IN2LXUAL
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotcha. Thanks for the help gentlemen.
Old 02-29-12, 08:56 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yo, raine! Can you post some pics of your tire stretch?
Old 02-29-12, 08:58 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

After reading a lot of the posts and questions and suggestions, etc. I thought I'd throw in some clarity on the subject so that those looking to get aftermarket wheels know what is needed.

For those of you looking to find the "perfect" setup, please be aware of the following:

What many people in this thread might not realize is that these days, all of the cars you're seeing in this thread - and all of the cars running "flush"-type fitments are rarely, if ever, on stock fenders.

Also, lot of people are looking at used sets of wheels (with the economy as it is, I don't blame you) and those same people are trying to compare the used wheel specs to someone else's specs in this thread to see if it will fit right. You need to know that if you change just one single specification IT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING ELSE. Here are some common examples I'm seeing a lot in this thread:

A. Comparing a wheel with a 235/35 tire to a wheel with the same spec but 225/35 tires? FITMENT WILL CHANGE.

B. Comparing someone's 19" wheel with some 18" wheel with the same width, offset, and tire sizing? FITMENT WILL CHANGE.

C. Thinking of copying the exact wheel diameter, exact wheel width, exact wheel offset, and exact tire size that one car is running? IT WON'T LOOK THE SAME WITHOUT SOME WORK.

To get the "flush-type" fitment that most of you are looking, it's most likely not going to be a "buy it, bolt it on, and you're done" type of thing. You will probably need a combination of:

- wheel sizing
- wheel offset
- tire sizing
- possible seam flattening/wire harness re-routing (dependent on ride height)
- wheel spacers (for fine-tuning the fitment, if required)
- fender work
- custom alignment

The last three on the list is very important, as those three, when used together properly, will make almost ANY wheel size fit. It's just a matter of how much you'll need of each, like a recipe for cookies - each "ingredient" needs a certain amount to taste good - I mean look good.

So when you research and look through this thread and ask questions (that hopefully we can answer) please keep in mind that if you're looking for any sort of "flush-type" fitment, you will need to put in some work to get the right look and fitment without having any clearance/rubbing issues.

So if you're going to half-*** it, don't expect good results.
But if you are willing to put in the work and you like your car looking good, trust me, it's worth the effort

Last edited by raine; 02-29-12 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-29-12, 09:08 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Should I say WORD or CHUUUCH?? On the real though, raine have been a great great great help to me.. He really is the "wheel guy".. You guys will see my set up soon.. Soon as I have time to do it! LOL But like I said, you know it's about to get serious when people start rerouting the wire harness and smashing the seam in the fender!
Old 02-29-12, 09:31 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
you know it's about to get serious when people start rerouting the wire harness and smashing the seam in the fender!
I think I should add that info in

I'll post stretch pics in a bit.
Old 02-29-12, 10:17 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Yo, raine! Can you post some pics of your tire stretch?
Fenders are rolled and pulled; tires stretched; car is on coilovers, harness relocated, seam weld flattened, custom alignment.

My setup is mild, I could go even lower on the ride height but I prefer driving my car more than slowing down for every little road hazard. There's others with more stretch or more camber or more fender work. But my car is a daily driver, doesn't scrape everywhere, still comfortable to ride in, good in wet or dry. I'm not one to go overboard for that whole "hella flush" look if I can't make it up my driveway or can't even drive on the freeways faster than 50mph. Function > Fashion

Last edited by raine; 03-14-12 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-29-12, 10:26 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

That ain't so bad, not extreme and not conservative either... But I'm fearing for those newly refinished Works of yours! I don't even wanna say it...
Old 02-29-12, 10:38 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

That ain't so bad, not extreme and not conservative either... But I'm fearing for those newly refinished Works of yours! I don't even wanna say it...
Well the entire lips have no contact with the tire with the new setup, it's kind of hard to tell with the glare of the chrome lips... and it's actually hard to get a good picture of the stretch, for some reason
Old 03-01-12, 11:47 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raine
225/40 and 245//40 are chunky man. For an even stretch (mild) with that sizing you'd need to do like a 215/35 and 265/30, anything else narrower will look weird since stretching tires on a 9" wide wheel or narrower looks kind of... pizza

regardless of if the tires are stretched or not, the fronts might be flush, the rears will poke.
Good info and I agree accept for the 265/30 since that size is not available in an 18, i wish it was. So I suggested 255/35s for the rear.
Old 03-02-12, 05:35 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Just to illustrate a point, I took a pic while I was doing an oil change the other day. This is how my front wheel would sit on the car IF it was stock height:

See how far it sticks out? That's about 1.75 inches. But with a combination of fender work, ride height adjustment and alignment specs, it sits flush at static height. Which is why it's best to have the wheels on your car with the tires on your car and your suspension set to the ride height you want on your car BEFORE doing the necessary work (alignment, fender roll/pull) to make it sit right - so you can make the above look like this:

Last edited by raine; 03-14-12 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-02-12, 12:03 PM
LameSC300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raine

So if you're going to half-*** it, don't expect good results.
But if you are willing to put in the work and you like your car looking good, trust me, it's worth the effort
Thank you

Couldn't have said it better
Old 03-02-12, 01:59 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Raine your car is sitting perfect bro.
Old 03-02-12, 02:30 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Raine your car is sitting perfect bro.
Still debating to go kit or no kit
Old 03-02-12, 04:37 PM
ercfrmr
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation Fitment on my sc400 ***Help***

Hey guys, need to pick your brain. I'm looking at these wheels for my sc400. He says they bolt right up, What issues for fitment and tires sizes will I need. Just basically a run down of what I will need to do to make these work on my particular car. Hoping Raine will chime in and help out Thanks in advance guys,
-Eric

Here's the link to wheels an all: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...-must-see.html

Last edited by ercfrmr; 03-02-12 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-02-12, 05:47 PM
Banikid
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ercfrmr
Hey guys, need to pick your brain. I'm looking at these wheels for my sc400. He says they bolt right up, What issues for fitment and tires sizes will I need. Just basically a run down of what I will need to do to make these work on my particular car. Hoping Raine will chime in and help out Thanks in advance guys,
-Eric
Yea I think youre missing some information in order to receive help.

Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****