SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

NEW HEADLIGHTS!!!(blacked out the housing)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-07, 01:12 AM
dopsc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice, delining the cover lenses looks better too IMO.
Old 06-21-07, 06:38 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Drocay
I'm sorry bro, but that looks wack u should paint the whole thing right now with the two tone it reminds me of a civic.
ive never seen a civic that looks like that but ok, and i think im going to keep it like this because i think it looks good and I like it
Old 06-21-07, 06:54 AM
SCwidaGTE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this you could do but you couldn't mount a lip? haha, kidding. looks good man. you should attempt the highbeams. i dunno if its been done before but you could be a pioneer. and do people leave the corners not done because they need the reflectivness for the turn signal?
Old 06-21-07, 08:04 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SCwidaGTE
this you could do but you couldn't mount a lip? haha, kidding. looks good man. you should attempt the highbeams. i dunno if its been done before but you could be a pioneer. and do people leave the corners not done because they need the reflectivness for the turn signal?

there is a trim ring inside the highs that you can paint, but you really can't see it a whole lot from outside - all you get to see is the reflector, which, for obvious reasons, can't be painted... like this:

Old 06-21-07, 09:13 AM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to deline the lil ... line area
POLISH IT LIKE CRAZY inside and out..
also ur turn signal bulbs.. get new ones.. like the white ones.. or w.e

Old 06-21-07, 11:46 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SCwidaGTE
and do people leave the corners not done because they need the reflectivness for the turn signal?
i think thats why its not done, you can do the normal housing BC of the projector, it doesnt need to reflect off anything but the turn signal needs something to reflect off of otherwise you wouldnt see any light except coming off the bulb itself. thats also why you cant do the highbeams i think
Old 06-21-07, 12:00 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 320 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by rocessk3
i think thats why its not done, you can do the normal housing BC of the projector, it doesnt need to reflect off anything but the turn signal needs something to reflect off of otherwise you wouldnt see any light except coming off the bulb itself. thats also why you cant do the highbeams i think
correct

I painted the entire thing including turn signal and noticed a decent decrease in output of the blinker, but people can tell that its flashing so its not such a big deal. maybe I just need more blinker fluid
Old 06-21-07, 12:25 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
correct

I painted the entire thing including turn signal and noticed a decent decrease in output of the blinker, but people can tell that its flashing so its not such a big deal. maybe I just need more blinker fluid
mines pretty bright although I painted the corner marker... only thing I need to do is get some of the clear when not on lights, but amber when on - looking inside the light to see an orange light is kinda ugly... (silverstar turn signal bulbs - why I couldn't remember what they were to start, I don't know)

Last edited by mitsuguy; 06-21-07 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-21-07, 12:37 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 320 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
mines pretty bright although I painted the corner marker... only thing I need to do is get some of the clear when not on lights, but amber when on - looking inside the light to see an orange light is kinda ugly... (silverstar turn signal bulbs - why I couldn't remember what they were to start, I don't know)
I have bright yellow lights in there. The 1157 bulb was tinted yellow on the outside, and flashes a bright yellow as well, but looking straight in you can't really tell that there is a yellow bulb in there. I got them from eBay
Old 06-21-07, 12:46 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
I have bright yellow lights in there. The 1157 bulb was tinted yellow on the outside, and flashes a bright yellow as well, but looking straight in you can't really tell that there is a yellow bulb in there. I got them from eBay
heh... i hate little things like this...

I just ordered a set of the silverstar 1157's from our local sylvania outlet
Old 06-21-07, 11:37 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

looks good..i got the same paint scheme in my headlights..plus im workin on delining just the projector area..i finished one headlight and on my 2nd one

Originally Posted by LexAnt
would look better had you delined it and with clear lenses too. It was this reason why I opted to do it to a new set of headlights rather than my old cloudy ones.

hey lexant..nice car..u got anymore pix of it?
Old 06-22-07, 01:02 AM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
looks good..i got the same paint scheme in my headlights..plus im workin on delining just the projector area..i finished one headlight and on my 2nd one

hey lexant..nice car..u got anymore pix of it?
damn that actually looks good (silver car) can you post more pictures of different angles??? blinker delined would look good too (i think?)
Old 06-22-07, 06:38 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisES
Is there a way to black out the highbeams too? It looks weird when they don't match.

throw some bixenon projectors in the housing.
Old 06-22-07, 07:20 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

That looks pretty good
Old 06-23-07, 08:58 AM
Jinx2006
Driver School Candidate

There is a chrome insert in the highbeams you can take out, but the light still has chrome on it. I left that part in b/c I was worried about the effectiveness of the light output. Projectors dont need a reflector (ie: headlight housing)

Quick Reply: NEW HEADLIGHTS!!!(blacked out the housing)