SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

my car saved my wife life

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-07, 11:08 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my car saved my wife life

2 nights ago my wife ended up in the emergency room due to bad food we ate Chinese that night and my wife is allergic to shrimp (SUCKS *** SHE LOVES TO EAT THEM) but we eat alot of seafood in our house so she eats shrimp on weekly basics. Well on this particular night something happen. He face started to swell up, she couldn’t breath and thought she was having and asthma attack. And wasn’t and then her lungs and throat almost closed up and then she panicked. And start screaming I AM GOING TO DIE CAM'RON

I am like no ur no so we smashed outta our condo in tot he sc (thank god I didn’t drive the Audi she wouldn’t have maded) and I have to so this is the first time I have driven my car this way I got the car up to 100mph in no time turning round corner lighting fast with my yield lights on and the handling is incredible I never had so much fun in a dangerous situation so basically what I am trying to say is

If some 1 doesn’t want u to modd Ur car tell them to read this
If some u feel like that exhaust or air intake isn’t going to help BUY it
But I just wanted to share this story with u guys and also take some time out to say THANK U TO ALL MEMEBERS WHO HELP ME THUS FAR IN MY CAR QUEST BECAUSE OF U MY WIFE IS STI HERE AND MY CAR IS RUNNING GOOD U UYS ARE NOT LIKE THE ***** HOLES ON SUPRA FORUMS SO

THANKS GUYS

sincerely,
MR.and MRS. T70 surpa

Last edited by t70 supra; 07-04-07 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-04-07, 11:25 AM
Khaos
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. What a story. I'm glad your wife is okay.
Old 07-04-07, 11:27 AM
NYCsc300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u could have called 911, they would have got there in less then 15mins.. then would have gave her a shot. tightness woulds have gone down...(i'm an ex EMT, now an Animal Control officer)...doing what u did could have got her exicited causing her lungs to move faster and tighten... Your actions could have gottin yourself hurt and ur wife more, or even people around u..YOUR SC IS NOT AN AMBULANCE!! nor are u trained to drive like that...at least everone is fine..this is not a reason to mod a SC..Sc modding r made to kill hondas and ricers on the STRIP and give us guys (and girls ) something to do then do drugs and or get away from our wifes...lol

2 benadrill ( i dont think thats spelled right) would have worked to..
sold at any store or hotel..
sorry to burst your bubble..
-shawn
Old 07-04-07, 11:35 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

I am very glad that your wife is ok now BUT I tend to agree with NYC on this. Putting your life at risk and others on the road solves nothing and only increases the chances of more people getting hurt. I would have called 911 and let them handle it. Unless there is some part of this story you are leaving out.
Old 07-04-07, 11:39 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

thats crazy dude im glad ur ok and nice driving...but......nycsc300 kinda has a point it cudda made it worse and her adrenaline wud be goin nuts and indeed she wud tighten up more...but glad ur hopefully there wont be a next time to take any medicine or call 911.....
Old 07-04-07, 12:16 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

well benadrill (sp?) would definitely helped, but hey your wife's ok and thats all that matters. next time NO SHRIMP!!!!
Old 07-04-07, 12:22 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

i guess ur right they gave her some benidrill and a shot of somthing in her iv but i just go so scared when i seen her like that i takes a second for the 911 people to come and i couldent see anyone i love llike that in pain so i did what i thought was right yes true engough i could of killed me and her driving like that but i dont care as long as she safe and breathing but we just moved in this condo so we been trying just to get lil stuff but but when they hooked her up to the machine her beats per minute were 140 and she coudlent stop shakin or crying so i felt i did the right thing
Old 07-04-07, 12:26 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

That must have been some ordeal. Glad to hear your wife is alright.
Old 07-04-07, 01:10 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you kidding? not only did you indanger your life but your wife's as well. What about if some dumb kid on a motorcycle was coming the other way or decided to run a red light or osmething stupid like that, would your lights and siren have warned them too? ...cause that's a mod you might want to look into for the future...
Old 07-04-07, 01:19 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

it is easy to say what you would do in retrospect, but when its on the line you usually make the best decision for "right now" When it comes to my wife and my daughter I go into overkill mode too and I use to work in an emergency room. I will file this story, thank him for it, and try to open it up if it happens to me. So I can make that decision to call 911 or drive myself.I am happy your wife is safe.
911 is a joke
-Flava Flav-
Old 07-04-07, 01:46 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wait 15 minutes for an ambulance, sure, you will be dead. happened to my uncle.

you did the right thing driving your wife to the hospital.

the one thing i dont get, if she is allergic to shrimps, why eat them?
Old 07-04-07, 02:18 PM
SCwidaGTE
Driver

ex EMT with all the info can't spell benadryl? hmmm....

and in any event, the SC did nothing for you and your wife and if anything, you just endangered her more. congrats.
Old 07-04-07, 02:22 PM
convoy
Pole Position

that is crazy, glad everyone is ok. i'd have the wifey lay off the shrimp tho...
Old 07-04-07, 02:35 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

well it was 11:30 pm (milwaukee peak crime hour) when we got there to the ER and it was packed but they treated her first than god .she did mention the ambuance when she was trying to talk but i just paniced and took it into over drive cause when she said " CAM'RON I DONT WANNA DIE" and told me that she could'nt breath , it felt like she was on fire and shes choking on air and food. it scared the **** outta me so bad i made the best dection in a critaical time . the doctor said it i would have waited 7-10 min later she would have died in a comatose state. and as fas as the shrimp go she can eat shirmp but is the grade and quaity she is ammuine to some shrimp so she ate an egg roll and this is what happen but we have accully sit down and ate here 2 and numorous amounts of take out from this place but if u want the name is

WILLIAM HOES authintic chinese food but my wife is doing better she went to work today and i am leaving ater this post
Old 07-04-07, 02:45 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

A little off topic but WHY would she be eating shrimps if she KNOWS she's allergic to them? I'm lactose intollerant and i KNOW not to drink milk or consume dairy, because of the adverse effects it has on me. So please explain why you guys would indulge on shrimp so often knowing she is allergic? Allergies can progress and get worse, everyone knows that.

I just don't see the logic in doing something knowing that you shouldn't, and that it can harm you in a dangerous way.

As for the rushing out the house driving drastically i can't argue with you there, though it may have been the wrong decision. When you are under so much stress and unfamiliar with the situation it may cause you to take action in an unsafe manner.

But its good to hear that all is well, maybe now she has learned her lesson and won't be eating shrimp anymore.

Quick Reply: my car saved my wife life