SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

my car saved my wife life

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-07, 06:52 PM
mungrin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow funny thing is the same thing happened to me and my wife.I showed my wife this thread and she thinks i posted it.It sounds almost exactly the same lol
Old 07-04-07, 07:55 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a story.. I'm glad your wife is okay after everything you guys went through. If my gf was in a same situation, I can't say I would've waited for the ambulance to come.
Old 07-04-07, 08:44 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

man thats interesting you mention an egg roll... When i was in the 7th grade a really good friend of mine died (wasnt with her when it happened) eating an egg roll at the mall. she was allergic to peanuts and it was cooked in peanut oil. she died on the way to the hospital in the ambulance. so sad... Not having an idea what to do, I probably wouldve driven her too. I'm just waiting for that day when i get married and my wifes pregnant and i get to fly to the hospital
Old 07-04-07, 09:30 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow... some of you guys are really tough about this situation... I would've done the same thing if my gf or future wife were in that situation... 15 minutes is enough and then some for someone to die...

And nice job reading "i am not coming back after this post"...
Old 07-04-07, 10:50 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

I probably would have done the same thing.. I had to be taken to the Hospital in an Ambulance once.. cost $800..... ouch,.
Old 07-05-07, 07:49 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I woulda driven to the hospital too, but I could carry my wife to the closest hospital, it's not 15 minutes away...
Old 07-05-07, 08:26 AM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jewcano

I just don't see the logic in doing something knowing that you shouldn't, and that it can harm you in a dangerous way.

Why do people drink smoke? that can harm you. Modding your car you know you aent supposed to do it but everyone does. the point is his wife is ok thats all that matters. if you were placed in that situation you would take the first oppurtunity to get to the hospital
Old 07-05-07, 09:17 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewcano
A little off topic but WHY would she be eating shrimps if she KNOWS she's allergic to them?

lol ya i thought that was pretty stupid on her part

and rofl @ having the most fun in a dangerous situation
Old 07-05-07, 11:31 AM
ifilrx
Driver

jesus guys....."Benadryl" is spelled this way.
Old 07-05-07, 01:55 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

just like there are different grades of meat there are shrimp and they had to use a different kind of shrimp and she was allrgic to that kind .
Old 07-05-07, 02:53 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SCwidaGTE
ex EMT with all the info can't spell benadryl? hmmm....

and in any event, the SC did nothing for you and your wife and if anything, you just endangered her more. congrats.
OMGZoRZ!!! YOU SPELLED SOMETHING WRONG?!?!? HAX HAX HAXoR! Who cares? Anyways, glad to hear your wife's doing alright. Keep her away from the shrimp next time.
Old 07-05-07, 05:22 PM
ProjectLex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IronCobra
I had to be taken to the Hospital in an Ambulance once.. cost $800..... ouch,.
I was going to reply something similar.

You just helped pay for some of your mods by NOT calling 911. You got her there safe and sound and faster than the ambulance could have. They have flashing lights....whoop dee doo. I agree with the other poster; 911 is a joke!

I give you kudos for taking action. Especially if you're in Milwaukee. I live in Madison and was in Milwaukee last night for Tool at Summerfest. Milwaukee is totally insane right now! It would have taken more than 15 minutes for help to arrive. Bet on it. Sitting around waiting while a loved one can't breathe? Not my style.

Some of you need to settle down. He was saying "thank you" not asking for your opinions, geez. Go watch some fox news
Old 07-05-07, 07:03 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BLovesc
Why do people drink smoke? that can harm you. Modding your car you know you aent supposed to do it but everyone does. the point is his wife is ok thats all that matters. if you were placed in that situation you would take the first oppurtunity to get to the hospital
You missed a few points and some that are localized.
CA has laws stating no modifications, and you can be fined for such. FL is a tad different, afaik, we don't have rules like these, or ours are ALOT more relaxed.
Second, people don't make smart decisions, and thats the problem here. I don't smoke, i don't drink, because i know the adverse consequences of it.
Like I said, i'm lactose intollerant, so I can't have dairy, and guess what; I don't eat dairy. It's called control.
Old 07-05-07, 07:36 PM
marek955i
Driver

This is my boyfriends screen name, but I felt the need to put my two cents in. I am an RN at an ER in Milwaukee. If you call 911 no matter what time it is, they will show up. If your wife was really having a severe allergic reaction, which it sound like she was, she would have been treated right away. There is not one ER that would let someone with respiratory distress go untreated because it is 11:30pm and supposedly "high crime time". There is no reason for you to drive recklessly to get to the ER. That is what 911 is for. On your way to the ER you could have killed yourself, your wife, or an innocent bystander. I work in a trauma center. We get people in all the time for reckless driving that crashed their car. It's not a bright idea. I hope next time you will think more about what could happen. I have an S4 and a T67 SC300, I too like to drive fast and have fun. But there is a time and a place to do this. Driving to the ER is not the time or the place.
Old 07-05-07, 07:48 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Right or wrong it was their decision to drive. Yes they could have gotten hurt, or someone else hurt...and that would have been their bag to deal with.

I had driven my ex to the ER of the hospital I used to work at...Cause I knew the horrible response time....And "I drove it, like I stole it."
People do what they feel is right at the time...

Quick Reply: my car saved my wife life