SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How to Deline Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-08 | 06:45 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

great right up man, thanks for contributing!
Old 09-02-08 | 07:02 PM
portion
Rookie

would definitely want to see this in chrome!!
good job
Old 09-03-08 | 03:27 AM
trill2go
Pole Position

Originally Posted by product.sc
i wanna see them with chrome fittings not black. and it seems a but blurred, the lense, arent they?
yeah =/. that's the only part of this mod that i'm not really diggin'

i really wish there was an aftermarket vendor that would just make a clear lens headlight housing replacement for us. there's a couple on ebay, but they feel it necessary to throw a bunch of random unnecessary LED's in there and just copmletely ruin any appeal they had left for their product.

props for doing something different and having the cajones to sand those lines away (like people have said, i never htought it would have been that easy).

personally not something i wanna do, i've done the whole taking apart headlight housings for painting/clearing and man, justthinking about the subsequent fogging gets me frustrated lol.
Old 09-03-08 | 07:44 AM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

these lights arent really deisgned to be delined but some look pretty good! but i think ill just deline my headlights on the center part like so
Attached Thumbnails How to Deline Headlights-cusltz_delined.jpg  
Old 12-30-08 | 10:16 PM
slowsc
Driver

im liking both styles. does the delining help with the "cutoff line"?
Old 12-31-08 | 02:39 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by slowsc
im liking both styles. does the delining help with the "cutoff line"?
to be honest not really, but maybe I'm just too picky
Old 12-31-08 | 04:10 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Originally Posted by trill2go
yeah =/. that's the only part of this mod that i'm not really diggin'

i really wish there was an aftermarket vendor that would just make a clear lens headlight housing replacement for us. there's a couple on ebay, but they feel it necessary to throw a bunch of random unnecessary LED's in there and just copmletely ruin any appeal they had left for their product.

props for doing something different and having the cajones to sand those lines away (like people have said, i never htought it would have been that easy).

personally not something i wanna do, i've done the whole taking apart headlight housings for painting/clearing and man, justthinking about the subsequent fogging gets me frustrated lol.
well our CL vendor 'top hat' is working on that...but if you wnat them right now there the ultra-expensive JDM Super Made brand...i think there are a couple pics of them if you search it up. They look very sharp
Old 01-02-09 | 02:16 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

I'm thinking about doing something like this but would like to put a clear coat on my lenses, inside and out. I did this with my Acura and depending on your skill with a spray can it can look very good. My only concern is the heat rating of the paint if I put the clear coat on and then have to heat them back up to open them again in the future. Has anyone clear coated their lenses and had to heat them up again?

I'm thinking of using something like this:
http://www.krylon.com/products/uvresistant_clear/
Old 01-02-09 | 04:01 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

i wonder what the heat temperature rating for that is though..do u have any pix of a before and after with ur acura? id like to see how that turned out. i know they do have some clear coat paints that do withstand lots of heat
Old 01-02-09 | 04:06 PM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

nice job dude!! u need to drop it asap like ur sig lol. still looks a little cloudy though, is it suppose to be like that?
Old 01-02-09 | 06:23 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
i wonder what the heat temperature rating for that is though..do u have any pix of a before and after with ur acura? id like to see how that turned out. i know they do have some clear coat paints that do withstand lots of heat
No pics of the Acura. I didn't do the inside of them, just the outside and it still looked good. I'm sure it would hold up to the heat of the headlight, i just don't know if i'd be able to put them in the oven and bake to get them apart again if o needed to.

Those of you who have used a heat gun to get the headlights apart: how much hotter than a hair dryer is a heat gun? In the event i do put the clear coat on and don't want to bake them, i don't really wanna go buy more tools. I'm running out of room for the tools i have now.
Old 02-21-09 | 04:12 PM
wald.sc400
BANNED for ripping off other members

i purchased some delined headlights on my previous sc...looks awesome...not at all a fan of lined healights...yucck
Old 02-21-09 | 04:45 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

I am in the process of delining just were the beam passes through the lense, and you can make that lense crystal clear again, you just need plasticX and an orbital buffer, and ALOT of time.
Old 07-03-10 | 04:22 AM
edinlexv8
Driver

Another great thread from you with all the required info to do this project .... bump to the top ...
Old 11-06-10 | 10:24 AM
Track5tar
Pit Crew

yes very nice job explaining step by step.

Quick Reply: How to Deline Headlights