Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That blue car is sick, makes me wish i would have painted mine blue
Old 06-01-07, 04:33 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
dang..that is one sick ride! oh how i wish i were in japan!!!
you know.. I think it would be sweet if CLF could do a group trip to Japan for the auto salon....so we could see some of these beast
Old 06-01-07, 09:34 PM
jdmjzz30
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
you know.. I think it would be sweet if CLF could do a group trip to Japan for the auto salon....so we could see some of these beast
I got another year left here in Japan. I can show you guys around Tokyo.
Old 06-01-07, 10:16 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

DRunk Carlos kills it! top 12 i think! ABC Exclusives...SuperDuper Exclusive wheels!..

How does it handle like a Hachi on the turns though?

That car is TOUGH!:

I like this one...I love black cars.

Last edited by Levistey0; 06-01-07 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-02-07, 12:59 AM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Makes me want a kit.
Old 06-02-07, 06:33 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

what is that jdm nonsense on the front, front plate at an angle??
Old 06-02-07, 06:44 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the front plate is angled to let air pass it easier. there are also collapseable ones that are spring loaded that will lay flat at around 45mph. i have one on my car and they are nice but they take forever to find/get one from japan, took me 2 years to find one.
Old 06-02-07, 06:53 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would post mine but he saind no chrome
Whats wrong with Chrome?
Old 06-02-07, 07:31 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
the front plate is angled to let air pass it easier. there are also collapseable ones that are spring loaded that will lay flat at around 45mph. i have one on my car and they are nice but they take forever to find/get one from japan, took me 2 years to find one.

I saw in a few videos that that is the only way the camera can catch you speeding. It is illegal not to have the front plate, so to "stay under the radar" they tilt the plates so they can't be seen..
Old 06-02-07, 08:02 AM
jdmjzz30
Lead Lap

Your right bigmalik00, that is the only reason why we have those adjustable plate holders is so the cameras can't get a shot at our plates. It has nothing to do with air passing. It's just easier adjusting the plates after we pass the toll gates then to take them completely off. Cause once you get on the Chuo (Highway) you will not find any cops, just high mounted cameras, so just imagine what you can do after hours and imagine just about every Tuner thinking what you are thinking. The spring loaded ones are a nice upgrade, they start to angle in at a certain speed.

Those adjustable plates are available at Autobacs and any Car shops all over Japan.
Old 06-03-07, 12:18 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
dang..that would just be one AWESOME trip..a whole CLF group field trip to japan..my dreams becoming reality...*sigh* then getting so many different ideas to bring back to the states and stuff for our cars too!
Old 06-03-07, 11:08 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 113 Likes on 53 Posts

some of these cars im seein are givin me some ideas now haha.. great pics guys
Old 06-03-07, 09:18 PM
drnkcarlos
Driver

Originally Posted by jdmjzz30

I had a bunch of pics of this guys Soarer I was planning on posting up before my computer crashed. I’m glad someone posted the thread.

Me and DrunkCarlos met this guy at Ebisu Circuit last year for Drift Festival. I forgot his name but his shop is called Noise Maker down in Chiba Prefecture Tokyo, I'll have to find his business card he gave me.

At first glance it looks like a phat Supra form the rear.

The Soarer is so sick, It handles like a Hachi on the turns, the wheels are Gold ABC Exclusive's Balkens made by SSR 18x10+0 fronts and 18x12+0 Rears. The Soarer sports the obvious Vertex Kit with custom Rear fenders. For his rears he cut his rear quarter panels and flared it out 50mm( a lot of bodywork almost 6 months), This was done before the Vertex Ridge kit came out on the market. He said he wanted to keep the stock body lines, that’s why he didn't go with the BN Blister kit (the only wide body kit available at the time).

The Soarer is powered by a 2JZ-GTE bottom end with a 1JZ-GTE head and a Big Single Greddy T78-33D turbo, he quoted 500hp.

He drifts his Soarer as is with the same wheel setup.
Spinning 18x12's is f@#%!* hard, but he does it like nothing.

Hopefully we get to see this car again in these summers Drift Festival.
I'm glad someone else has pictures of this car...

Those wheels were crazy, he could fit his 4 way in it, but had to use a thinwall adapter to clear the rim it had so much dish.
Yeah I just saw him (His name is Morikubo-san) at Nikko during MSC, he's building his new soarer now... (that one was his "beater" as he put it ... yeah thats what I said too...) Unfortunately the Dragon soarer has been put down.
We should be able to see him at Fall Drift Matsuri at Ebisu this year, He's planning on having the new car there, he won't be making summer matsuri. The car should be similar to his old one, (though I doubt the same) just with some cams and a few odds and ends this time...

And what jdmjzz30 was talking about moving like a hachi was the way the car moved and speed it would transistion was pretty fast... more silvia like than hachi but definitely not like a stock soarer movement.

Not near as cool as the Dragon Soarer, but here's a pic of mine, just got it back from body shop a bit ago in the pic so don't mind the odds and ends.

Old 06-03-07, 10:46 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

How about this tough Lexus Soarer at the Marina autocross in Monterey, Ca. (thats me)
Old 06-04-07, 07:38 AM
jdmjzz30
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by drnkcarlos
I'm glad someone else has pictures of this car...

Those wheels were crazy, he could fit his 4 way in it, but had to use a thinwall adapter to clear the rim it had so much dish.
Yeah I just saw him (His name is Morikubo-san) at Nikko during MSC, he's building his new soarer now... (that one was his "beater" as he put it ... yeah thats what I said too...) Unfortunately the Dragon soarer has been put down.
We should be able to see him at Fall Drift Matsuri at Ebisu this year, He's planning on having the new car there, he won't be making summer matsuri. The car should be similar to his old one, (though I doubt the same) just with some cams and a few odds and ends this time...

And what jdmjzz30 was talking about moving like a hachi was the way the car moved and speed it would transistion was pretty fast... more silvia like than hachi but definitely not like a stock soarer movement.

Not near as cool as the Dragon Soarer, but here's a pic of mine, just got it back from body shop a bit ago in the pic so don't mind the odds and ends.

LOL....man its about time you posted on this board, I don't visit the other forum much, too much drama. You need to come down this weekend I picked up a S15 for my new project. Since my SC300/Soarer is just about done. Well get a photoshoot or something together.

Quick Reply: Tough Soarers (pic thread)