SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ECU results........

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-01, 08:17 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU results........

Alright guys........here is my experience with the ECU for the first day of dry land with it. Well when you floor the car......its kicks...just as a torque converter would. The power is much greater at low end than top end I believe..........which is good since it balances our cars out instead of us only having good top end power. Well anyways.......the first gtech 0-60 test was in 6.32 seconds. I was f%$ impressed. Well I don't know about you guys......but once my car has been at WOT a few times.......the engine gets so hot.........it takes over a second off my 0-60 time(according the the gtech at least) Well later in the night I had friends riding with me and I couldn't really get close to 6.32 with them in the car. Its weird......but it definitely gives the car a good kick. Now I'm guessing a cold air intake would solve this problem of mine and probably some headers too. But the heat our sc4's makes on itsself just sux. By the way........the day before I sent my ECU off to lexussc400.com I took someone's advice and disconnected my ECU from my car for 30 minutes. Then I ran the car and got a 6.53 I believe. Well from all the times I've rounded up......I think this upgrade will take away around .4-.5 seconds off 0-60 and about .6-.7 off quarter mile. The upgrade was definitely worth the money. Once the air intake is put on along with this upgrade and my borlas.......I predict I will be doing 0-60 in under 6 seconds.............Then headers.....then S-AFC.....then the secret power of NOS .
Old 12-11-01, 08:49 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

6.32 that is impressive over the stock time! What was the exact 1/4 mile time? Does the car shift/drives any differently(worse)? Are you going to get it dynoed anytime? Over the next week or so, keep track of any feul consumption losses or gains.

I had the JWT ecu upgrade on my ZX aand it was the bomb. If the www.Lexussc400.com ecu upgrade is anything like that I'm in! When I come to Montgomery you and I must have a lil' run SC4 vs SC4 to get some real world results... Seriuosly I can not wait to see how your car performs. Do you have your car posted in the gallery?

Congrats, you lucky bastard...

The Ikon
Old 12-11-01, 08:59 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm...
Ok, today was my first day with the ECU upgrade. At first, I was VERY dissapointed, but that was to be expected, i was told to drive my car hard for about a half hour or so. Ok, so I drove hard.... really hard. On the highway in traffic, on winding curves, from stoplights (you get some dirty looks when the person in the '84 subaru station wagon thinks you wanna race, i tell ya!), empty roads, everywhere.

My car seemed to respond better and better as the day (and night) progressed. Yes, I even managed a smirk

When passing up cars, the SC didn't have to downshift to get sufficient passing power. Before, I always had to punch it (to switch to different gear) because it would feel to me that the car didn't accelerate quick enough for my tastes.

I really didn't notice anything off the line, it actually felt the same to me. Most of my noticeable power gains seemed to come in after 3400 rpm. I tried to peel out the car from a standstill but still couldn't without having to hold the brakes.

Off the line when I stomp on the gas, the car would make it's first shift at its normal 6400 rpm down to about 3400 rpm; i didn't lose any power between the shifts! The car feels stronger in the upper RPM range.

Just for your guys' information, im at 5200ft elevation w/ 275's in the rear, so any improvements off the line won't be as noticeable. I'm taking my car to the dyno on January 19 and I will only be testing the hp gains of the ECU, so i won't install my other upgrades that might throw off the numbers.

Last edited by hellasboy; 12-11-01 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-11-01, 09:04 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

I didn't do a quater mile time except for once when my engine had been hot and that was a bad run of 0-60 in 7 and 1/4 of 15.4. I honestly couldn't tell you about the gas consumption because I am a runner for my law firm and some weeks I drive around a lot and some I don't so I never pay attention to it. I doubt I will get my car dynoed(unless its free of course or extremely cheap) I just talked to Leo from Weapon R like 5 minutes ago and I will be ordered a cold air intake from him tommorow.

man......the sc4 vs sc4 race will be on. I will see if our fellow clublexus member Trudremz16 can bring his sc4 as well. Do you have my telephone #? My car is posted in the gallery but its a really bad shot so I'm not even going to tell you which one it is. Its a picture from NOPI last year, but that was before I got my car lowered and thicker tires. Car doesn't shift any worse. Later, Adam
Old 12-11-01, 09:10 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

That's weird man........hehe......two different responses to it. Well shifting was much quicker though.....you're right about that.
Old 12-11-01, 09:12 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Hellaboy, I'm glad you mentioned that you have wider tires on your SC. They will make a big difference in the times.

