SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Clear side markers

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-01, 10:58 AM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ikon

I will take more pics this evening when I get home and post them. Yeah I was a little scared about destroying the originals but one of mine had a crack on the orange lense so I figured what the hell. But honestly getting the light out of the bumper was probably the biggest headache. On the cracked one I didnt even bother using a heat gun but actually just carfully broke the damaged lense of the housing using pliars.

Taka

Thanks for shrinking the pic and attaching it, as evident im not to good with these. My SC is a 93 and thanks I like how it looks and the white also. It took me forever to find a pearl white with low mileage.
Old 12-14-01, 11:06 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

See ya later...

Hey, explain how to take out the side markers too ......

I'm trying to avoid asking it later...

Ikon
Old 12-14-01, 11:09 AM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Taka,

Sorry I missed your question

Is it that simple?? :P Do I need any relay or anything to wire with? any problem at all?
It was real simple I just tapped into the wires for the parking light that goes next to the headlights, then extended the wires down and attached them to the cornering lights. I just cut about 4 inches above the harness on the cornering lights. Its also easy to figure which wires go together since the each set have a black striped wire for the neg.
Old 12-14-01, 11:24 AM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Hey, explain how to take out the side markers too ......
The easiest way to get to both the sidemarkers and the cornering lights is to remove the bottom section plastic lining in the front wheel well. This piece streches up to the front bumper and is held on by about 4 or 5 bolts in the wheel well and about 4 more under the front section of the car. I just kind of felt around and removed all the bolts I could find. Once you have loosened up the platic ( I didnt want to come of the car but I might have missed some bolts) it slides down enough and you can reach throught the opening in the wheel well and the sidemarker is held on by 2 10mm bolts from behind. I would stongly reccomend you remove the wheel when doing all of this due to lack of clearence. Since I was already in there I also decided to change out all the bulbs(driving, sidemarker and the bottom lights) to hyperwhite HID type bulbs. It really makes front end alot brighter and having the cornering lights on all the time actually improves visibility more than I thought.
Old 12-14-01, 12:28 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by SCream 400
taka

It was pretty easy. The hardest part was getting the orange lenses off without damaging the housing. I used a heat gun and slowly seperated the lense from the housing. Then using the housing as a guide I cut out the new lense out of the plastic sheet with the dremel and put the whole thing together with clear silicone. The edges dont look to hot but since it inserts into the bumper and the area where the lense and housing are put together is not visible you cant tell.
So where did you get the clear lens material?
Old 12-14-01, 12:36 PM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

So where did you get the clear lens material?
At Home Depot, its the plastic sheets for the in ceiling fluorecent light fixtures. They actually have a couple different designs. the honeycomb one I got looked closest to a car lens.
Old 12-14-01, 04:24 PM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Ikon

Here are more pics. It gets dark here so early I barely got these two shots. If you have any other questions pls let me know. Im gonnna be back from Breckenridge on Sunday and can take some day shots if needed.
Attached Thumbnails Clear side markers-lcsm2.jpg  
Old 12-14-01, 04:25 PM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Attached Thumbnails Clear side markers-crsm2.jpg  
Old 12-14-01, 06:02 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Thanks SCream... I am going to tackle this lil' project . I am going to contact "Banking" to see if I can buy the side lights off of his wrecked SC that he is parting out.. I will like to have an extra set in case I mess them up or the are cheesy looking in the flesh...

They look damn good on the monitor!!! I must give you props on this mod.

If anyone need parts contact "Banking", he has a SC400(I think it is a 92' - 96 model)...
Old 12-15-01, 02:32 AM
banking
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ikon- Re: Parting out SC400

Ikon,

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Van

Originally posted by The Ikon
Thanks SCream... I am going to tackle this lil' project . I am going to contact "Banking" to see if I can buy the side lights off of his wrecked SC that he is parting out.. I will like to have an extra set in case I mess them up or the are cheesy looking in the flesh...

They look damn good on the monitor!!! I must give you props on this mod.

If anyone need parts contact "Banking", he has a SC400(I think it is a 92' - 96 model)...
Old 12-17-01, 09:42 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Unhappy SCream

No more info or pics?
Old 12-17-01, 09:58 AM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

The Ikon
No more info or pics?
Sorry didnt get back early enough.
Let me know what particular pics or info you would like and I can take them this afternoon.
Old 12-23-01, 10:52 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Arrow

Could you take a few more pics in the day? Upclose at all angles in the light?

Also on the cornering light conversion to "fog lights" did you use the 'Hyper white' 1156 or did you change out the entire bulb socket? There was an old thread with a member putting H3(I think) type of bulbs in the cornering light housing. I forgot how he angle them in there to keep out condensation...
Old 12-24-01, 08:05 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up looks great!

Wow, that is nice. Please post pics, I'd love to see others with this mod. I am making a list of stuff for when it gets warm again (or I start heating the garage).
Old 12-24-01, 11:16 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corner lights?

hey SCream, are you corner lights still pointed off to the sides? i was looking into rewiring my corner lights to be fogs without having to purchase any new ones. but if it comes down to it, i geuss i might have to

Quick Reply: Clear side markers