SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Head lights!! (Rare Design)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-07, 09:32 AM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just wondering.. where do u get this blue film??
Old 06-21-07, 07:01 PM
TRDRacer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personaly If I were going to deline I would do the whole thing including the turn signal cause it looks funky!! But when I get a chance I am going to retro the Acura TSX Projectors, paint the housing black and deline just infront of the projector! And for the rear light I am going to paint the orange turn siganl red and Make some Clear Reverse lenses to replace the OEM Yellow one and buy those OEM looking Clear side markers from Ebay that the guy makes!

This is going to be my perfect lighting setup for the Lex!!
Old 06-21-07, 08:05 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDRacer
Personaly If I were going to deline I would do the whole thing including the turn signal cause it looks funky!! But when I get a chance I am going to retro the Acura TSX Projectors, paint the housing black and deline just infront of the projector! And for the rear light I am going to paint the orange turn siganl red and Make some Clear Reverse lenses to replace the OEM Yellow one and buy those OEM looking Clear side markers from Ebay that the guy makes!

You must have a lot of money... or that determined
Old 06-21-07, 08:06 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fwynn
just wondering.. where do u get this blue film??
Search... and you can find it i promise. Try automotive stores or online...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEADL...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-21-07, 10:00 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Straight up GHETTO.....
Old 06-21-07, 11:17 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

i like the look of the delined headlights..which is why im doing mine..but not the whole thing mind you..because i like the lines in the turn signal area..that area wouldnt look so great delined..but the projector area is a clean look..and what do you mean it makes the car look cheap? having delined headlights make the car look cheap? so what do you say about the newer cars..and the newer lexus'? do those look cheap because they're delined? and besides..isnt that what we're aiming for? something unique and different? if all sc's looked the same..then how would that be unique? there needs to be some people who would step out of the box...mind you people may do things that others may or may not like..but then they've accomplished something..being unique..being unique is how people start new trends
Old 06-22-07, 05:20 AM
SuperCoupe400
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRDRacer
...And for the rear light I am going to paint the orange turn siganl red and Make some Clear Reverse lenses to replace the OEM Yellow one and buy those OEM looking Clear side markers from Ebay that the guy makes!

Now, the clear sidemarkers I can get with. That's a clean look for sure. I'll be doing mine someday too.

But making the yellow blinkers red? Granted, your SC will stand out from other SCs, but it would then all of a sudden blend right in with all the other domestics (and some imports) around you that still haven't come out of the dark ages when red was the only choice for a turn signal.

IMHO, a turn signal should NEVER be the same color as the brake lights - it just creates too many chances to mis-interpret upon a split-seconds notice (especially since in so many high-traffic situations it's only a split second you have to glance over and see what the car next to you is trying to do before they do it). Which begs the question, why do car makers even keep doing that? If you were to apply the logic behind that decision uniformly, we'd have front blinkers that light up the same color (and intensity) as the headlights. ...May be 'unique', but how functional would they be?
Old 06-22-07, 06:34 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think its cool and unique
Old 06-22-07, 07:30 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Delining only updates the light. Back in the day, those lines were used to help difuse the light better as the projectors were no up to par with what's available these days. It most likely hurts the light output, but looks much more updated. By the late '90 almost nobody had difusers on their lenses anymore. A prime example is the 3rd gen 4Runner. In '99 the headlights changed to fully delined although nothing else really changed on the truck besides some crap on the bumper. It looked way "newer" just from that simple change.
Old 06-22-07, 07:50 AM
SuperCoupe400
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kyoso23
...Back in the day, those lines were used to help difuse the light better as the projectors were no up to par with what's available these days....
Mmmmmm... I'm not quite convinced of that. Sure, all the completely enclosed light housings (like you'll find on anything pre-1988) needed lines to help direct the light rays, but the SCs lights are already directional projectors. How much more help do they need with keeping their diffuse light rays in check? Heck, I don't recall ever seeing lines on BMW lenses. They've been clear and line-less for as long as I can remember. And I don't think those were even projector lights like ours (up until about 7 years ago or so).
Old 06-22-07, 08:01 AM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I don't know why people like de-lined headlights, I think it makes them look cheap. People always seem to want to do something different to the sc without realizing the SC is different from everything ELSE. Reverse engineering this is making it not look like an SC, but simply returning it to looking like everything else.

Of course I wouldn't damn you for doing it if you like that sort of thing, but I sure don't understand reverse engineering one of the most unique rides on the planet. (primarily for it's time)
i agree with olt i think the line of the headlight looks great and agressive on the sc, i dont like it deline
Old 06-22-07, 09:08 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Dhaus
Mmmmmm... I'm not quite convinced of that. Sure, all the completely enclosed light housings (like you'll find on anything pre-1988) needed lines to help direct the light rays, but the SCs lights are already directional projectors. How much more help do they need with keeping their diffuse light rays in check? Heck, I don't recall ever seeing lines on BMW lenses. They've been clear and line-less for as long as I can remember. And I don't think those were even projector lights like ours (up until about 7 years ago or so).
I just took another hard look at mine and the lines that are in front of the actual projector are just asthetic. They continue the lines of the surrounding diffused glass so they really serve no function. I don't like the lights posted at the beginning of the thread, but I like the one's that people have polished out just in front of the projector. I don't like to see that raw plastic underneath.

Last edited by kyoso23; 06-22-07 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-22-07, 06:49 PM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

Delined infront of the projector, tsx projectors, Plug & Play hid's in the high beams, led white marker lamps, silverstar turn signals, yellow fogs, its a never ending strugle to get my car to where I want it. The sad part is, I've done so much to my lexus to make it "Mine" it would take $$$ to just get to this same point in another car.
Old 06-22-07, 08:06 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc250tt
+1 not really a fan of delined headlights because every car have it
Maybe their is a reason why cars don't have lined headlights anymore..........
Old 07-25-07, 03:16 AM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

can we please get back onto the topic/question that was asked:

"can you buy these head lights or any delined stock head lights already made?"

i'm not sure, i'm trying to deline my head light right now and it's a BIG pain in the asssss... i'd like to know as well if anyone sells these...

Quick Reply: New Head lights!! (Rare Design)