SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

38 HORSEPOWER AND MORE TO COME!!! Dyno sheet attached...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-01, 09:36 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
SC400 makes 180 rwhp stock? You're kidding me, right? My car made 177 rwhp stock. I have an SC300.
That's my question as well... I'm still thinking the SC4 should put down at "least" 190 rwhp for the stock 250/260 hp model years...

Max did you ever have Leo answer my question about the baseline dyno after the tune-up and before the ecu upgrade?

It would be great if Leo would come and address this forum. As soon as you can let us know.
Old 12-14-01, 10:41 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SC300 should be putting out around 175-180ft-lbs stock

definitely less than the SC4, but not 160

glad to see that you guys are gaining that missing hp
Old 12-14-01, 10:45 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Bean
The SC300 should be putting out around 175-180ft-lbs stock

definitely less than the SC4, but not 160

glad to see that you guys are gaining that missing hp
My jade green SC300 stock:

~177 rwhp
~181 rwtq

Yes, stock baby!
Old 12-14-01, 10:48 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by HKG HARRIER
Oh and about the baseline dyno.. I duno when Mad MAx Put in the Wires and Plugs.. And also every car has different power output.. I have seen very different dyno results from same kinda cars.. it's all in the use of the car and how it is being used..

It also is how the dyno's are.. What the important thing is here is the difference it made..
It is a BIG difference that you guys made!!! Glad it worked out... But an good base line could help sell the ecu upgrade with more accurate HP gains... There is no way a 400 dynos the same as a 300.. It had to be the tune up... A member here DirectQL had his SC3 dynoed and at first it was like 150 or so rwhp but a complete tune up bumped the it up to 177rwhp...

Max chart states 38 more rwhp... It could be easily since he does(as I do) have an OBD I ecu set up vs the OBD II... However it could also be 25 - 28 rwhp. Not that 25 rwhp is not great, but 38 is superb from one upgrade on a normally aspirated car that is not a Mustang.

What output do you expect on the ODB II 4.0 liter Lexus? Are you all working on an affordable(say $5 - 600) torque converter too?

Last edited by The Ikon; 12-14-01 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-14-01, 11:03 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Thanks for clearing that up.

Is there a TC in the future?

On the next 92' - 97' SC4 or LS4 run a base dyno of a good tuned car... Also can the piggy back be taken of in case of a trip to the dealer for some warranty work ?
Old 12-14-01, 12:07 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by HKG HARRIER
No TC but .. I can offer the Bypass Plug if you need it.. for those of you that want to take it to the dealer..

The Airbox should be done soon..
Also i just finished the final Programming stages to finalize the Program put into Mad's car.. So their available now..
Do you work for Weopon R or something? If so, what products do you guys have for SC300?
Old 12-14-01, 12:24 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

I noticed on your website a GS300 got 179.9 rwhp (very close to what DirectQL got in his automatic SC3)

***http://www.weapon-r.com/lex3dyno.shtml.

So is it safe to assume that 92 - 97' SC4 RWHP should be around 195 - 200 rwhp?

When are you going to post the SC4 results on your site?

Max, I'll think twice about that M3 if I was you... Oh hell, at least give it a try... Can not wait for the exhaust dyno results later... When are you going to get some 0-60 and 1/4 times?

Have the moderator to move your thread to the engine transmission forum... It does not need to get lost here.. This info needs to stay accessible to all...

Last edited by The Ikon; 12-14-01 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-14-01, 12:31 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by The Ikon
I noticed on your website a GS300 got 179.9 rwhp (very close to what DirectQL got in his SC3)

***http://www.weapon-r.com/lex3dyno.shtml.

So is it safe to assume that 92 - 97' SC4 RWHP should be around 195 - 200 rwhp?

When are you going to post the SC4 results on your site?

