's red or whatever, it's rice because you are trying to make it look like performance brakes when it's not...

I also think that putting on a Lexus logo or the wordmark "LEXUS" on the brake caliper is very rice...that falls into "overlabeling"...I mean everyone knows you own a Lexus, the brakes are OBVIOULSY by Lexus...Lexus saw no reason to label their brakes..why label it?

It's like putting a LEXUS emblem on the side of your car...completely unnecessary! It's also like putting a "Powered by Lexus" sticker on your car...like NO ***** SHERLOCK....you know what I mean?

Now doing some JDM logos (like the S300 and V300 if you actually have a turbo) kinda thing is cool because it's UNCOMMON. But even there, overdoing is bad. Like London Bill said, you have to know when to stop. Having every Lexus and JDM emblem on your car looks bad.

The ONLY non-OEM badge I have on my GS430 is a very small TOM'S emblem (like 0.75" x 0.25")...only a select few will even know what that is, I have nearly every TOM'S suspension mod on the GS430 (except the STB's), and I support TOM'S and believe in their products...so as you can see, it makes sense.

Last edited by Manaray; 07-04-02 at 01:46 AM.

Quick Reply: My new Soarer emblems. Don't they look sharp? :)