Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-12, 05:50 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ercfrmr
Hey guys, need to pick your brain. I'm looking at these wheels for my sc400. He says they bolt right up, What issues for fitment and tires sizes will I need. Just basically a run down of what I will need to do to make these work on my particular car. Hoping Raine will chime in and help out Thanks in advance guys,
-Eric
Diameter?
Width?
Offset?
Old 03-02-12, 07:44 PM
yell0w
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey some help would be great here guys... I'm picking up some SSR Sp1 SBC finish, 18x9 +19 high disk and 18x10 +24 medium disk. My fenders are rolled and I am dropped somewhat low. RIght now i've got some Rota Grids 18x9.5 +24 all around with 225/40/18 and 235/40/18. I'm just wondering if the tires on the grids will work on the new rims if not what should i go for?

I'm assuming the 225/40/18 will work in the fronts since the sp1 will be .5 smaller than the grids. The rears since are 18x10 i'm trying to figure out if the 235 would work or would they be way to stretched.

I prefer the low profile stretched look verses the beefy rear end look.
Old 03-02-12, 08:58 PM
ercfrmr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Banikid
Yea I think youre missing some information in order to receive help.
Yes I'm an idiot. Link is in the original post also:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...-must-see.html
Old 03-02-12, 08:59 PM
ercfrmr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SChema
Diameter?
Width?
Offset?
Here's link to wheels bro, thx: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...-must-see.html
Old 03-02-12, 10:35 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by yell0w
Hey some help would be great here guys... I'm picking up some SSR Sp1 SBC finish, 18x9 +19 high disk and 18x10 +24 medium disk. My fenders are rolled and I am dropped somewhat low. RIght now i've got some Rota Grids 18x9.5 +24 all around with 225/40/18 and 235/40/18. I'm just wondering if the tires on the grids will work on the new rims if not what should i go for?

I'm assuming the 225/40/18 will work in the fronts since the sp1 will be .5 smaller than the grids. The rears since are 18x10 i'm trying to figure out if the 235 would work or would they be way to stretched.

I prefer the low profile stretched look verses the beefy rear end look.
Yes, 225/40-18 will have a nice stretch to it, but not as much as what your Rota's look like because of the 1/2-inch less diameter.

As for the rear, just picture your current setup with 1/4 more stretch per side... it might be rounder depending on tire brand and model, but I think it should be okay for what you're looking for.

Yeah - they will bolt right up, and rub a lot LOL of course the seller will say "it'll bolt right up" because technically it will - 5x114.3 "bolts right up". But with those offsets, the front end you'll need to do a roll for sure and some mild pulling - that's basically the same setup I'm running right now on my car.

For the rear though, you'll need to do a roll for sure and a lot of pulling... you might have to flare the fender edge (where the lip actually sticks out like it was an add-on) because a 19x10.5 +12 will need a lot of clearance... or stupid camber.

Stupid as in half the tire tread will be in the air LOL

FUNCTION > FASHION
Old 03-02-12, 11:03 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by raine
FUNCTION > FASHION
Raine,
I like having tires, on a 10.5, I would run at least a 285 but our fenders won't allow that offset combination.
Old 03-02-12, 11:14 PM
redhanded7
Driver

Hey guys, need to pick your brain. I'm looking at these wheels for my sc400. He says they bolt right up, What issues for fitment and tires sizes will I need. Just basically a run down of what I will need to do to make these work on my particular car. Hoping Raine will chime in and help out Thanks in advance guys,
-Eric

Here's the link to wheels an all: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...-must-see.html
Ive had a whole bunch of different rim and tire combinations on my sc. Currently Im running a 19x9.5 +0 and 19x10.5 +0 and I have clearance with being decently low. With the rim you have/or want, you will for sure have to roll the inside lip and do a slight pull, like raine said....depending on what size tire you are going to run. Obviously if you don't want to pull alot, then you are going to have to do a decent stretch....prolly a 245 or so in the rear. Ive ran a 275 on a 10.5 +22 and the pull was only slight.

I totally agree on function over looks....but sometimes function LOOKS junk, lol. Everyone has their own taste though. Im at 640whp and with the stretched tire setup I have, I gets no traction. When I need traction, I slap on my DR's.
Old 03-02-12, 11:26 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Eventually you get to a point where no street tire in the world will put the power down.
When that happens, this fixes traction problems for a little while.

