SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Bulitt Wheels on an SC?
Probably pretty cool
29.32%
Not to sure, but I'd be interested to see
28.27%
Is going to look completely retarded and should never be brought up again
42.41%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think, Mustang bulitt wheels on an SC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-07, 03:53 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by habitat
I was told a while back that these rims are called "Daisy" rims... I'm not backing this claim but it might help you with your decision. Although I basically voted NO, I still say they look much better than the MKIV supra rims everyone is throwing on their car. If you can get those for a cheap price and if they are nice and thick in the rear, I say why not?
they are called craiger SS wheels
Old 07-27-07, 06:41 PM
JohnnyB822
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
If you put them on and didnt tell people they were Mustang wheels then more people would like them.
i think i will disagree with that because i think those mustang wheels are very distiquishable, i think the wheels you have now look better. But I agree with YouLose, I think the G35 wheels look good but maybe the 19" split 5's they come with and no centercaps
Old 07-27-07, 07:00 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, when it comes to wheels, you ultimately should to do what you want to do. Short of the body of the vehicle itself, wheels have the most significant impact as to how a car is perceived.

A wheel decision is an opportunity for you to have a big say in how your car looks. I would pool every alter ego inside of you to make sure that you will be happy with whatever decision you make.

Personally, I have never liked this particular variety of Mustang wheel. This has nothing to do with the fact that they are on a Mustang. I do like the five spoke design, but this particular style is too eccentric for my tastes.

However, if you like the wheels, go with them.

-----------------------------
An aside on this topic:
I see guys driving around with big fat chrome Dubs on their car, and when you shoot them a glance, you can tell that the wheels make them uncomfortable. You can tell that they wished they had a shovel so that they could dig themselves a hole and crawl in it. Clearly, they made the decision to buy their rims for a reason other than that they liked the rims.

I see others on big fat Dub rims seemlingly loving love, or at least functioning normally without any external stress from the attention that their rims are getting. Clearly, this person is comfortable with their wheel decision.

I would much rather be the second person than the first.

The first mod for my car other than a BFI was 19" SSR's. The wheels made me uncomfortable driving my car for six months. I loved the wheels in the showroom; but, once they were on my car, it was a different story. Now that I am on Supra TT Wheels, all of that sentiment is gone. I have found the right wheels for MY car.

If you think these are the right wheels for your car, buy them.
Old 07-28-07, 07:27 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

^ Damn, I didn't know you got rid of the SSR's, I thought they looked quite nice.

The style of wheel posted isn't something I'd go for but if it's you, then rock it!
Old 07-28-07, 11:17 AM
ProjectLex
Lead Lap

I know many of us have been tempted by this because of the identical bolt pattern. DON'T GIVE INTO TEMPTATION!

Mustang wheels are not your friend. That's just blasphemy. I don't hate a lot, but I would laugh my a$$ off at an SC owner with Stang wheels.

Just say "no"!

There's a lot of other nice wheels for our cars.
Old 07-28-07, 02:27 PM
kevro
Pole Position

go for it, take all the money you save on wheels and spend it on engine, all the idiots driving around 3000 dollar civics with 2000 dollar wheels will be talking ish from a long way behind you then. I personally found a steal on a set of g35 wheels (19" volks) they were about 400 cheaper than a set of off brand 18 inch staggered and they are a forged set of volks. i dont care what anyone says. i love them. i dont have to tiptoe over speed bumps in my soft crap *** aftermarket wheels.
Old 07-28-07, 03:38 PM
atxishome
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I personally laughed my a$$ off the other day when I saw a Camaro on these very rims....
Old 07-28-07, 03:41 PM
sc30015
Driver

i think that the cobra wheels look good on the black one. would like them better if the were not chrome.
Old 07-29-07, 04:49 AM
Chawk60
Pole Position

Dude, if you like them...go for it. You are the guy who has to live with looking at them everyday. If everyone looks at you like you are the biggest moron/looser/eediot ever or you don't love them every time you walk up to your car, then you have your answer.

At least they are not those loud, fake chrome-plated, pie-pan, 22" bling rims...

Disclaimer: Sorry, that comment slipped out for everyone I just offended, who loves that style of rim. However the initial post statement above applies to them as well. This public service announcement has been brought to you by.....
Old 07-29-07, 03:01 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawk60

At least they are not those loud, fake chrome-plated, pie-pan, 22" bling rims...

Disclaimer: Sorry, that comment slipped out for everyone I just offended, who loves that style of rim. However the initial post statement above applies to them as well. This public service announcement has been brought to you by.....
you sirhave a very good sense of humor, im thinking about the saleen wheels pictured on the black car on the last page, i really like those, if only they had a deep lip i would be in love
Old 07-29-07, 06:12 PM
stock_sc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry guys i havent said anything so far. i was out of town. unfortunately my car is super dirty from my road trip to memphis. soo ill take pics soon sometime this week i hope. as for the rims i know everyone is thinking they are 18's but no they are 17's. i bought these rims because well they looked nice and the price was kinda hard to pass up. they were 460 shipped.
Old 07-30-07, 06:50 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

ya, they have some damn good prices for these very rims on ebay, 18 staggered 9/10" for $450 ish + $89 shipping. im selling my wheels now for a set cause i want something different and i think theyll look good
Old 07-30-07, 06:58 PM
ProjectLex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stock_sc
i bought these rims because well they looked nice and the price was kinda hard to pass up. they were 460 shipped.
I regress. If they are such a great deal and can't be passed up just because they are Mustang wheels, GO FOR IT! $ talks.

I love great deals more than I hate Mustang wheels on an SC.
Old 07-30-07, 07:18 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Originally Posted by ProjectLex
I love great deals more than I hate Mustang wheels on an SC.
lol ya, and i wouldnt have ever considered them if it hadnt been for the picture on the other page, also knowing that those wheels are 17's is nice because i know mine will look a bit bigger since im going with 18's
Old 08-02-07, 03:34 PM
ramblux
Rookie

Originally Posted by MDSC
they are called craiger SS wheels

No, Cragar is not only a different company, but the wheels are completely different. They're not "daisy" wheels either -- those are made by American Racing.

I say that, in the end, you are the one who has to live with your car. I put Mustang wheels on my old Q45. A lot of people liked it, a lot didn't. Oh well, didn't bother me any.

Quick Reply: What do you think, Mustang bulitt wheels on an SC?