SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

38 HORSEPOWER AND MORE TO COME!!! Dyno sheet attached...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-01, 07:34 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys.......I know this isn't %100 accurate but its supposed to be 99%....seriously...anways......I did a gtech dyno run tonight with my car. I set my weight at 4060 lbs. That is considering the curb weight on my car is 3866+ my weight+a 30 lb bookbag. I ended up with a peak of 206 rwhp. Now all I have is my borla and the ECU chip. For those of you that don't believe in the gtech...then ignore this post....don't give a negative response please....I'm only posting for those who know how accurate the gtech is. Anyways...I will test it some more tommorow. I only did two runs tonight. I will test it also with The Ikon's car and Trudremz's stock car. Later, Adam
Old 12-20-01, 01:50 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

That sounds pretty reasonable, I mean the math is good with the Gtechs and you took care to give the right weight. Sounds pretty good, you're at least over 200 hp! Originally I was disappointed with the output of the motor... I figured that I'd be happy getting it out of that hole the thing was in (I mean under 200 hp? blech).
Old 12-20-01, 07:59 PM
whosdady
Rookie

Default Hmmm?

That price seems much more resonable. I will give you a call tomorrow
Old 12-20-01, 08:04 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

madmax....u've reached over 100 posts!!. congrats...hehe
Old 12-21-01, 12:32 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Keep this monstrosity alive! rar!
Now wheelspin is really pissing me the ****** off.. especially in the rain here, I'll be in 3rd, floor it, it kicks to 2nd and whizzzzzz the tires are spinning like mad... off the line, even shifting into 3rd.. I need a set of tires that can grip in the rain, these michelin pilots ain't it!
Old 12-21-01, 07:22 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Max, the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 provides excellent wet weather traction, and I had a set up to 137mph and they were still (relatively) stable. These are the same carcass as the Kumho Victoracer V700, and Pro Solo guys swear by those. They are also incredibly inexpensive, and provide nice off-the-line traction. The Michelin Pilot MXXV will certainly outhandle it at the limit, but everything is a trade-off I guess.
Old 12-22-01, 01:46 AM
RacingAristo

I just check the computer price @ lexussc400.com and compare with WR's one. $850 for WR ECU is a really sweet deal for the ECU that can release the real potential of the engine. I know it's irrelavent but I will personally check with a fellow CL member who has the WR intake/ECU on his GS either today or next year (haha, Jan 2nd or something). He is planning to do the dyno during this holiday season. No more butt-o-meter or butt-dyno. The dyno will tell if this is the real deal or not. As much as I trust my friend who did chose WR ECU and claimed a greater performance over SRT, I trust Leo for his product.
Old 12-22-01, 04:06 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

if you're talking about Y2KGS his dyno charts are already on WR's site. Mine are at the beginning of this post.
Old 12-22-01, 05:28 PM
smooth8
Driver

Default *IMPORTANT: ECU, CLEARING THINGS UP

I am back to talk about the ECU for the V8 to set all you straight!

We have been busy trying to get some other parts made for for the SC's, therefore not having been on the forum to explain in detail what our ECU offers.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please understand that we are not here to talk bad about any company/ or competitor, even though some people have been taking cheap shots at us. We are here to clear the air and provide clear and accurate data about the products that we provide. NO TRICKS OVER HERE....WE PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH WITH CONFIDENCE!!

LSC400.com ECU:
Our ECU is the only one of it's kind done in the U.S. for the 1UZFE not 1ZUFE as stated in weapon-r's dyno sheets.
Since everyone is talking about the piggy back system Leo @ weapon-r is making, we can compare ours to that for you.

Our ECU is not made for Japan, it is simply a program written by a Japanese programmer with over 20 years experience in programming mild to wild ECU's. He also programs for 250 different dealers many of which you know. We can't mention who he programs for because the companies are so large. Major companies at the top.

He and his team worked over 3 weeks to produce this ignition program that adds real world results. He has done this to over 50 of the SC400's V8 motors here and in Japan.
I have personally spent over 3 months convincing him to offer us his services. Our programmers are teaming up with Area 51, to program for a super charger application for our car. We already have a ecu program for those who would like to "Juice/ Squeeze".
It will be available at a reasonable price, and this is no B.S. like some other companies like to put out. We don't string people along! LexusSC400.com are True enthusiasts for the True enthusiasts!!!!!! We only run/ promote products that we have ourselves..

