SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Door Actuator Diagnosis

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 07:28 AM
Lexus400mn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Actuator Diagnosis

Today I went out and tried to unlock and open my drivers side door to no aval.
All I heard was a lock unlocking sound like it was confused on what it wants to do. Won't open from the outside, so had to open from passenger side to get in. Will open from the inside. The door locks are kind of screwy though try to lock it with door lock feature and it stays open, have to manually lock drivers side door. Could this be the common door actuator problem that everyone is referring to?
Best Regards
Old 07-07-07, 07:43 AM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexus400mn
Today I went out and tried to unlock and open my drivers side door to no aval.
All I heard was a lock unlocking sound like it was confused on what it wants to do. Won't open from the outside, so had to open from passenger side to get in. Will open from the inside. The door locks are kind of screwy though try to lock it with door lock feature and it stays open, have to manually lock drivers side door. Could this be the common door actuator problem that everyone is referring to?
Best Regards
Sounds like it.

Could you not even open the lock by putting in the key on the drivers side? if so, the key cylinder may be messed up also.

The door lock actuator assembly is one big piece that you just by from Lexus, and has all the new guts for Lock & Unlock, and new cables for the lock & door latch.
Old 07-07-07, 08:17 AM
Lexus400mn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I put the key in and it won't let me open drivers door from outside at all.
So if you could give me a heads up on diagnosis, I will order parts from whatever lex member gives me the best price on them and then I will either try to install or get help from friend who loves to do these types of "fun" jobs.