SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Wald Engrish is killin' me! :D - Still buying the Executive regardless

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-07, 02:10 PM
CLRH2O
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wald Engrish is killin' me! :D - Still buying the Executive regardless

I've been hot on the Wald Executive Line kit for the SC for... well since forever it seems like. And come hell or high water it's the kit I'm getting...period.

That said, I was just knocking around the net today and stumbled onto the Wald International corporate website. Figured, eh why not get to know the company who's going to be getting my money a little better right? And boy am I glad I did

If you go to the 'Line Concept' page and drop into the English translation page you will get this description of the 'Executive' line of Body kits:

"EXECUTIVE LINE: All the know-how cultivated with GROSSER-WALD is concentrated. High domestic class sedan is made to be upgraded more. The car which it can have the adult of real thing pointing satisfied with is made. The automobile which fits sternness to luxuriousness and to have is made. It was born in the theme. Really, it is executive tuning program. But that value changes into the big existence quietly now in every scene."

Really?!..... Is that a fact then! Well ****, where do I sign!!!

Lolaoalhahhaa.a. Oh my GOSH! F'n killing me over here.

And there again, I agree whole heartedly because I know for certain that my SC was made to be Upgraded More! And I am just the adult of real thing that wants to be satisfied with is made! In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's going to make the big existence quietly now in every scene I go to once the kit's installed....

Whew... Deep Breaths.......... Deeeeep breaths.....
(BONUS, BONUS, BONUS... GET IT MORE!!!! <-- JP mid 90's arcade game trivia there))

And back in reality land again for a moment - is L-Tuned parts still the ticket for getting this kit in the US right now?

Last edited by CLRH2O; 07-02-07 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-02-07, 02:19 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

LTuned and D2Autosport can get the Wald kit for you. Also www.japanparts.com will sell you individual pieces. I don't know of anyone that bought from japanparts.com or that can vouch for them. I communicated with them a few times via email and they were knowledgeable and helpful. Oh yea plus they will ship the kit to the nearest international airport.
Old 07-02-07, 02:22 PM
CLRH2O
Pole Position

Works for me - either that or to the loading bay here at our office (print and mailing services shop). The Tampa Airport is like *right* by my house as well so that's tit. What's the shipping from say L-Tuned on a full kit to 33603 (Tampa Florida) would you say as a guess? Oh, and what about the wait time in total from placing the order to getting it in my hands?

(love your AutoCouture btw - it's my second choice HANDS DOWN... but it's also more expensive amazingly :/ )
Old 07-02-07, 02:38 PM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car companies in Japan have some Great engrish.. I think Value sports has a really crazy slogan too, I just can't remember it.
Old 07-02-07, 02:43 PM
CLRH2O
Pole Position

LOVE IT! Ever been by Engrish.com? Oh man...... do yourself the favor if not.

Errrr, I just realized how redundant that statement was after taking a moment to go over to engrish.com and bask in it's glory for a moment. Now that I'm back over here again I've noticed the BIG HONKING tag on each of those pics you posted.....

Doh!

Last edited by CLRH2O; 07-02-07 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-02-07, 03:06 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

all your base are belong to us!
Old 07-02-07, 03:11 PM
CLRH2O
Pole Position

And how! (it would be funny if someone knew what game I was reffering to though - although unless a HUGE SNK fan I doubt anyone will.... and yes, that's your free clue btw )
Old 07-02-07, 03:15 PM
HTQCummins
Driver

I was just looking at the wald kit on Ltuned, thats a very mild kit for the SC. I almost didn't notice much of a difference. What is different from the stock?
Old 07-02-07, 03:20 PM
CLRH2O
Pole Position

The best way to go about know what the Executive on an SC is all about - IMHO - is to check out CleanSC's ride. From the moment I saw his car (which was before I even got my SC and was the catalyst for buying mine as it happens) I KNEW it was the straight dope. Let me find his thread for ya real quick... I'll update this entry with the link in a moment.

In the meantime here's a good pic of his car to get ya started:
http://www.theforcecollective.com/sc...fect_sc400.jpg

His ride is actually a 300, but I didn't know that at the time I created the picture duplicate on my site and I don't want the other thread that reference this pic to go dead by changing the name. But regardless it's Baaaaaaaaaad!

The main things you can note about the "Executive" kit are the leading and trailing extruded cut lines which run parallel to the ground and sky across the outermost edges (if that makes any sense). Next to those are the lower edge recessed area. It's matched from to rear and somewhat duplicated in spirit on the side skirts lower edge as well. Overall it's Wald's take on what the OEM 97+ year SC *SHOULD* have looked like. And really, Wald got it right - big time. (if not entirely in the build quality / fitment department... but I'm fine with custom fixing myself)

Oh, and of course it's lower than OEM all around as well.... So there's always that too

Aaaand here you go:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155648

Fear that ride! One of the nicest SC's on earth if you ask me.

Last edited by CLRH2O; 07-02-07 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-02-07, 06:15 PM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

"Get lose you can not compare with my powers" - M Bison
Old 07-02-07, 07:06 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd recommend you call Steve or Luis at L-tuned / Carson Toyota for a quote. I placed a Wald order recently and have been very happy with the service and pricing. I'd love a Wald kit too, maybe we can get them to place an all models group buy on Wald Body Kits????? Save on shipping from Japan maybe?
Old 07-02-07, 11:26 PM
CLRH2O
Pole Position

Works for me as long as it happens when I have the funds specific to this purchase. Lets keep in touch about the idea if nothing else. I'm looking at about 3 months out from now I think if nothing undue comes up.