SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

never thought this would happen

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-07, 01:48 AM
simonsays
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default never thought this would happen

so i'm driving the local road at around 9:30 at night. i come up to the stoplight. now the stoplight was green, so it was my right of way to just keep on driving. i'm on the far left lane (there's 3 lanes). as i come up to the stoplight, theres a BMW 3series thats pulling out of the intersection going onto the road i was on.
i'm driving down the road thinking she'll go into the right lane then merge. this girl just goes right into the far left lane that i was in. now at this point, i was going about 45 mph, and she just suddenly comes into my lane. i tried to swerve to avoid her, but it was already too late. i ended up rearending her. the whole driverside of my car is now smashed in. i just spent 4300 bucks fixing the motor. and now i dont know whats gonna happen.
obviously its her fault, and she admitted to it, but who knows what might happen.
my cars at the junkyard right now.
it was my first car that i had, and i bought that with my own money. and now its smashed.
just had to let this out of my system before i go to sleep.
its a 92 sc300 5 speed. i'm 19. bought it for 5750 2 years ago and she's been good to me since. i'm lucky i'm not seriously injured. man our cars are tanks. but damn that airbag does hurt.
Old 07-11-07, 01:55 AM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear that bro. I am near the same age as you, and I bought the same car for about the same price, all with my money. It would really suck if that happened. I heard in near all instances if you rear end someone, it will be considered your fault. Hopefully this is not the case. Good luck with everything.
Old 07-11-07, 02:15 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts

Meh, she'll buy you a new one. You should also buy the old one back if the motor is that fresh.
Old 07-11-07, 07:42 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fireblaze
Sorry to hear that bro. I am near the same age as you, and I bought the same car for about the same price, all with my money. It would really suck if that happened. I heard in near all instances if you rear end someone, it will be considered your fault. Hopefully this is not the case. Good luck with everything.
That's true to a point. However, she should be cited with improper lane change and you should be ok. Like OLT said, if the insurance company does total out the car, which they probably will, try and buy her back and fix her up.
Old 07-11-07, 09:17 AM
MCG33
Pole Position

Yup.. since she already admitted fault, you should be good. Buy that puppy back after the insurance company totals it, because they will not give you nearly what its worth. Then get another SC and transplant your stuff over and you'll be good to go! Sucks to wreck your car, but at least you made it out ok.
Old 07-11-07, 09:17 AM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this might get ugly... ive have some stupid people do stupid stuff and admits to it, appoloigizes at the spot, but all said and done, they pull BS when insurance company is investigating... in this case you rear ended her, it would actually be tough on you if she starts making up stories.
Old 07-11-07, 09:22 AM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

hopefully she admitted to an officer being at fault, and she should get a ticket. buy that car back and buy another. good luck
Old 07-11-07, 09:27 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

damn sorry to hear about that but why did you spend $4300 on a GE?
Old 07-11-07, 10:31 AM
simonsays
Pole Position

thanks for all the kind words everyone.
the girl works for the police department, so she's not on crack.
her husband is a police officer.

i spent 4300 bucks on a GE motor.
first i bought a 98 VVTI motor for 500.
didnt really think it throughly, so i had to swap my 92 head onto the 98 VVTI block. rebuilt the head, replaced minor parts, clutch kit, and it ended up being 4300 bucks.

i really hope the insurance company totals it out.
but if they dont total it out, and it gets fixed, wouldnt the car be under a salvage title?
Old 07-11-07, 12:20 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, which is only really a big issue if you plan to sell the car later. If you plan to keep and mod it, then salvage aint such a bad thing.
Old 07-11-07, 12:53 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by simonsays
thanks for all the kind words everyone.
the girl works for the police department, so she's not on crack.
her husband is a police officer.

i spent 4300 bucks on a GE motor.
first i bought a 98 VVTI motor for 500.
didnt really think it throughly, so i had to swap my 92 head onto the 98 VVTI block. rebuilt the head, replaced minor parts, clutch kit, and it ended up being 4300 bucks.

i really hope the insurance company totals it out.
but if they dont total it out, and it gets fixed, wouldnt the car be under a salvage title?
no if they decide not to total it and fix it its not salvaged, salvaged title is only given to cars that insurance companys estimate the dameges and decide not to fix it and total it.