SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

38 HORSEPOWER AND MORE TO COME!!! Dyno sheet attached...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-01, 08:53 PM
rboorgu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stand corrected. Now I am just in awe!!. My car has a rwhp of around 195 with a free flow exhaust. If the upgrade can add that kind of power, I think we should set our target rwhp at

250 RWHP!!

I think this is apparently attainable with good intake, ecu, and exhaust. Maybe even some cam gear tuning if needed.

Raj
Old 12-14-01, 09:08 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

My exhaust is a bit too free flowing after this afternoon it's loud as hell... I need resonators put back in the mix- made even more power though. I'm into the lower 6's to 60 with a good launch.. can't wait for Sears Point to open again so I can drag the thing on the track. We'll get a final dyno at DSR on Tuesday or so.. Leo wants to do my car and then get to work on someone's GS430 in the same day.
Old 12-14-01, 11:33 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want one now,if it will work for a 90-94 LS400,but i know its the same engine and all,but will it work in the LS?
Old 12-14-01, 11:36 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, it'll work. Same motor, ECU, everything.
Old 12-14-01, 11:40 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Thanks for clearifying that for me Max,I'll just wait for the release date and pick one up. Finally something for the 1uz-fe!

You guys keep up the good work at Weapon-r
Old 12-14-01, 11:53 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Tweakity tweak edogg, you got more add-on mods than I do! I appreciate the support, I've been hoping that Leo could make some sales off this given how much work he's put into understanding the car's ECU. You're in Walnut Creek I see.. I'm up in Marin County here- WR is in South SF. I still can't believe what we got out of the engine.. when all is said and done I'm gonna be 50+ hp over stock.. that's near supercharger gains for less than half the cost. When I stomp on it the car just goes and goes, I bet I get low 14's in the 1/4 mile now, I can't wait for Wednesday Night Drag season to start at Sears Point.
Old 12-15-01, 12:00 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Well acutally its Walnut in the Los Angeles area,but believe me if i was up north i would drop by.All my mods are for show,but im starting to get into the go part now.I want this intake for now unitl i can get a 2jzgte swap.

good luck at Sears Point!
Old 12-15-01, 03:30 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am also interested. what is the cost of it? Also there is some more info I would need:
Is groupbuy an option, will it work with supercharger, what kind of gains am I looking at with intake and exhaust? This is unbelievable. Good things are starting to happen for our beloved motor

Thx guys.
Old 12-15-01, 09:04 AM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Is weapon R selling it a combo of intake / chip?
Also any price speculations yet?
And lastly would it work with aftermarket torque convertors?

Jason
Old 12-15-01, 09:55 AM
matt7184
Pole Position

As everyone else asked how much?

Plus, will weapon R personally customize it if we have certain mods (ex: X-Pipe, filter, cam gears, etc)?

Are there cam gears for the 1UZ?
Old 12-15-01, 10:07 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by matt7184
As everyone else asked how much?

Plus, will weapon R personally customize it if we have certain mods (ex: X-Pipe, filter, cam gears, etc)?

Are there cam gears for the 1UZ?
Don't cam gears adjust the timeing? Why would you get them if the ECU upgrade does it for you?
Old 12-15-01, 10:38 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Don't cam gears adjust the timeing? Why would you get them if the ECU upgrade does it for you?
Cam gears allow ajustment of cam timing. This is a different thing than ignition timing. Cam timing is WHEN the valves open and close relative to crankshaft position. Ignition timing is WHEN the spark is lit, and the burning begins on the power stroke. BOTH are important aspects. The only engines that the ECU controls cam timing are V Vi engines (98 and up).
Old 12-15-01, 11:47 AM
abutler696
Lead Lap

That chip has some pretty impressive results. I'm mainly jealous of the top speed limiter being raised.......but then again not getting it will probably save my life for that very reason. But anyways.......I'm planning on gettting an Apexi S-AFC right after I get or make a cold air intake for my car this week. THen I'll have fuel mapping set for only $300 more and will be able to change it around for future mods such as Nitrous or whatever I need it for. I just need someone to tune the SAFC for me.
Old 12-15-01, 01:04 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

I think it will be sold as an intake and ecu combo. Price, I'm guessing will be over $1000.. the twin chip ain't cheap. The intake from WR is awesome, but if you already have something that's really good I am guessing that you can get the ECU separately. Keep in mind that the tuning will be for a super high flow intake - larger pipe, foam filter. We're even going to see if we can have my MAF replaced to get more air into the engine. IF you live in the Bay Area, or Leo can get his hands on a car that has a similar setup (like a supercharger) then he can tune it and upload the correct map into the chip.
I'd actually recommend an aftermarket Torque Convertor, because with this much power I can tell that it'd make a difference.
Old 12-15-01, 01:10 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by retrodrive
I am also interested. what is the cost of it? Also there is some more info I would need:
Is groupbuy an option, will it work with supercharger, what kind of gains am I looking at with intake and exhaust? This is unbelievable. Good things are starting to happen for our beloved motor

Thx guys.
From stock, if you put in the map we make next week (taking into account a performance exhaust and high flow intake) you're looking at about a 50-60 hp boost. Those are insane numbers, but let me tell you it's very do-able. Also, the transmission shift points are improved somewhat, the car shifts significantly faster. It's like power-shifting a manual, you get that huge surge every time it changes gears.

Quick Reply: 38 HORSEPOWER AND MORE TO COME!!! Dyno sheet attached...