Max, I'll think twice about that M3 if I was you... Oh hell, at least give it a try... Can not wait for the exhaust dyno results later... When are you going to get some 0-60 and 1/4 times?
M3? I like the way the car looks like, but I don't see much aftermarket possabilities. I think M3 is pretty much a myth, it doesn't have much power and it's quick. Quick is not the same as fast. M3's quickness lies in perfectly adjusted gearing. That's all. I would much rether take my chances on a muscle platform like the SC or Supra.
Old 12-14-01, 12:38 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
M3? I like the way the car looks like, but I don't see much aftermarket possabilities. I think M3 is pretty much a myth, it doesn't have much power and it's quick. Quick is not the same as fast. M3's quickness lies in perfectly adjusted gearing. That's all. I would much rether take my chances on a muscle platform like the SC or Supra.
:eek: What!? A M3 is a 13.4 - 13.7 1/4 mile car... That is fast not quick

As for after market BMW, Porsche, Audi have more products that have been tested and proven than we do... An exhaust, header, clutch and Dinan chip will put a M3 at 12.9 et.

Plus it out handles any Supra and our SC does not stand a chance... stock to stock...

I'll still try one if I had the correct mods just to see what the old SC could do...
Old 12-14-01, 01:24 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by The Ikon
:eek: What!? A M3 is a 13.4 - 13.7 1/4 mile car... That is fast not quick

As for after market BMW, Porsche, Audi have more products that have been tested and proven than we do... An exhaust, header, clutch and Dinan chip will put a M3 at 12.9 et.

Plus it out handles any Supra and our SC does not stand a chance... stock to stock...

I'll still try one if I had the correct mods just to see what the old SC could do...
Wanna bet? Look at a dyno of an M3 and tell me it's a powerful car. In my opinion it's a wimpy little car very much alike a Honda S2000. Exchaust, headers, clutch, chips, all that stuff, you can get for your car in Japan. There is a reason why the new M3 was made to have more power, and there is a reason why they're redesigning the engine... again. Sure you can turbo the M3, but the engine doesn't not handle the boost very well and unfortunetly it ruins the great handling of the car. Too much power can be bad thing. Just as the Integra Type R was made perfectly ballanced out stock so is the M3. Anything beyon stock is not too good on these cars.
Old 12-14-01, 04:01 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

VERY good NEWS!!!

HOW MUCH???

Tuneable?

Will it work on LS400s?

As for the argument about the 4.0 vs the 3.0 power output. Power is calculated by torque times rpm / 5252. Mid range torque yields a much "crisper" running car. Lexus tuned the 400 to offer EXTREMELY smooth performance. The 300 is more "sporty". Automatic transmission cars "eat" between 60 and 70hp. I am guessing that Lexus underrated the 300 power wise so as NOT to be competitive with the MORE expensive (and refined) 400. The real output of the 300s is probably 240-250 at the engine. NOW, if you "tweak" the 400... bigger engine can make MORE power. Either way, both cars loose power in the drivetrain and the dyno DON'T lie. Most 250hp 400s make 180hp at the wheels.
Old 12-14-01, 04:01 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, DlrEctQL, the M3's chassis is over-engineered, as it has always been. As much as I would like to think that my SC had a chance (stock for stock), Ikon is correct. These are very strong cars stock, and they respond well to mods, I just don't happen to have a taste for Bavarian.
Old 12-14-01, 04:10 PM
rboorgu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to douse everyone's enthusiasm, but looking closely at the data, the pre run shows max hp of 207. This is obviously a lot more than the previous run of 183. The chip upgrade only took it from 207 to 224. This is a 17 hp increase. Where did the remiander of the increase come from?? I am still very enthusiastic. How much is this going to cost??
Old 12-14-01, 05:39 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

That wasn't the pre run.. this dyno machine doesn't have the quality of software the other one does, it just spits out a set of results after each run, and these were the last two. The DSR run is the pre-ECU run you'll want to compare it to.
Old 12-14-01, 08:53 PM
XX400
Rookie

Thumbs up

The Ecu upgrade looks great so far, these cars could use a ton of timing advance. Does this bybass or eliminate the self learn mode ? Also since you have the accesibility, have you ever considered a water/alcohol injection set up which would allow you to advance the timing further and gain even more power.

Quick Reply: 38 HORSEPOWER AND MORE TO COME!!! Dyno sheet attached...