SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

38 HORSEPOWER AND MORE TO COME!!! Dyno sheet attached...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-01, 08:24 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leo told me it will sell for $1000......yeah I called him....and I talk to him online
Old 12-16-01, 08:42 PM
XX400
Rookie

Does this bybass or eliminate the self learn mode ? Also since you have the accesibility, have you ever considered a water/alcohol injection set up which would allow you to advance the timing further and gain even more power.
Old 12-16-01, 08:47 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Cool Adam, I just talked to him about it. Finally a price, heh...
XX400: I'd rather port n polish the thing.. more power can be had with that, or timing gear changes.. hell, we can get more power by having a larger MAF adapter made for the wacked out MAF sensor they put in the thing. This is just the beginning...
If you guys want info, or want to order this, it should be available week after next. Talk to WR, www.weapon-r.com all their info is there and leo's on AIM as WEAPONRUSA.
Old 12-16-01, 09:06 PM
tacshose
Rookie

Does the $1000 include the intake?
Old 12-16-01, 09:14 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

nope, just the chip...intake is $300 more without the MAF adapter though
Old 12-16-01, 09:25 PM
rboorgu
Rookie

Can this setup be removed if needed, such as to resell it before selling a car??

Raj
Old 12-17-01, 12:48 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Without the MAF adapter? I'll have to see about that... it's not much use without the aoapter. If you keep all your old parts you can re-install everything. No cutting required.
For a long time I was thinking that I'd buy a Supra or something because I couldn't get any power out of my car... I don't think I'll ever sell it now, I just can't see myself finding anything that's quite as well rounded as a well tuned Lexus SC400. I set out on a dealer's lot one day a year and a half ago to do it, and I think I've done it
Old 12-17-01, 09:55 AM
tacshose
Rookie

Thats what i thought to about the MAF adapter. Well please let us know when you talk to Leo and find out what it includes, etc. thanks
Old 12-17-01, 09:58 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by MadMaxSC400
hell, we can get more power by having a larger MAF adapter made for the wacked out MAF sensor they put in the thing. This is just the beginning...
I actually have a larger maf adapter custom made, but I want a regular adapter. Truly I don't think a larger one is going to make a difference IF the it is with a filter/adapter and maybe an heat shield only?

As for your last statement, A SC4 is a well rounded strong running sports coupe bar non.... I agree totally...
Old 12-17-01, 10:50 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

This next upgrade won't come for a few weeks yet, I have to let the wallet rest for a while. According to Leo we're looking at another 15-25 hp by upgrading this. A 250+ rwhp SC400.. imagine a car that actually lives up to its rating! I personally think they should rework the system so they have to report the HP at the tires when they sell a car, it'd make shopping for one a lot easier!
Old 12-18-01, 01:54 AM
808state
Driver

more questions which may be trivial...

1) even though you state some wires will need to be "tapped," is it really "tapped" or will the piggy back ecu be inline between the stock ecu and the rest of the car? if it is inline and not tapped, then is it possible for weapon-r to make this a truely plug and play for an optional additional price?

2) does the piggyback ecu have enough logic in it to optimize it's signals depending on intake or exhaust automatically? if not, is the piggy back ecu tunable to the extent that we can tune it accordingly?

3) what is the next stage of development? more piggy back ecu tweaking?
Old 12-18-01, 10:29 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by HKG HARRIER
Next stages of Upgrades.. That's a Secret until we finalize that stage.. You guys wanted power and here it is..
Yes... err... the secret nuclear fuel cell upgrade...
Bolt-on (or solder-on) power.

808state - if you can't tap wires you shouldn't be trying to do work on your car
Old 12-18-01, 02:42 PM
808state
Driver

uhhh max, don't take this the hard way but since i do work on stereos and have a fcc license, i think you can tap my *ss!

but on a serious note, on my last post, what i was suggesting was that a harness with 3 plugs be made. one plugs into the ecu, another into the piggy back ecus, and the other back into stock wiring to the car. now the wires from the piggy back ecu would be tapped into all the wires (or some) between the ecu and the cars wiring. inside of your piggy back ecu, weapon would just connect to whatever wires it needs to connect to. this was just a suggestion and not a demand...shezzz! weapon could be the one making money off of this idea should it prove to be feasible, not me! also, i'm sure 90% of the people out there would buy this harness adapter instead of tapping wires themselves especially if weapon wants to mass market this product to a wider audience then just clublexus members. i'm sure weapon is trying to get this to a large enough demographic to offset any r&d, distribution, advertisment, labor, and supply costs.

now if there are just a handful of wires to tap, then, yes, it would not be cost effective. but weapon's picture of the intercrew ecu on the website, it looks as though there are 15+ wires to connect. in addition, if the ecu for the sc3 and sc4 have the same plugs, then i'm sure there is a distributor out there already since aem is coming out with their ecu.

btw, my question about the "tuneable" ecu wasn't answered. can the customer "tune" the ecu to optimize more according to what they have on their car or does "tuneable" mean only weapon tunes it and the computer picks which map to follow.

..just some trivial questions..no more no less..
Old 12-18-01, 03:06 PM
808state
Driver

thanks for the reply... and yes, proper performance tuning should be left to the pros.
Old 12-18-01, 05:19 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

The wiring harness is huge on the car.. 808 if you do stereos you could probably make one but it'd take you a while, heh. I hate to see this idea die, but I sure got my money's worth, and I actually want to keep my car now- I'm glad it got this far. Remember Leo, I said from the start that I'd do the upgrade regardless of whether it became a product, so thanks for coming through on it, we got twice what I hoped for

Quick Reply: 38 HORSEPOWER AND MORE TO COME!!! Dyno sheet attached...