SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Before and after....my first sc 300...WRECKED.... BEWARE...SAD SIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 06:38 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn..you got lucky, but good thing you are ok..
Old 07-19-07, 07:02 PM
ProjectLex
Lead Lap

Just be glad you're ok and walked away from a mess like that

I actually like seeing pictures like this. Not because a great car got wrecked, but because you look at what a mangled mess of metal it became and then consider the fact that you walked away from it. Cabin integrity.

These are great cars.

I'll safe the sadness for when it's my own (knock on wood)

Glad you're OK
Old 07-19-07, 08:09 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

No joke! You hit a tree at 85 mph in 80+/-% of cars on the road today your dead, even if you hit it on the passenger side. Drive more careful next time! Glad you are O.K.
Old 07-19-07, 08:17 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soarinhigh
so. to answer everyones questions.... no there was nobody else in the car, if there was, the cop said they would probly be dead. This happened way back in october on the 22nd. 7 days after my birthday. Everything is all said and done and I already have a new car which i also posted up pictures of.
Those of you wondering............
I was going about 100 mph into a hard right turn and when the *** end came around I thought I had it but my wheel caught the edge of the road. It threw me into the ditch and I tried to pull out but couldn't. I jumped a driveway squeezing between some heavily reinforced mailboxes and a group of trees. I then proceeded to hit one lonely tree and went from about 75-80 mph to 0mph instantly. I was feeling fine, just shook up. I actually got to go home, no hospital ride for me. I felt like **** for about 3 weeks and spent a lot of time at the chiropractor. I was really sad. My tow receipt says "Lexus Soarer" lol.
I didn't even get a ticket.

Wowwww thats a gnarly crash! Im glad to see you made it without any serious injuries. I wish I can say the same for your 5speed. I hope you take it easy next time. Doing 100mph out here in parts of Cali and getting into a wreck like that means one thing..Felony.
Old 07-19-07, 08:39 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So did you keep it to take the manual tranny in it just in case you only found a auto sc300? or did aliga buy it? he likes to do that.
Old 07-19-07, 11:40 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

more like these and soon our cars are gonna be VERY rare
Old 07-21-07, 10:10 AM
Kahuna9889
Driver School Candidate

I just recently had a wreck somewhat similar to this. Except i was on the highway only doing about 80 when i swerved thru traffic but caught the median with my driver side tires and the back end of my car slid out from underneath me. Once you catch the grass at high speeds your f***ed. Also instead of hitting a tree i hit the ditch hard enough that it flipped me and then i rolled 3 times. This happened in my 97 Honda Prelude just a couple weeks ago. I had two other friends in the car and they walked away untouched while me on the other hand had a big gash on the top of my head. Went to the trauma center and now im making a good recovery. Im now in the market looking for a nice SC. They look bigger and safer and more luxurious. lol
Old 07-21-07, 10:14 AM
Kahuna9889
Driver School Candidate

Heres some pics if these links work.
\
Old 07-21-07, 12:19 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

I love these cars, and imagine the cars are over a decade old, I wanna see someone crash a 93 into a tree and hope to survive.

Part it out.....lool
Old 10-22-07, 07:27 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

Well....today is the one year anniversary of my accident. I am feeling really bummed. I don't really know why because I have another SC and I love it so much. I gues all of the memories are just flowing back and it upsets me. I drove the route on which I crashed last night for the first time and I almost hyper-ventilated. It was so nerve racking. I really don't want to live in fear of the road I wrecked on. I miss my old car...she was so beautiful.
Old 10-22-07, 08:40 AM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

fall down seven times, stand up eight. You'll get used to the new one man, just think of that road as a guy that beat you up a year ago, now you've got a new couple of fists, go tear it up.
Old 10-22-07, 09:24 AM
Blk97SC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soarinhigh
Well....today is the one year anniversary of my accident. I am feeling really bummed. I don't really know why because I have another SC and I love it so much. I gues all of the memories are just flowing back and it upsets me. I drove the route on which I crashed last night for the first time and I almost hyper-ventilated. It was so nerve racking. I really don't want to live in fear of the road I wrecked on. I miss my old car...she was so beautiful.
Get over it, it's only a machine. It's already been replaced. Cars can be replaced. Lives cannot.

Just be happy you're alive and well- especially considering u smacked a tree at 80+mph. Live and learn- hopefully you don't make the same (potentially fatal) mistake again.
Old 10-22-07, 10:17 AM
balutsc300
Lead Lap

whoah....glad your ok
Old 10-22-07, 11:04 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa man, glad you are alright, just trying to go for a spirited drive eh? Well at least be careful!!
Old 10-22-07, 02:38 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

wow.. that is bad and makes me pretty sad to see a clean sc like that get smacked... im glad you made it out ok.. but what made you think going 100mph into a turn with the stock suspension you had was going be easy o_O? take it easy next time these cars are rare and we cant afford to lose more ones like this =(

Quick Reply: Before and after....my first sc 300...WRECKED.... BEWARE...SAD SIGHT