SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I crashed my SC.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 12:34 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by juiSCee
so what does it mean if the trunk doesnt line up? why do you say buy a new 1?
Looks like bent frame. you can go to a body shop and have em fix it but its gonna cost ALLLLOOOOOOT someone crashed an s15 and needed it fixed cost alot to full the rear and replaced quarterpanels. and they had all the parts too. just labor is expensive. I used to hangout at my buddys shop all day learning stuff. trunk is off so obviosly the rear is tweaked.
Old 08-10-07, 01:09 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLovesc
Looks like bent frame. you can go to a body shop and have em fix it but its gonna cost ALLLLOOOOOOT someone crashed an s15 and needed it fixed cost alot to full the rear and replaced quarterpanels. and they had all the parts too. just labor is expensive. I used to hangout at my buddys shop all day learning stuff. trunk is off so obviosly the rear is tweaked.
so what you're saying is that you think it might not be worth it because of the expense, but it can be fixed? as for as the car itself, like handling and the way the car drives, would it drive good, or not? and if it wont, what would be the issue?
Old 08-10-07, 01:11 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

god damn drifters.
Old 08-10-07, 01:18 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Trunk doesnt even line up
DUH! The sheetmetal is bent. There is no frame back there, it is a UNIBODY CAR.

Straighten that thing out and drive it brother!
Old 08-10-07, 01:19 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sly Guy Yu
god damn drifters.
no drifting here, im a fan of it, but it wasnt what i was doing...
Old 08-10-07, 01:26 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by O. L. T.

how about if the frame has light damage in the front, right whr my radiator and condenser go, cus those suckers got pushed in a lil but, but didnt hit the engine or anything, matter of fact, barely touched my fan... just cant see it because of the bumper which i have been meaning to take off, maybe this weekend...
Old 08-10-07, 02:36 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by O. L. T.

No frame? haha ok they have to pull it still. and it wont even be straight the way its supposed to be. I think it would be cheaper to get a new one as opposed to getting everything fixed RIGHT
Old 08-10-07, 02:37 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

how about if the frame has light damage in the front, right whr my radiator and condenser go, cus those suckers got pushed in a lil but, but didnt hit the engine or anything, matter of fact, barely touched my fan... just cant see it because of the bumper which i have been meaning to take off, maybe this weekend...
The front is no porb. prolly new core support or something easier to pull or replace the front if its bent. the back is allways a hassle
Old 08-10-07, 02:43 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

The front is no porb. prolly new core support or something easier to pull or replace the front if its bent. the back is allways a hassle
i dont know to much about that stuff but i was more concerned about the back, to be honest. what about this whole cutting out the quarter panel and getting another welded on there?
Old 08-10-07, 02:53 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

i dont know to much about that stuff but i was more concerned about the back, to be honest. what about this whole cutting out the quarter panel and getting another welded on there?
Front is easy depending on how bad you can pull yourself with a ratcheting tow rope and a tree or pole. The back ehhh. like say it were just a dent its easy. but just dents wont throw your trunk off liek that. gotta pull that ish to make it straight. then the trunk can like back up. but i doubt it will be back to normal perfect. Just my opinion from previous experience. ive hit suiff and made dents on a sc quarter panel and it never threw the trunk or any other body parts out of alignment

Last edited by BLovesc; 08-17-07 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-10-07, 04:07 PM
1JZ300
Lexus Test Driver

sad to see a fellow sc go down, sorry to see it bro
Old 08-11-07, 01:19 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1JZ300
sad to see a fellow sc go down, sorry to see it bro
Thanx bro, and to all the other CL fellas, thanx for your support... was feeling pretty bummed out for a while...
Old 08-11-07, 03:10 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Well, it's still driveable and reliable transportation so at least that's good. I'm very sorry about your accident. Don't worry, only thing is that quarter panel, which will just take some extra time to find the best method for it to be fix. The front and rear bumper can be easily replaced, even with '97+ parts if you wanted. I would call some local junkyards. Some even have Web sites. I wish you could somehow get insurance to pay for it. Those insurance companies have too much (of my) money anyway.
Old 08-12-07, 09:48 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

get a new 1/4 panel, cut off the old one. slap on the new one, check for trunk alignment, hold it up with glue, spotweld. mud the seams and welds. seamseal the *****, prime, prep and paint. good as new.
Old 08-13-07, 06:02 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SC400-95
Well, it's still driveable and reliable transportation so at least that's good. I'm very sorry about your accident. Don't worry, only thing is that quarter panel, which will just take some extra time to find the best method for it to be fix. The front and rear bumper can be easily replaced, even with '97+ parts if you wanted. I would call some local junkyards. Some even have Web sites. I wish you could somehow get insurance to pay for it. Those insurance companies have too much (of my) money anyway.

thanx man. yeah, still trying to figure out that quarter panel. it doesnt look that bad to me for it to be replaced, i had a guy from 1 shop come look at it and he said it was fixable. as for the bumpers, i would defenitely prefer to get the 97+ if i can come across some, if not, then anything will do for now! lol! yeah, i wish there was a way for the insurance to fix it myself. problem was i was trying to save some $ w/ liability because being Young+Male+luxury sports car(thats what my insurance considers my car)= really expensive rates in Los Angeles!

Quick Reply: I crashed my SC.....