SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Bippu Garage LED Tails

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 09:09 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bippu Garage LED Tails

I was browsing through Bippu Garage's great site. I came across the "LED Taillight" section and noticed that they do custom work on the SCs tailights. Now, my question is..Has anyone sent in their 97 tails for some work? Im very curious to see how they look. I want to get some fresh new 97 Tails and might want to get this done if it looks good. Here are a pair of 95-96 tails they've done..

Last edited by JspecSC3; 07-17-07 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-17-07, 09:12 PM
lexus_tt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey jspec, what is their website so i can check em out?
Old 07-17-07, 09:31 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

they look pretty good
Old 07-17-07, 09:59 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those look like 95-96 Tails, and they look great.

After my former tail surgery, I am definitely considering stepping it up a notch, teaching myself the necessary wiring skills, and making the LED's more prominant to look something like what you have posted.
Old 07-17-07, 10:06 PM
blisiono
Lexus Test Driver

i don't really like them. there's too many LEDs, but if there was something in between the LED and the housing to soften the light a bit, i think it'll look much better.
Old 07-17-07, 10:11 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

The problem is that these were not designed for led's so they do not radiate properly. They just fire light straight backwards and do not disperse it evenly. OEM led tails in newer vehicles have mirrored spreaders inside that radiate the light 360 degrees properly.

That was one of the reasons I never built the LED tails any further than one set. They are dangerous because they only focus light in one area. If you are just 20 steps to the right of the tail light you can hardly tell they are on at night aside of the glow on the glass itself rather than the usual burst of light coming out in all directions, in the daytime unless you are directly behind them the car near you, possibly in the lane right next to you getting ready to change lanes behind you, they will never see you hit your brakes. Even a small change in the actual pitch of the car will point them up or down and take the light away from your focus point and you'll never see them hit the brakes in the daytime.
Old 07-18-07, 01:29 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

these ones look okay i guess..but i found some better looking ones that look like they actually radiate a whole lot better..but dang! they sure are expensive..but they would improve the update of our cars quite a bit i think
clearcorners has some pretty clean ones
does anyone have these on their car? if i had this much spare money i would love to get these..these look soo clean

Last edited by pnyboy27; 07-18-07 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-18-07, 05:42 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
these ones look okay i guess..but i found some better looking ones that look like they actually radiate a whole lot better..but dang! they sure are expensive..but they would improve the update of our cars quite a bit i think
clearcorners has some pretty clean ones
does anyone have these on their car? if i had this much spare money i would love to get these..these look soo clean
Deron has them, but he has had problems with LED's burning out. Awful expensive for such a mod...$2,700 for the set, and you provide the tails...

Ouch.

Ryan
Old 07-18-07, 05:51 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

clearcorners price is ridiculous, i would expect perfect set of tails, and if just one burnt out, i'd want my money back AND a new set of tails.
Old 07-18-07, 06:11 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

I've seen those pictures on Yahoo auction japan. Is this bippu garage or whatever located in japan?
Old 07-18-07, 06:13 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Those are nice.........
Old 07-18-07, 03:05 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Deron has them, but he has had problems with LED's burning out. Awful expensive for such a mod...$2,700 for the set, and you provide the tails...

Ouch.

Ryan
freal? that kinda sux..arent leds supposed to last like forever too? but yea..they are hella expensive..but look clean as hell
Old 07-18-07, 03:11 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT

Ouch.

Ryan
Not much is worth $2,700… Those tails are DEFINITELY on the list of things not worth buying.
Old 07-18-07, 03:30 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

looks like somebody who got real bored of their OE tails and just threw a bunch of led's inside. They look crazy but has no taste, they're just led tail lights, doesn't make them nice. Just my opinion.
Old 07-19-07, 07:14 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
The problem is that these were not designed for led's so they do not radiate properly. They just fire light straight backwards and do not disperse it evenly. OEM led tails in newer vehicles have mirrored spreaders inside that radiate the light 360 degrees properly.

That was one of the reasons I never built the LED tails any further than one set. They are dangerous because they only focus light in one area. If you are just 20 steps to the right of the tail light you can hardly tell they are on at night aside of the glow on the glass itself rather than the usual burst of light coming out in all directions, in the daytime unless you are directly behind them the car near you, possibly in the lane right next to you getting ready to change lanes behind you, they will never see you hit your brakes. Even a small change in the actual pitch of the car will point them up or down and take the light away from your focus point and you'll never see them hit the brakes in the daytime.

Do you thnk if you used superflux leds it would radiate good?

Quick Reply: Bippu Garage LED Tails