SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone have the Video of Clint racing the Rx7 and Viper???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-01, 02:11 AM
black sc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

benzy230
thanks for the view of the clip.

Old 12-18-01, 06:34 AM
benzy230
Driver

No problem...although some seem to be mad at me....I apologize...I just really like the video, and I knew that there were a couple of more ppl who wanted to see it as well!
Old 12-18-01, 07:29 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by benzy230
No problem...although some seem to be mad at me....I apologize...I just really like the video, and I knew that there were a couple of more ppl who wanted to see it as well!
Nah, nobody is mad at cha. Just a lot of people have seen threads exactly like this one for years now. And all the threads end up the same...lol

Thanks for the video...some people hadn't seen it

SR
Old 12-18-01, 07:50 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by CmputerWiz

Nah, nobody is mad at cha. Just a lot of people have seen threads exactly like this one for years now. And all the threads end up the same...lol

Thanks for the video...some people hadn't seen it

SR
Ya, ditto, I am not mad at you. Just for some reason it's very anoying to see the same thing over and over again. LOL. I'm sure you'll feel the same about simmilar things one day. I've been on these boards too long.
Old 12-18-01, 11:32 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like we are wasting more time and space telling someone not to post the clip than we would be if we posted it. Why doesn't someone drop a link to the clip somewhere.

This way they can decide for themselves wether or not its fake.

Hell, I'd like to take a lok at it.
Old 12-18-01, 11:39 AM
sc300tt
Intermediate

Originally posted by CmputerWiz
Oh you mean the bogus video? Watch that video closely. If ANYONE can hold a camera THAT still, while someone is shifting, they've got like magic arms and stuff.

Take a look at some other videos of people racing, you'll see what I mean...

SR
Careful......you might get egg on your face.
Old 12-18-01, 11:58 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by sc300tt

You got another SC300 now? I see a '97, good choice!
Old 12-18-01, 12:51 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Clint, did u put the hit on the '97 yet? Mean Gene and I have been in the middle of a heated debate re: the limits of the factory injectors when juicing. Since we've both done many N2O installs, the argument continues..... Gene says that Mo states that the factory injectors on a 1UZ top out at 400hp, and that's assuming a 100% duty cycle (and the injectors go static at 85%, as Gene pointed out). As much as I respect Mr Choudhurry's knowledge, I tend to think that's an overly conservative figure. I plan to construct a 150-175hp system, have all my peripherals laid out, but don't think I need injectors at that level. Thoughts? Any ideas on a timing retard? Colder plugs just ain't gonna do it. Steve, I'm no video analyst, but the video looks perfectly authentic to me. We all know Clint's car can do the deed, and I know u agree, Wiz, so why fake something u don't need to? Anyway, I feel like we're beating a dead horse, that video has gone around more than Rodney King/Zapruder tape/Pam n Tommy/take your pick.
Old 12-18-01, 01:34 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Clint, did u put the hit on the '97 yet? Mean Gene and I have been in the middle of a heated debate re: the limits of the factory injectors when juicing. Since we've both done many N2O installs, the argument continues..... Gene says that Mo states that the factory injectors on a 1UZ top out at 400hp, and that's assuming a 100% duty cycle (and the injectors go static at 85%, as Gene pointed out). As much as I respect Mr Choudhurry's knowledge, I tend to think that's an overly conservative figure. I plan to construct a 150-175hp system, have all my peripherals laid out, but don't think I need injectors at that level. Thoughts? Any ideas on a timing retard? Colder plugs just ain't gonna do it. Steve, I'm no video analyst, but the video looks perfectly authentic to me. We all know Clint's car can do the deed, and I know u agree, Wiz, so why fake something u don't need to? Anyway, I feel like we're beating a dead horse, that video has gone around more than Rodney King/Zapruder tape/Pam n Tommy/take your pick.
Aren't injectors on 1UZ and 2JZ-GE different size?
Old 12-18-01, 01:56 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Compwiz don't forget that was on a 70mph roll... and there's a thing called steady shot which helps tremendously
Old 12-18-01, 04:46 PM
pinoyentity
Rookie

Clint: What wheels are those on your 97?

thanks
Old 12-19-01, 07:08 AM
benzy230
Driver

Thats cool...im glad no one is bashing me for it! I plan on staying in the forums for quiet sometime...so I am trying to make it peaceful for myself!

Clint...I love your car, and so do all my buddies. At our last meet I brought my laptop inside the resturant we were eating in to show it to everyone. So you are known quiet well in the Chattanooga, TN area! Looks like everyone has questions for ya!

I have one......how long did it take you to get your car to the point were it is at now??
Old 12-19-01, 10:13 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

So how in the hell are you? There's been a million posts on this place where people said "I wonder where Clint went." lol Didn't know if we'd ever see you on here again. So about the video, it's real??

And don't worry, I got an egg guard, had to get one...lol

How's tha car treating ya? Got any 6-speeds that you're selling?

SR
Old 12-19-01, 10:53 AM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

anybody know anything about those wheels on Clint's car?? Those things look mean.
Old 12-19-01, 08:17 PM
DIrEctQL

BTW, '97 SC300 rules!

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Video of Clint racing the Rx7 and Viper???