SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

auto coture kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-01, 08:31 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto coture kit

Hey I have some questions about the Auto Coture kit (sp?)

Anyways, Im having second thoughts about the veilside kit, maybe I have just looked at it too much, but I'm starting to think that maybe the auto coture kit would go better with my car (especially when the colors gold....)

Anyways a couple q's--

1)They make the kit for the 92 models right?

2)Is it full front / back bumpers, or do they just add on?

3)Can someone get me a close estimate of how much it would cost to get a kit to me shipped? (utah) (oh and are they out of the usa or japan?)

4) personal opinions of veilside vs auto coture?

And if someone can post some links to more pictures thatd be great, thanx

Jason
Old 12-18-01, 09:16 PM
PlayaSC
Driver School Candidate

The Auto Couture kit is a full front and back bumper. At least that's what I been told by some of the owners. I personally think the Auto Couture is the best looking SC kit. It's not the most aggressive, but certainly is the cleanest. Veilside is the totally opposite. It's extremely aggressive, but not really clean. However, that's just my opinion. It all depends on what you're into, clean or aggressive. I like both of the kits, but if I had to choose, I would pick the AC kit. It maintains the stock look, but adds a little more aggression. The only thing I don't like about it is those bars(don't know what they're called) in the front of the bumper. I think it would look a lot better if there was a mesh grill there instead. Both kits, from what I heard are expensive. From 2-3 Gs. Remember, my opinions are all based on pictures on the net. You have to see both is person to really judge.
Old 12-19-01, 12:16 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

in addition to PlayaSC said...

The AutoCouture kit will fit the '92...but you'll have to buy the '97+ foglights and grille...

Send a PM to SUPRATRD or better yet, call Carson Toyota and talk to Steve Ganz...

Veilside - It's too extreme for me...I like the AutoCouture better because I think it fits the over look a the image of the SC better..

Check out www.evolution.co.jp/autocoutre...

There is front and back shot...
Old 12-19-01, 07:41 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Veilside and AC are both out of Japan, but Veilside's California distribution centre is literally across the street from Carson Toyota, call Steve Ganz or Gordon Miguel, I think Steve can get u the Veilside kit for low 2's, the Auto Couture kit is about $3000 from places like GT Autosport, Taka Kairo, Hiro, etc. I agree that the AC is the better of the two, the best SC kit out there IMHO. Just as everyone else said, it's much cleaner, I feel the Veilside is a bit too wild for the SC, their kits look great on an FD3S, Z32, and the like. In the end, however, YOU have to like it and no one else. One other thing to consider, however, is that kits like the Auto Couture are straight out of Japan and have a somewhat significant lead time, consider that if you may need replacement part(s) in the future (especially front fascia). Both kits replace the front and rear bumpers completely, and as Manaray stated, you'll need the 97-2K grille and foglamps for the AC kit, also avail. through Carson, I think I paid about $350 or so for these items.
If you really need, I can calculate the shipping for you, but it's insignificant in comparison to the cost of a $3000 body kit, if you know what I mean. Choose wisely, young Grasshopper.............
Old 12-19-01, 04:27 PM
PlayaSC
Driver School Candidate

One thing you should take into consideration is that your car is a Lexus. So you shouldn't go too extreme. You would want people to recognize it as a Lex. The AC kit would be the perfect kit. The only problem is the price. It is nice, but not $3000. My second choice would be the Explosion kit. It's almost as clean as the AC kit(except for the bottom part of the front bumper that sticks out) and more aggresive. It's too bad I can't see all of the kits in person, cause you can't really judge by pictures. I've only seen the Do-Luck in person, and it's pretty sweet. Not clean but I still like it. But it comes down to you. While you should take peoples opinion in consideration, the final decision should be yours to make. Because you'll have to live it...
Old 12-19-01, 04:28 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

can someone give me a phone # of carson toyota?

Thanx
Jason
Old 12-20-01, 10:50 AM
EvoTuned
Driver

Wink

Before you buy the AC kit you might want to look at the math. Someone check mine out but there is approx. 117Yen = $1. On the website it says for a package price is 220,000Yen. So the translation is about $1880.34US Dollars. Keep in mind this is not including the 3-5 hundred shipping charge, but that’s still not $3000 plus shipping!! So do American companies know how to translate money properly or do they just know how to translation money in their pockets. I know they have to make some profit but $1000! Good luck with purchasing one!
Old 12-20-01, 08:58 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

I calculated about 1800$ also...
Anyone know any ways around shipping costs?

And does anyone know how much it would ACTUALLY be to ship it to CA? (Im talking not through a dealership, straight shipping)

Jason
Old 12-21-01, 04:55 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well a lot of importers just go with a JPY100:US$1 ratio...and of course, they tack on some profit.

It also depends on the importer...some importers have good connections in Japan (like they have a store over there) so they're getting it at wholesale...so even (with shipping charges added) if they charge you full retail, they're still making quite a bit of profit.

On the other hand, some importers have to buy it from a shop in Japan and then arrange shipping. In this case, if they charge you retail, they're not making much of a profit...

But don't just take lowest price into consideration. Some importers are just *****heads and even for less money, I'd rather not deal with them...other importers may charge a bit more but their customer service is MUCH better and they'll take care of you...