Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-13, 04:23 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have 18x8 F and 18x9.5 R, all at +50. I have L Tuned GS300 wheels.

I want the lip of the rear to be slightly more than the front, which I guess what will be already if I get wheels with lips.

I may go 18x10 for the rear but keep the front at the same spec and just use spacers to bring the wheel a bit more to be flush, maybe. I may like them sunk in like they are now...

I don't want to run camber crap anything, just want to wheel to be flush. BUT it already is now at 9.5, at 10 it'll probably come pass the top of the wheel well a bit.... so I may keep it at 9.5 IF I can't make 10" sit just like how my 18x9.5 sit now...

Anyway I can make the 10" to sit flush just like how the 9.5 sit now or I should just keep it 9.5"?

BTW, I never had to or wanted to buy wheels. So I don't have experience on offset for what look, etc etc etc, if **** fits, make it fit, etc etc...

Anyone have pictures of a set up exactly at these specs? 18x8 for the front and 18x9.5 or 18x10 for the rear, see how it looks...
Old 01-27-13, 06:44 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAzn
I want the lip of the rear to be slightly more than the front, which I guess what will be already if I get wheels with lips.
Actually no, you will only get that if you you buy wheels with stagger. You might get it with wheels with same width but different offsets, but that's not common.

I may go 18x10 for the rear but keep the front at the same spec and just use spacers to bring the wheel a bit more to be flush, maybe. I may like them sunk in like they are now...
Why would you spend money to just buy wheels with the same high offset and then spend more money on spacers? You're already buying new wheels, you should buy new wheels with an offset that works with what kind of look you're going for - or something with a close-enough offset, and only THEN would you use small spacers for fine tuning the look if needed.

I don't want to run camber crap anything, just want to wheel to be flush. BUT it already is now at 9.5, at 10 it'll probably come pass the top of the wheel well a bit.... so I may keep it at 9.5 IF I can't make 10" sit just like how my 18x9.5 sit now...
Anyway I can make the 10" to sit flush just like how the 9.5 sit now or I should just keep it 9.5"?
9.5 +50 isn't flush, unless your definition of flush is different from others. I used to run a 10.5 +43, which is a wider wheel that sit about 20mm outward more than your 9.5 +50, and my 10.5 +43 was actual flush on stock fenders.

FYI you can't have "flush" without the "camber crap." So you need to decide if you're willing to do the work to get a flush fitment, which involves a little camber and a little fender rolling.

BTW, I never had to or wanted to buy wheels. So I don't have experience on offset for what look, etc etc etc, if **** fits, make it fit, etc etc...
Anyone have pictures of a set up exactly at these specs? 18x8 for the front and 18x9.5 or 18x10 for the rear, see how it looks...
There's pics of 8/10 combos already in this thread.

------

You might want to think more about all those "mays" and come up with a more definite decision on what you want, that would make it much easier for us to make some sort of recommendation. GLHF
Old 01-27-13, 09:57 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raine
Actually no, you will only get that if you you buy wheels with stagger. You might get it with wheels with same width but different offsets, but that's not common.
Staggered wheels with lips which is what I plan on, 18x8" in the front and 18x9.5" in the rear.

FYI you can't have "flush" without the "camber crap." So you need to decide if you're willing to do the work to get a flush fitment, which involves a little camber and a little fender rolling.
Maybe my definition of "flush" is slightly different. From what I've seen, the furthermost edge of the wheel not passing the furthermost outer part of the fender. My definition is just about to less. Let's just say I want to come close to that as much as I can to "flush". I have Tein CS but it is sitting at almost stock height. I want to avoid doing any fender rolling and having camber other than OEM spec unless I have to due to the size of the wheel instead of looks. I drive my SC everyday so I definitely don't want to put camber ... Rather my tires worn even versus just an inside corner. I may dial my height down lower but not that low. Maybe another half inch up to an inch.

There's pics of 8/10 combos already in this thread.
I'm at page 270 something... still looking for that combo at an offset that doesn't require fender rolls and camber. Or something similar.

Thread so old, many pictures are blank squares... Would be easier if there was a sub forum specifically just for wheels & tires. That way each person can have their own thread instead of getting lost somewhere on page X.

But so far, I think I may go 18x8 and 18x9.5 with offset all at around mid +40 or so. I just need a picture so I can see before I end up getting wheels I can't return or something.
Old 01-28-13, 01:26 AM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need help im running some bbs rks that are 17 and i was wondering since the bolt pattern are 5x112 and im running adapters. Are they safe sometimes i feel like the wheels are gonna come off haha since im not use to running adapters. Any input of how safe they are. And heres a pic of my rear 17x11 with a 38et offset. Im running a 245/45. As you can see , i want to fill in the gap. I want something more staggered in the rear. Oh and btw im max out on tein street coilovers.
Heres a pic'!
Old 01-28-13, 07:01 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, those 17"s look pretty tiny. I'd go back to stock and save up some money for proper wheels or put beefy MT muscle car tires How many mm are the adapters? If they're torqued down correctly, then you'll be fine. I'd check them every once in a while to make sure none of the bolts have come loose.
Old 01-28-13, 07:28 AM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Wow, those 17"s look pretty tiny. I'd go back to stock and save up some money for proper wheels or put beefy MT muscle car tires How many mm are the adapters? If they're torqued down correctly, then you'll be fine. I'd check them every once in a while to make sure none of the bolts have come loose.
I like them alot =] . I dont think anyone will have these rims on there car. Plus there discontinued rims
I wanted to be different.
Yes i was thinking of running like a 295/35 or maybe 305. Im into muscle cars. My cobra has 315
So i like the beefy look. As far as the size on the adapters go, i have no freaken idea what size they are. How can i tell?
Old 01-28-13, 08:04 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

