SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Wood Kit Recommendations?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-01, 05:12 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wood Kit Recommendations?!?!?

Anybody had good luck with a specific wood kit manufacturer/seller?

Thanx.

Ryan
Old 12-04-01, 07:34 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.LegendFive.com is where I got my dash kit. They've got a ton of woodgrains, colors, metals.

SR
Old 12-04-01, 12:29 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by CmputerWiz
www.LegendFive.com is where I got my dash kit. They've got a ton of woodgrains, colors, metals.

SR
SR,

How about a little write up about your dash kit. I'm thinnking of getting one, but would like some refrences. How's yours- ease of installation, color match, how its holding up, quality, looks, etc. Please let us know.

Anyone else w/ dask kits, please post as well. I'm looking for a reliable place to buy one. Thanks in advance.

Keith
Old 12-04-01, 12:56 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Keith13b

SR,

How about a little write up about your dash kit. I'm thinnking of getting one, but would like some refrences. How's yours- ease of installation, color match, how its holding up, quality, looks, etc. Please let us know.

Anyone else w/ dask kits, please post as well. I'm looking for a reliable place to buy one. Thanks in advance.

Keith
Well I didn't get the wood one, I got the brushed aluminum. They did say they could do an exact match of my woodgrain, and offered a moneyback guarantee.

It was easy to install....wipe the area to apply with this 3M cleaner stuff, stick on the piece. Took about 30min, and that included door trim pieces, overhead light/sunroof control panel piece, A/C piece, entire console, below gauges.

It's holding up great, I drag crap across it all the time, catch things on the edge while trying to pry the dash apart, etc. It's stuck on like superglue. I managed to scratch one piece when I dragged a ginsu-type knife across it. I just buffed it with my dremel and a cloth tip, all fixed.

SR
Old 12-04-01, 05:16 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Default Got It 20% Off Today Only!

I just ordered my kit from Joshua Tree. www.woodtrim.com
It came recommended and I have seen it in person. Looks great! The owner rated the match a 10/10 and the fit excellent. There is also a 20% discount through Dec. 4th so hurry if you are interested. I'll post my thoughts.

Ciao.

Ryan
Old 12-09-02, 08:43 AM
kccapt
Rookie

Default Ryan, please

Ryan:

Yeah, tell us more.

My concern is that the flat-panel edges won't drop dpwn loww enough to cover the old plastic.

Have you seen the installed stuff? Look good?

Jeff
Old 12-09-02, 02:03 PM
928owner
Driver

Talking

Ryan,

They are PRICY though.... I guess you get what you pay for. The earlier (SC) kits are MUCH more costly than the newer models. Wonder why? Endangered wood species perhaps??

Bob
Old 12-09-02, 04:27 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Got It 20% Off Today Only!

Originally posted by AgGS400
I just ordered my kit from Joshua Tree. www.woodtrim.com
It came recommended and I have seen it in person. Looks great! The owner rated the match a 10/10 and the fit excellent. There is also a 20% discount through Dec. 4th so hurry if you are interested. I'll post my thoughts.

Ciao.

Ryan
Even at 20% discount, the kit is quite pricy!
For the cost, this kit should fit **** and the wood grain/color match
damn exact!!!
What type of wood grain is a match to the SC's?
Ryan gives us your imput and pics

Aren't these all the same kit, just under different distributors/vendors?

CmputerWiz
Legend5.com does not have the SC300/400 diagrams, do they carry the wood kits for the 300/400? or is this a custom order?

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 12-09-02 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-09-02, 04:30 PM
V8RWDHP
Driver

Question

I just recieved a kit from joshua tree for my 96' and it doesn't seem to match my wood. much darker and different grain, they told me I may have had a dealer installed kit put on when it first arrived stateside. Doesn't look like it to me but I'm wonderin' what everyone elses stock woodgrain looks like, the kit I got is dark and a knotty kind of wood with small darker round spots. I'm new here so I would like to say hi to everyone and thanks because I have learned a ton about our cars here already.
Old 12-09-02, 07:55 PM
V8RWDHP
Driver

BTW joshua tree has one more piece than the other kits I have seen. The piece that goes around the radio and climate controls. With the volume **** and cup holder slot in it. If any other kits have it please inform me who sells it.
Old 12-09-02, 08:10 PM
mjames08
Pole Position

I have seen pics of the Veneerz kit that looked pretty darn close to stock.. The best I have seen.

Mark
Old 12-09-02, 08:29 PM
928owner
Driver

Smile

At least it is cheaper than the J tree folks.... wonder if it is the plastic wood like I already have.....
Old 12-09-02, 08:33 PM
kccapt
Rookie

Default mo info

just got the veneerz kit today (I had tried to cancel because their service sucks)...looks OK, darker than EOM, though

Furhter, it seems different somewhat different than the one I got ripped off on (BTW: would you buy a steak dinner without the steak and accept an "you-didn't-read-the-fine-print-on-the-menu" answer....JUST DROP IT; I didn't ID you, you did)

The Joshuatree stuff also has the overhead/light console peice, so it must be different

I'm tempted to order it and compare/return the loser.

Last edited by kccapt; 12-09-02 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-09-02, 08:39 PM
V8RWDHP
Driver

Glad to know that about veneerz, I almost considered returning my J tree one and getting the veneerz. I still may return it but I'd rather pay more and get better service and more pieces than deal with BS thanks kccapt
Old 12-09-02, 08:44 PM
kccapt
Rookie

Default Swap/compare?

Hey V8RWDHP:

How about we compare somehow...maybe swap a piece and compare....report to all and swap if we want

Quick Reply: Wood Kit Recommendations?!?!?