SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone used a "Top Fuel POWER NEO"

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-07, 05:37 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone used a "Top Fuel POWER NEO"

Just curious to see if anyone has any experience with it. Here is a description from www.takakaira.com:

"A new Top Fuel part, POWER NEO is released: using high quality neodymium magnet power.

By using POWER NEO, the driver have at his disposal a simple but effective fuel tuning solution. This solution provides increased power, improved torque, enhanced engine response, treated fuel, and cleaner exhaust emissions.

To improve your vehicle performance, just attach the POWER NEO product to your vehicle's fuel supply hose.

POWER NEO fits all gasoline driven vehicle models.

POWER NEO is effective as long as the magnet power is present. This is an economical tuning part, and requires no alterations to your vehicle.

POWER NEO provides a cleaner exhaust emission, and is environmental friendly.
In fuel tuning, acheiving a complete combustion of gasoline is the most difficult task.

POWER NEO, by using an extremely strong magnetic field to finely re-arrange the fuel molecules, a more complete gasoline combustion is made possible (please see image)."

"THEORY OF MAGNETIC POWER

POWER NEO uses a strong magnetic field from the neodymum magnets to re-arrange the gasoline molecules to be in a more structured which provides a more complete combustion. This improves the combustion efficiency, and in turn reduces the amount of unburnt gasoline and corbon monoxide in the hydrocarbon infested exhaust gas. Carbon monoxide is the main component in exhaust gas pollution. POWER NEO is able to contribute to the global warming reduction which is the biggest environmental problem today.

There are some aftermarket performance parts that uses similar magnet power to increase engine performance, like in oil filter applications, but POWER NEO's main purpose is to acheive a more complete gasoline combustion, and provide the driver a more dramatic increase in engine performance.

With POWER NEO, the driver will see a dramatic improvement in torque at low RPM levels. This improved torque is a result of a more explosive combustion due to a more complete fuel burn (as close as 100%). Power is improved through out the RPM range without pressing the accelerator too much. This will also improve mileage as a result of lesser fuel consumption.

Even in Formula One racing, full gasoline combustion is very much difficult to acheived. Full combustion of gasoline is one of the main purpose in engine tuning. There are currently no engine tuners that exist that could tune an engine to have a complete gasoline combustion. POWER NEO is a new engine tuning product concept that even the automobile manufacturer, or racing has not invented yet.

INSTALLATION OF POWER NEO

POWER NEO comes with an installation tool to first open up the POWER NEO. Once the POWER NEO is opened, attach & clamp the POWER NEO to the vehicle fuel supply line either between the fuel tank, fuel injectors, or fuel pump. If the fuel line is 12 mm in diameter or smaller, please use the optional spacer provided.

It is recommended that the POWER NEO be attached as close as possible to the fuel injectors for better results. It is not recommended to use a stainless steel fuel supply hose when using the POWER NEO product as it will decrease the magnetic field strength. See below pictures on selected vehicle models for best results."
Old 06-23-07, 05:45 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read about it before but I don't believe it.

If you trying to save some gas, I recommend using ENEOS 0W-20 grade. Very good quality oil and it is #1 JDM oil, but downfall is you will feel softer push from engine.

Eneos, Nippo Oil
Old 06-23-07, 07:49 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm... Sound too good to be true and i also find it very hard to believe... Did it give a price?
Old 06-23-07, 10:04 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

About the Eneos, Autobac in SolCal is tagging around $10 to $13 depending on the oil gradings. Call up their sales reps in SolCal office and ask if they can find you a local dealer. Those reps are really nice. You can just let them know Joseph in NorCal send you there for help.... (so I can get more sponsorship for my car... no, just kidding )

It works! And it last at least double mileage compares with regular oil.
Old 06-23-07, 10:11 AM
itssr20
Driver

How many miles per gallon could one expect using Eneos in their SC?
Old 06-23-07, 02:08 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Another one of those "more hp and gas milage" scams
Old 06-23-07, 02:12 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
Another one of those "more hp and gas milage" scams
werd......
Old 06-23-07, 03:19 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems like nobody has had first hand experience with it yet. I see it for around $150 on ebay. Eh not worth it to be the guinea pig.
Old 06-24-07, 03:53 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

It is far cheaper here in japan. It's one of those "japanese" things that will catch in the states. I remember 4 years ago when people were laughing at me because i had a hyper ground system. Now tons of people stateside use them.

I got one of these for free from a local friend. I'm not sure on the benefit, but it did feel like it had more power at full boost...
Old 06-24-07, 07:09 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I would love to see some proof of this working...

People have talked about doing this whole magnet on the fuel line thing for a long time... it's never ever been proven to make power...

I love the claims "fuel tuning device" what the hell does it tune? it's damn near the cost of an AFC, and I bet theres $5 worth of parts...
Old 06-25-07, 11:26 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

it should work .my older sc400 came with one that looks like it was factory .its a rectangular box under the hood on the fuel line right where the rubber line goes to the metal line.
Old 06-25-07, 11:48 AM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

Originally Posted by 1badsoarer
It is far cheaper here in japan. It's one of those "japanese" things that will catch in the states. I remember 4 years ago when people were laughing at me because i had a hyper ground system. Now tons of people stateside use them.

I got one of these for free from a local friend. I'm not sure on the benefit, but it did feel like it had more power at full boost...
No one will argue the effectiveness of a "hyper ground" system. The problem is with them charging 100-150$ for some 4 awg wire, and a distro block. Any high copper content o2 free wire will work. I've done this on my last couple of cars for free with left over bits of wire from the hundreds of amp installs i do a year.
Old 06-25-07, 07:44 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

my buddy with a s2k uses eneo oil... he said he likes it..

ill ask him for more info sometime later
Old 06-26-07, 01:46 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

Yeah, the fancy hyper grounds are stupid expensive. HKS has some for $350...