Back to the ECU v.s. Piggy Back (oink)

Our programmer can sell you a piggy back system tuned for less than anyone else if you like.

A piggy back system is restrictive in the fact that you are limited to only one program setting. For example: if you want to run NOS, you need to tune for that. Your everyday driving will be worse than stock because you need to retard the timing for the forced induction.

Our ECU is plug and play. We program the actual computer chip and not try to trick the signals on the way in and out. With piggy back systems you have to splice the harness and tap into wires. This leaves alot of room for error. If one of your connections becomes loose or grounded, your car will be inoperable and possibly fry the computer.

On piggy back systems and our ECU you can tune the Air/Fuel ratio and remove the top speed limiters if you like. This is done on the other side of the computer (go here) http://www.lexussc400.com/lexussc400/computerpics.htm
Changing the Air/Fuel ratio has not proven to produce major horsepower gains and is not worth the money.

If you need to reprogram our ECU it will cost considerably less after the first mod. After that, your chip is easily removable.

We can setup two programs, one with a safe but aggressive timing program, and one with the stock program. If you want to smog your car or just run stock settings, you just connect the two wires coming out of the computer.

Real world results can be found by talking to one of our 9 customers on the ECU in the last month.

Adam Butler ran 15.9 E.T.'s without our ECU upgrade.
HE RAN 15.0 WITH OUR ECU UPGRADE.
Our ECU causes the car to shift at a higher rpm as well.

HellasBoy also has the upgrade and LexLuther is on order.

We are offering these ECU upgrades at $899 with single program
and $1099 with the dual programs.

We are providing a safe upgrade which will not effect your driveablility and only enhance your performance to its fullest potential.

Please send inquiries to info@lexussc400.com
We are very busy with upgrades and need to schedule yours in so please arrange with us.
WE GUARANTEE SAME DAY SERVICE!

Please visit our revamped site that loads much quicker.
http://www.lexussc400.com

We have MAF adapters from HKS in stock.

Once again, sorry for not keeping you guys up to date.
I'd also like to take the time to introduce Chad as our New Sales Manager and you can reach him at:
salesteam@lexussc400.com

When you buy from us, your money is going towards making new performance products available for the SC, not the GS or IS!

Smooth8
LexusSC400.com
Building a better SC together one mod at a time.
Old 12-22-01, 09:54 PM
RacingAristo

not the GS, IS huh?
Old 12-22-01, 10:30 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Smooth8- that was a typo on the dyno sheet. I can't believe you'd say that like my motor's Japan spec or something, THERE IS NO 1ZUFE. Also note that the guy wrote Toyota 4000 on it on accident. You have no dyno sheet. I would have bought your chip, but there wasn't a dyno sheet, and it didn't have as many possibilities as the WR ecu. Also, changing air/fuel is a proven way to change HP numbers, that's why they sell the Apex'i SAFC. That's what it's for. If you ask anyone who knows about the engine they'll tell you that the stock ECU is very conservative on the mixture.
I'll take my car to the track when it opens in March, but comparing track times is iffy because there's so many variables involved. With a dyno, you can do it the same way, and get predictable results... you can even do the math for temperature differences if a dyno run is done on different days to get a good result.

Last edited by MadMaxSC400; 12-22-01 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-23-01, 10:48 AM
smooth8
Driver

Default max

Hey Max,
long time no talk?

Maybe you can come down sometime soon so we can check out your ECU setup.

We are not trying to knock your system at all.
We are just defending ours. It seems that alot of the posts were not representing our ECU setup correctly.

We are here only to benefit the SC and SC owners. That is the purpose of our business. Let's work together to make more things available.

Take care and talk to you soon,
Smooth8
Old 12-23-01, 01:13 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

You got my new email right? I sent it to your workz account. I want to see a tuner shop tune a motor with your upgrade and an Apex'i SAFC.. I'm thinking that the result would be very similar to what we got. My routine life is kind of coming to an end, job and all that.. so I'm probably going to do some traveling, I'll let you know.
Old 12-24-01, 12:32 AM
smooth8
Driver

Default max

cool!
Old 12-25-01, 12:34 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

get on aim so we can set up a time to finish my car!

Quick Reply: 38 HORSEPOWER AND MORE TO COME!!! Dyno sheet attached...