Abutler how wide are your tires? I notice you have 18" tires as well.

Send me your # to the pm and I'll send you mine as well.
Old 12-11-01, 09:17 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

what was the cost of the ECU......toyomoto also does the ECU for the SC400.....ill find out there cost and specs...Jeff
Old 12-11-01, 09:20 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

the cost was 800.........now its 900........Adam

I never heard of toyomoto making anything for the sc4!!
I wish I had now. What else do they make?

My tires are all very thin for 18's........235/40/18's

Last edited by abutler696; 12-11-01 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-11-01, 09:32 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

I emailed and called Toyomoto and I got no responses back from them at all. This was about a year (or longer) ago. I also tried to contact them this past spring and the same thing occured.

I'm not flaming but is this typical of the service they give? Are they a small operation? They seem to have a image when it comes to the turbo Lexus.
Old 12-11-01, 09:47 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

We drove this dude's GS400 after installing the intercrew ECU in it. Leo tuned it... the car was immensely powerful. HP went up 15 to 250 and torque 25 to 283... that's Chevy LS-1 motor territory in a motor that's 100 cubic inches smaller. I also drove Leo's own car with the same programmable ECU, an IS-300. That thing shifted instantaneously and had power to spare, it was a ton of fun to drive. His car's lowered too and has a bodykit so hella people were looking at me
With my new (and much needed) ignition wires the car's probably pushing 195 WHP now. The next step here is me renting a car and letting Leo take my car for a couple of days to install and tune the ECUs he's got. For all I know, it might be that the gains are enough that others out here will want to do the same thing, even though it too will require pulling the ECU out and sending it in.
One thing I wonder is why haven't we seen Smooth8 (Chris) post in a while? Is he on vacation or something?
hellasboy I'll be anxious to see your dyno results.
Old 12-12-01, 10:05 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

toyomoto had some issues with there phones and email last year cause his employee left to jamaica and never came back..lol....there is a guy danny who can take care of you.....give them a call and ask them about it...Jeff
305-599-3050
Old 12-12-01, 12:22 PM
whosdady
Rookie

Default ???

A couple of days ago, the website said the price would be $799 until Jan. 1st. Today the price is $899. This makes me question the reliability of this company.

I have been in communication with the company about sending my ECU in, but this move makes me hesitate. Granted it is only $100 and a couple weeks early but... It still makes me wonder. Especially when those results are less than what has been recorded with the torque converter alone. On the website it is advertised as making a bigger difference than the converter.

I am not throwing any flames. I am still considereing this upgrade for myself but I think this company should stick with the original pricing previously advertised. To me it just builds credibilty.
Old 12-12-01, 02:04 PM
928owner
Driver

Also keep in mind there is NO warranty included. Verified by the WEBmaster of their site.
That's why I decided not to go for the ECU..... spending that kind of $$$ W/O a warranty goes against everything I learned about the law......
Old 12-12-01, 03:17 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 928owner
Also keep in mind there is NO warranty included. Verified by the WEBmaster of their site.
That's why I decided not to go for the ECU..... spending that kind of $$$ W/O a warranty goes against everything I learned about the law......
Are you an attoerney or law student? No warranty is crazy for that amount of loot!!!

I emailed them with a host of questions too... warranty, hp claims, turn around time, dyno sharts, etc...

Does SRT have a warranty on their products?
Old 12-12-01, 03:46 PM
928owner
Driver

Don't know about SRT warranty..

I am a Regulatory Affairs professional....

Quick Reply: ECU results........