We've put down 1100+ on this exact same tire on the Baltic car. The image shows the wheel and tire combination for the Alpine car, looking to put down ~1250.

Old 03-02-12, 11:44 PM
redhanded7
Driver

wow, that is very nice! have you tried those on your sc to check clearance and fitment? If I ever get close to the 1kwhp mark, my rim style will change for sure! Those bad boys are serious business!
Old 03-02-12, 11:46 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by redhanded7
Ive had a whole bunch of different rim and tire combinations on my sc. Currently Im running a 19x9.5 +0 and 19x10.5 +0 and I have clearance with being decently low. With the rim you have/or want, you will for sure have to roll the inside lip and do a slight pull, like raine said....depending on what size tire you are going to run. Obviously if you don't want to pull alot, then you are going to have to do a decent stretch....prolly a 245 or so in the rear. Ive ran a 275 on a 10.5 +22 and the pull was only slight.

I totally agree on function over looks....but sometimes function LOOKS junk, lol. Everyone has their own taste though.
yeah 275 on a 10.5 was what I normally ran, with a 235 on 9.5 front - mild stretch, still enough meat to not bend a rim driving over railroad tracks, you know. But when I spaced the wheels out, I had to swap the fronts to a 225 to keep it "functional" for daily, as the 235's would rub just turning right from a stop sign... I then went ahead and dropped the rear size to 265 so that the overall tire thickness (ground to lip) and stretch was matching front and rear... I can't stand seeing cars - especially RWD cars like ours - run tire setups where the rear tire is thinner than the front, it looks funny.

Im at 640whp and with the stretched tire setup I have, I gets no traction.
Exactly - that 640whp makes standard stretched tires become fashion > function
Old 03-02-12, 11:53 PM
redhanded7
Driver

haha you are right. Im glad there are people who have rim/tire knowledge and can pass it on to others. People like you make this scene a whole lot cheaper and easier. Lord knows how much money Ive spent on rims and tires just trying to figure out what can and what won't fit.
Old 03-03-12, 12:07 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Lord knows how much money Ive spent on rims and tires just trying to figure out what can and what won't fit.
Tell me about it LOL

I'd rather help steer people towards considering a setup that looks good and is functional - not sacrificing performance, reliability, or safety... better than seeing someone rock 5-degrees of camber just to fit some used "JDM tyte yo" wheels with the wrong offsets for our cars, only to have to tell them that it sucks. LOL

The only thing I don't like is when someone posts up expecting everyone else to give them the "perfect fitment" so that they don't have to do the work themselves. There's a wealth of wheel fitment examples and information in this thread that anyone should be able to get a good idea of what works and what doesn't, as well as how much work is needed to make things fit. Some of it is kind of common sense - how can you expect to fit an 11" wheel on stock virgin fenders?? Which is why if someone posts up with a fitment that's close (meaning they did research) and need some small tidbit of advice, I'll try my best to help them out... I know how it is because when I started I did a lot of research and it came down to one small detail before deciding on what fitment I wanted.

But... post up with "I want hella flush gangster stretch for my slammed SC, what size/offset should I get? thans in advance" I'd rather not reply, because I'll suggest 13x8 lowriders with whitewalls. Gold spokes, of course.
Old 03-03-12, 12:29 AM
SChema
Lexus Champion

wow, that is very nice! have you tried those on your sc to check clearance and fitment? If I ever get close to the 1kwhp mark, my rim style will change for sure! Those bad boys are serious business!
I have not mounted these to my car. The set that came off the Baltic car mounted easily to my friend's SC with just fender trimming. The black Weld RTS's are 6.5mm more aggressive, we'll see how they mount on a Supra tomorrow. It will give me a good idea on how they will fit on the SC.

Pictured are the less aggressive Weld Drag Package with Skinnies on actual slicks instead of DR's.

Old 03-03-12, 08:47 AM
Big12ed
Rookie

this may be a noob question, but here it goes.
i know that having tires bigger/smaller than the original effects your odomter reading
so if i went up to 17" rims, say supra rims, would i have to subract roughly 2.5mm from the I.D.? im not exactly sure how tires are measured.
Old 03-03-12, 01:28 PM
ercfrmr
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a million guys. Really appreciate the quick replys and advice!

Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****