SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

is it possible to jump wires to raise windows?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 12:17 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it possible to jump wires to raise windows?

windows stuck down along with sunroof stuck open. trying to trace down a problem with the ingnition switch or somthing as you can see from my other post. The real problem for now is that the windows are stuck down. I was wondering if anyone has jumped the switches to raise the windows or if this was even possible, without hurting anything

thanks guys.. sorry to post again but im kinda in a jam here
Old 05-30-07, 12:34 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

remove the door panel and power up the motor manually ,Blair did you cheack the main fuses in the engine bay? i bet its one of those big colored fuses in there ,if not double cheack your harness
Old 05-30-07, 12:49 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

i checked the fuses (small ones) those were fine- I didnt check the big fuse boxes. not sure how to tell if those are bad or shich ones to even check.. you are talking about the fuses in theengine bay inside that black box correct? to me it seems like i have an ignition problem along with another issue??? as for the harness im not sure what to check.. the car has started and driven fine for days before this happened
Old 05-30-07, 01:00 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Had a similar problem with my girl's car...not a Lexus but in any case, everything in the fuse panel looked fine, I changed up a bunch and still no luck. In the big box under the hood there were large relays and fuses. I checked some of the smaller fuses like the ones in the other fuse panel and one was blown. Replaced and the radio/overhead lights worked perfect (that was my problem). Look up in the manual what fuses under the hood are where and try to mess with that.

All else fails, do as the other person said in removing panels and manually pushing them up....I had to do this once also but it was bad window motor.
Old 05-30-07, 01:11 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yelloa3gti
i checked the fuses (small ones) those were fine- I didnt check the big fuse boxes. not sure how to tell if those are bad or shich ones to even check.. you are talking about the fuses in theengine bay inside that black box correct? to me it seems like i have an ignition problem along with another issue??? as for the harness im not sure what to check.. the car has started and driven fine for days before this happened
yea the fuses in the black box cheack those to see if they are good .is the car totally dead? get a tester and cheack your ignition wires see if they have any current at all ,cheack the engine harness to see if any wires got loose .there is a main relay in the driverside kick panel its the one at the very bottom of the fuse box
Old 05-30-07, 01:19 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

here are my issues (from my other post)

heres the deal.. drove the car all day.. started it maybe 15 times over the day. Finally got in it again to move it and nothing. Its not the battery or starter. they key goes into the ignition but nothing lights up (dash lights etc etc) when i turn it over to ACC nothing comes on ( no radio or anything) when you turn the key more to the right to start it there is usually a click or some resistance before it starts. That resistance isnt there anymore and the key spins freely from acc to start. At first I thought it was the ignition but after talking to some people they think its the key cylinder. I pulled the key cylinder out and attempted to start the car with needle nose pliers with no luck. Still the car does not power up when in the acc position. When i turned the ignition with the key cylinder out it just spun freely. Is there a way to start the car with the key cylinder out?

I guess my next step is to check over all the fuses. Im not sure how to tell they are bad. I check all the small fuses in the engine bay and none are bad. I have a spare fusebox from my 1J swap so ill switch out the large relays in the fuse box too. I have some wiring diagrams that talk about the fuse box on the driver side floor. I guess ill look into that next
Old 05-30-07, 01:40 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

swap out ignition switches and try it .test the ignition wires to see if they are getting current,cheack the main + wire from the battery and trace it to see if its loose somewhere and replace the main relay . i had some serious issues with my car with it starting for itself and **** .it turned out to be a wire going to the bodyplugs was triggering the starter ,was your alarm working you probably tripped it off or something ,wish i can be more help good luck
Old 05-30-07, 04:26 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the sunroof i think theres a manual way of closing it.. its somewhere in the owner's manual i think..
Old 05-31-07, 02:45 AM
Bildilla
Driver

Originally Posted by yelloa3gti
here are my issues (from my other post)

heres the deal.. drove the car all day.. started it maybe 15 times over the day. Finally got in it again to move it and nothing. Its not the battery or starter. they key goes into the ignition but nothing lights up (dash lights etc etc) when i turn it over to ACC nothing comes on ( no radio or anything) when you turn the key more to the right to start it there is usually a click or some resistance before it starts. That resistance isnt there anymore and the key spins freely from acc to start. At first I thought it was the ignition but after talking to some people they think its the key cylinder. I pulled the key cylinder out and attempted to start the car with needle nose pliers with no luck. Still the car does not power up when in the acc position. When i turned the ignition with the key cylinder out it just spun freely. Is there a way to start the car with the key cylinder out?

I guess my next step is to check over all the fuses. Im not sure how to tell they are bad. I check all the small fuses in the engine bay and none are bad. I have a spare fusebox from my 1J swap so ill switch out the large relays in the fuse box too. I have some wiring diagrams that talk about the fuse box on the driver side floor. I guess ill look into that next
You have to check the 4-5 big fuses in the black box!!!!!!!! My Soarer 4,0 V8 has a broken 150A, and the car is DEAD!!!!
J am geting a new 150A in to night!! Hop it fix it!!

Lock hear: http://members.iinet.com.au/~rbaird/...G_114_0001.jpg

2jz has a big 120A fus ++ some 100 and 60...

Last edited by Bildilla; 05-31-07 at 02:54 AM.