Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one have an imput on exhaust

hey...
i need exhaust..
i am looking for exhaust
so why not turn to the guys at clublexus
for all of my lexus questioning

okay...
does anyone have HKS exhaust? what does it sound like, look like, and cost like?

does anyone have GReddy exhaust? what does it sound, look and cost like?

does any one have RMM exhaust? this is what i most want because its a guaranteed fit.....what does is sound, look, and cost like?

does anyone have Apex exhaust? what does it sound, look, and cost like?

i have been looking at one of these four exhaust for my SC but cannot decide which one will be the best for me
i want something that is noticibly sounding there
but also something that i can tell is there when i am driving
horsepower wise...
i dont want to sound like a rice burner though
but its gotta sound clean
anyways... someone lemme know
laters...ian
Old 12-12-01, 12:14 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Have you heard Abutler's Borla exhaust yet? Since you all are in the same area. I'm still going with a custom Dynomax ultra flow set up...
Old 12-12-01, 02:29 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another fellow from AL

the Apexi' and HKS are going to sound about the same... Ferrari-type sound provided you actually get a cat-back... the Apexi' mufflers are offered with bigger piping... 60mm or 80mm... HKS only has 75mm
both have to be custom jobs unless you want to import one from Japan

I've heard the Borla is good, but imo american exhaust belongs on an american car...

The Greddy sound is typical greddy, it will be quieter than the Apex and HKS and more muffled because of the enormous muffler greddy is so popular for...

There's another one that someone posted about here... its like the Apexi and HKS style but its a full catback... they sell it at http://www.overboost.com

I plan on getting a single 3" N1... I'll get something else later if I need bigger piping
Old 12-12-01, 09:59 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Hi:
I have the Blitz Nur Spec cat back systems on my SC400. This is a very well made system fabricated out of stainless and executed flawlessly by Blitz. They are listed on the Blitz website as SC300 exhausts but are perfect for the 400 as well. The exhaust note is deep and growly. Idle is mellow and deep bloom bloom bloom.
Stand on the accelerator and you have a Ferrari howl. At cruise 60-80 they quite down and keep the cabin Lexus tranquil. However stand on the gas at 70 and sure enough the roar returns. The mechanics at my speed shop were very impressed with the results and want me back to tape the exhaust note and put it on their web site. When this gets done I will let ya'll know. The Nur Spec runs on the high side but the quality is all Lexus worthy IMHO. Pictures of the Nur Spec are on the British Blitz website. I think the install pic may even be of an SC400 up on the lift?? When my digital camera gets fixed I shall post some pics for ya'll.
Old 12-12-01, 11:21 PM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

Default cool

yea that would be cool
blitz sounds like they could be good
how much did you pay with the shipping

yea i wouldnt see why any cat back system for the 300 wouldnt fit the 400
they are probalby similar in piping somewhere under there even though the 400 is a true dual

and if you can .... hurry on some pics... that would be cool too
thanks
ian
Old 12-13-01, 04:06 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

They were $680 which included the shipping from California to CT. You may be able to find them for less or more. In this case, my speed shop found me a distributor that actually had them in stock. Alot of websites list stuff however it tends to not be in stock, especially body kits and exhaust systems and wheels, they are the myriad bulky items that are not A movers in the scheme of inventory mangement. So that said, this is not a less expensive universal can. Unfortunatly, Their price may disuade some from going this route.
Old 12-13-01, 07:36 AM
Slick Lex Coupe
Driver

Isn't the Blitz only a rear section though? That's what it says on their website. The exhaust Bean was referring to on overboost.com is the JIC Bullett Twin Spartan. That one is a cat back, and it looks bad ***. It's supposed to be pretty quiet too.
Old 12-13-01, 08:38 AM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you like Borla, they have the system for the SC's at http://store.summitracing.com/ for only $460.
Old 12-13-01, 03:40 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Originally posted by Slick Lex Coupe
Isn't the Blitz only a rear section though?
Ya it is a rear section, which included the pipes in front of the muffler to the first junction, the muffler and the tip. Essentially like the Borla from a configuration setup. It is not from the headers all the way back.
Old 12-13-01, 11:23 PM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

Default exhaust

so the blitz fit the SC 400
just like the borla and the RMM do
so its simple to put on
not a universal where i have to take it to a muffler
shop and have them put it on for me
Old 12-14-01, 04:07 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Yah, they are an unbolt and rebolt with a wee bit fiddlin' with the rubber rear hangers to get the location right and centered and all. The whole operation took about 2 hours or one hour per side. We had to wait for the original exhausts to cool down a tad as they were hot. Caution, the originals are VERY VERY heavy units according to the mechanic. After seeing it done, I could have done it myself but would have had to go to a parts shop for a few things that were needed (Bolts), which I would not have had (Gaskets came with it). Even though it was a 2 hour job he only charged me for 1 hour of Labor so my installed bill was $55. This was done at the local speed shop from whom I ordered the muffler. It is nice to know that if I ever have any problems he said just come on back. So far no rattles or whatever. Im happy. BTW, for exhausts try this place on the net, they have alot of gear for the SC... someone else gave me their URL here.... quite an impressive array of stuff... I have not done any business with them so I do not know how they operate and how good their service is.

www.cyberauto.com

Last edited by Red93sc400; 12-14-01 at 09:25 PM.