you should be fine with the adapters just make sure like everyone is saying that are torqued correctly. I ran adapters on my old car and even tracked it and never had an issue! Mine were hub centric as well which helps a lot.
Old 01-28-13, 08:04 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe my definition of "flush" is slightly different. From what I've seen, the furthermost edge of the wheel not passing the furthermost outer part of the fender. My definition is just about to less. Let's just say I want to come close to that as much as I can to "flush". I have Tein CS but it is sitting at almost stock height. I want to avoid doing any fender rolling and having camber other than OEM spec unless I have to due to the size of the wheel instead of looks. I drive my SC everyday so I definitely don't want to put camber ... Rather my tires worn even versus just an inside corner. I may dial my height down lower but not that low. Maybe another half inch up to an inch.
- "sunken" is any wheel setup where the wheel lip is behind the fender edge. Stock wheels and high offset wheels are usually sunken in.
- "flush" has always been dead even - as in fender and wheel vertically even so if you were to hold a level against the fender and wheel it would be at 90-degrees.
- "poke" is where the lip of the wheel is farther out than the fender edge. with the right suspension setupnand fender work you can have poke with full fender clearance on a daily driven car.

Good luck with the Tein CS, at their lowest safe point they sit about the same as standard lowering springs, you can't dial those down beyond that without having the spring loose at full extension (which is a bad thing). I hated them and sold mine after 2 days

Even OEM spec has camber. Camber doesn't wear tires as much as having bad toe setting does. Bad toe wears the inside edges fast. You can get even tire wear even with -3-degrees of camber just by flipping tires and keeping an eye on tire pressures.

Even a mild "flush" setup will require some camber, because you'll need that camber to allow the wheel to go behind the fender and in the wheel well when the suspension compresses. Even moreso if you don't do any major fender work. But realistically if you want flush you'll at minimum need to roll the fenders and get the right offset for the wheels - and a 9.5 +50 isn't going to even be close to flush, sorry.

I'm at page 270 something... still looking for that combo at an offset that doesn't require fender rolls and camber. Or something similar. Thread so old, many pictures are blank squares... Would be easier if there was a sub forum specifically just for wheels & tires. That way each person can have their own thread instead of getting lost somewhere on page X.
Good idea. But wheel selection isn't easy, and getting the right fitment for your tastes isn't easy either. You're supposed to look through 270+ pages; that's called research

But so far, I think I may go 18x8 and 18x9.5 with offset all at around mid +40 or so. I just need a picture so I can see before I end up getting wheels I can't return or something.
That is a mild setup, you shouldn't have any problem with zero fender mods and no extra camber, but it will not be anywhere near flush at all, it will be sunken in similar to OEM
Old 01-28-13, 08:05 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Wow, those 17"s look pretty tiny.
+1 agreed, but hey - dude seems to like them, it's his car, what can we do about it? LOL
Old 01-28-13, 01:15 PM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sr71b
you should be fine with the adapters just make sure like everyone is saying that are torqued correctly. I ran adapters on my old car and even tracked it and never had an issue! Mine were hub centric as well which helps a lot.
Yea there hub centric=] so i shouldn't worry! Glad to know thanks man.

Raine:

As far as them being small ? I dont think so! I personally think 1 inch aint much bigger. And well 19 and 20 are not my thing.
Name:  CAM00064_0_zps068e3d8c.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  196.3 KB

Last edited by 93Gotjuice; 01-28-13 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-28-13, 06:21 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 93Gotjuice

Raine:

As far as them being small ? I dont think so! I personally think 1 inch aint much bigger. And well 19 and 20 are not my thing.
Well you are running meaty tires on there, on stock body with OEM aero.

But 17's on a slammed SC with full aftermarket body kit will look tiny
Old 01-28-13, 06:48 PM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Well you are running meaty tires on there, on stock body with OEM aero.

But 17's on a slammed SC with full aftermarket body kit will look tiny
Yea lol they would look tiny how would i know =] I've only had the auto coutour body kit but i like the stock body look maybe a different lip.
Anyways back on topic. What size do you think for the rear?
Old 01-28-13, 09:12 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

93Gotjuice, I love how your car looks!!!

I just got my oem sc400 lip today, and will be putting on my 97+ skirts on it and painting both body color. Cant wait, bc i love this look for pre-97's

I do have a question for you guys. Are all MKIV Supra TT wheels the same offset? Bc some people on here say they are +45, and some say they are +38. I have a pair on my 97 right now but that car's in the body shop getting a full repaint, so i cant check.
Old 01-28-13, 09:59 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like them alot =] . I dont think anyone will have these rims on there car. Plus there discontinued rims
I wanted to be different.
Yes i was thinking of running like a 295/35 or maybe 305. Im into muscle cars. My cobra has 315
So i like the beefy look. As far as the size on the adapters go, i have no freaken idea what size they are. How can i tell?

Becareful what tire size you choose for your 17's..Im currently on a 17x10.5 22et in the rears with a 285/40 and rubbing like crazy. Although you having coilovers, you have an advantage on my car, but rolling fenders in my case would just look funny.

Just for reference:

Old 01-29-13, 07:49 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Raine:

Let's hope your girlfriend doesn't share the same sentiment.

Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****