SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC vs. Corvette!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-01, 04:32 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SC vs. Corvette!!

I know a guy who wants to race his 96 Corvette against my SC. I happen to like Corvette’s so I’m not trying to create a thread to bash them! Here’s what I’ll have by the time we race:

93 SC300 5-Speed, Zex 75hp NOS kit, Full Aftermarked Catback exhaust and intake, aftermarked spark plugs, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra high performance tires, and aerodynamic spoiler.

His: 96 Corvette with Automatic trans, and it is completely stock!

Please let me know what you think my chances are. If I need to move from the ¼ to the ½ mile, I will. Also, is there any suggestions in the $2-5 hundred range that I could to increase my chances and just for a nicer performance set up. Thanks!
Old 12-28-01, 04:44 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

Apexi S-AFC----just over $300...could add a good bit of HP if tuned right.
Dual electric fans---just over $60...supposed to add around 8-10 hp
Old 12-29-01, 02:46 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It'll be really really close

If you can get a good launch on him, you should take him. As long as he doesn't have a TC

I have a friend with a 96 C4 auto; he had a TC and ran a 13.3 @ 103mph
Old 12-29-01, 10:11 PM
MattZeeTerror
Driver School Candidate

Hey, check out my site.. I can get you safc and most anything else you could want. Just let me know what you want. Here is a link the our electronic page that list stuff like safc's
http://www.no-limit-enterprises.com/...?UCIDs=1062494
Old 12-29-01, 10:13 PM
MattZeeTerror
Driver School Candidate

Oh ya, you will blow him out of the water bro. The auto c4 vette without performance tires (nitto drag radials ect) and tc they wont run anyting lower the mid 13s.. normally low 14s.
Old 12-30-01, 09:05 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I'll just out the link and let you know by email Matt. I'll also post the results right after I take the vette!
Old 12-30-01, 10:12 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evo, here's the best dollar-for-dollar part anyone can recommend to you. Spend $3, get yourself an awl, puncture one of the Vette's rear tyres, that's the only way you'll win. First of all, everyone has a different definition of stock, to me it means anything that's in there that you can't find, it's stock. If he has an itch to run you, rest assured he's got a couple of tricks up his sleeve, no matter how well you think you know him. I may be wrong, but experience tells me i'm right. That being said, i'm not knocking the SC3 whatsoever, and the 2JZ runs great on juice, and can handle a whole lot more than a 75 shot with enough fuel, but the LT1 is a rippin' motor, lots of torque and plenty of power up top too. What clutch are you using with the hit? Good luck, believe me i'm rootin' for ya, but let us know after he beats you.
Old 12-31-01, 04:38 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SC vs. Corvette!!

I'm thinking you'll just be seeing the back of his car. I had my car with mostly that setup....Zex 75shot, catback exhaust, apex'i s-afc, etc. No way would I fry a vette like that, especially one with the auto. They just launch too well

On another note, the Zex stuff says you have to retard timing 4deg to use the 75shot....that's bull***t. I was running stock timing, and sometimes advanced a couple degrees. I'd say stock timing would be safe tho, don't advance it in real-world scenarios with nitrous.

SR

Originally posted by EvoTuned
I know a guy who wants to race his 96 Corvette against my SC. I happen to like Corvette’s so I’m not trying to create a thread to bash them! Here’s what I’ll have by the time we race:

93 SC300 5-Speed, Zex 75hp NOS kit, Full Aftermarked Catback exhaust and intake, aftermarked spark plugs, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra high performance tires, and aerodynamic spoiler.

Please let me know what you think my chances are. If I need to move from the ¼ to the ½ mile, I will. Also, is there any suggestions in the $2-5 hundred range that I could to increase my chances and just for a nicer performance set up. Thanks!
Old 12-31-01, 03:14 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't race, but I know what the vette can do

93 white SC400
93 Green SC400
88 Corvette, Z52, auto, red on red

Last edited by VQT; 01-02-02 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-31-01, 05:02 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

IMO and judging by comparisons to its replacement, the LT1 is a POS motor... its a truck motor and thats that...

against a 96 C4 auto IF he's stock you've got a chance with the spray... although I plan on running a 100hp shot and I'll be damned if I can't take a stock C4 auto... they aren't that fast... I killed quite a few in my 300zxTT VERY easily... the hp diff won't be that much... C4s put down about 275 to the ground... autos are about 265 I believe...

I still think it would be close.
Old 01-01-02, 09:50 PM
INXSREDSC300
Driver School Candidate

Talking interesting

Hmm that sounds close. I own both a 94 SC300 and a 02 Vette coupe. The vette is built for speed, SC is built for pimpin hehe. Everything about the vette is engineered for burning rubber lol.
Old 01-02-02, 05:26 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Evo, here's the best dollar-for-dollar part anyone can recommend to you. Spend $3, get yourself an awl, puncture one of the Vette's rear tyres, that's the only way you'll win. First of all, everyone has a different definition of stock, to me it means anything that's in there that you can't find, it's stock. If he has an itch to run you, rest assured he's got a couple of tricks up his sleeve, no matter how well you think you know him. I may be wrong, but experience tells me i'm right. That being said, i'm not knocking the SC3 whatsoever, and the 2JZ runs great on juice, and can handle a whole lot more than a 75 shot with enough fuel, but the LT1 is a rippin' motor, lots of torque and plenty of power up top too. What clutch are you using with the hit? Good luck, believe me i'm rootin' for ya, but let us know after he beats you.
Hey folks,

Screw the LT1, if its a 96', it can have the LT4. My neighbor has a 96' LT4 auto, and honest to god, bone stock, ran a 13.5 at the track- saw it myself. He droped on 315's on the back of his stock rims, and the best run he ever had was a 13.3 -

Not sure what Evo was running w/ his 75 shot, but use some of these #'s as a base line to see if you could win.

I like the corvette, most of my friends have tricked out C5's so I play around on them all the time. A tricked out vett is fast, a tricked out SC can be fast too. Both are great cars.

Good luck to you, Evo

Keith
Old 01-02-02, 07:10 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I know a guy who wants to race his 96 Corvette against my SC. I happen to like Corvette?s so I?m not trying to create a thread to bash them! Here?s what I?ll have by the time we race:

Well, judging from your "performance" list, go for it. Especally with that aerodynamic spoiler.

PS. Being sarcastic. Make sure you know what your car runs in 1/4 first.
Old 01-02-02, 07:14 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by MattZeeTerror
Hey, check out my site.. I can get you safc and most anything else you could want. Just let me know what you want. Here is a link the our electronic page that list stuff like safc's
http://www.no-limit-enterprises.com/...?UCIDs=1062494
I got my AFC for 309 bucks. Your price I is little high in my opinion.
Old 01-02-02, 10:27 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

yeah no doubt the LT4 can be a sweet motor; but its quite rare actually... the Grand Sports were the only ones to have it werent they? in 97 the C5 came out; and he doesn't have a prayer with one of those unless its an automatic convertible with a 2.59 rearend And even then the C5 would still have a big advantage

Quick Reply: SC vs. Corvette!!