SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

orange flake / black top / runner wide body + vertex + bn hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 04:21 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that car is rediculously stupid. That kit is sporty, and yet he puts bags on it. rims are ugly, paint is ugly, holy crap, i wanna sell my cars cause all these idiots dont have taste.
Old 07-17-07, 04:28 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

wut i think is funny is that raceonusa always shows these fancy kits from japan. Im thinking they want everyone's feedback so they know which kit to copy and make a replica.
Old 07-17-07, 04:36 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

would love it without the flakes
Old 07-17-07, 04:55 PM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For this car I already know which kits are/would good to make a long long time ago. I've wanted to get a runner kit for 4 years now. I can't get into anymore detail in the forum because if it gets on the topic of us selling stuff the mods will kick me off.

When I come across these crazy cars on auctions or Japanese websites I post them here because 9/10 times no one here has seen them, and they are very popular threads. Also I want to get one of these cars for myself so I'm always looking at Soarers, sometimes I come across something crazy like this beast and I'll post it. For this car I am biased because I'de probably make the kit that I want for my personal car first (once/if I get one) regardless of the response.

If I was on another forum about volkswagen beeltes or a different car I didn't know about you'de be right though.

Last edited by raceonusa; 07-17-07 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-17-07, 08:24 PM
ramblux
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sly Guy Yu
that car is rediculously stupid. That kit is sporty, and yet he puts bags on it. rims are ugly, paint is ugly, holy crap, i wanna sell my cars cause all these idiots dont have taste.

I don't see bags. Pics?

And bags can be set up to perform. I go to Air Ride Technologies Street Challenge every year and all of the cars racing are on bags. I've even drifted ART's cars on the track. It's all in the setup.
Old 07-17-07, 09:27 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ramblux
I don't see bags. Pics?

And bags can be set up to perform. I go to Air Ride Technologies Street Challenge every year and all of the cars racing are on bags. I've even drifted ART's cars on the track. It's all in the setup.
"all of the cars racing are on bags." is like playing basketball w/ a ton of fat kids and saying u perform well.

Cars that drift, cant grip, and therefore does not perform well.
Old 07-18-07, 12:29 AM
Boostedhat
Rookie

bring out the fishing poles, lets get in the bass boat.
Old 07-18-07, 02:37 AM
Teflon Don
Rookie

not a fan of wide kits, nor flash paint jobs. Respect to the work though.
Old 07-18-07, 03:19 AM
ramblux
Rookie

"all of the cars racing are on bags." is like playing basketball w/ a ton of fat kids and saying u perform well.

Cars that drift, cant grip, and therefore does not perform well.
I assume that you're talking from experience?

And I guess I'll tell Tyler McQuarrie to give back the trophy he got when he broke the time attack record at Buttonwillow in the JIC drift S15. The only change made was to put R-compound tires on it. Not even camber changes were made. And I guess I also must have been doing things all wrong when I drove KAAZ's drift car at WSIR and it somehow didn't drift.

Cars don't drift completely on their own. It takes driver input. Cars with bags can handle extremely well when installed with the intent to handle (ie., sway bars, shocks, etc.). Your point is moot since I'm sure you haven't driven a bagged car on a racetrack. I have, along with tons of "conventional" suspension race cars. I think you're not taking into consideration that bags basically give you an adjustable, progressive spring rate.

You still haven't backed up your statement that the car has bags either. All I asked for was a pic so I could check it out and you got all defensive.
Old 07-18-07, 03:43 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the 1jz and the rims....

I just saw a wide body soarer at Formula D this past weekend...no like

but if you like it...Go for it!! your money/car/time
Old 07-19-07, 09:02 AM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ramblux
I assume that you're talking from experience?

And I guess I'll tell Tyler McQuarrie to give back the trophy he got when he broke the time attack record at Buttonwillow in the JIC drift S15. The only change made was to put R-compound tires on it. Not even camber changes were made. And I guess I also must have been doing things all wrong when I drove KAAZ's drift car at WSIR and it somehow didn't drift.

Cars don't drift completely on their own. It takes driver input. Cars with bags can handle extremely well when installed with the intent to handle (ie., sway bars, shocks, etc.). Your point is moot since I'm sure you haven't driven a bagged car on a racetrack. I have, along with tons of "conventional" suspension race cars. I think you're not taking into consideration that bags basically give you an adjustable, progressive spring rate.

You still haven't backed up your statement that the car has bags either. All I asked for was a pic so I could check it out and you got all defensive.
Getting the track record at a "redline Time Attack" isnt the same as getting a track record at button willow. Tyler is lucky that sofronas wasnt there w/ his gt3. WOW U DROVE A DRIFT CAR AND DIDNT DRIFT IT YAY!!!! U sir deserve a delicous pastry.

use deductive reasoning to find out this car has bags. Im not gonna look in this thread anymore, ur retarded.
Old 07-19-07, 11:04 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Is this Hondatech cause all the *****ing is making me wonder if I logged on to the wrong site.
Old 07-19-07, 11:10 AM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
Is this Hondatech cause all the *****ing is making me wonder if I logged on to the wrong site.
hahahaha..... lmao. i had the same thoughts
Old 07-19-07, 11:13 AM
ramblux
Rookie

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
Seriously. I asked a simple (and honest) question, made a small argument based on my actual track experiences (I get paid to do it, so I'd like to think that I know what I'm talking about), and I get attacked by a guy who puts tape on the front end of his car so faster cars won't chip the paint of his "race car". <---Haha, see what I did? I acted just like him!

I'll end it there unless he wants to make an intelligent argument instead of making childish jabs.
Old 07-19-07, 11:16 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Getting the track record at a "redline Time Attack" isnt the same as getting a track record at button willow. Tyler is lucky that sofronas wasnt there w/ his gt3. WOW U DROVE A DRIFT CAR AND DIDNT DRIFT IT YAY!!!! U sir deserve a delicous pastry.

use deductive reasoning to find out this car has bags. Im not gonna look in this thread anymore, ur retarded.
do you honestly think that everyone with sc is going to drift? I personally preffer to go straight and i think the sc is great for it and it has been proven. It handles pretty decently too around corners. Its all about what you preffer. I find drifting stupid as ****, so what? you might find dragracing retarded, you not hurting my feelings. The point is Bags do perform around the road course it has been proven time and time again. Just because you think a bagged car is soposed to have bling bling,tvs and playstations in it dosent mean thats how it actaully is.

Quick Reply: orange flake / black top / runner wide body + vertex + bn hood