SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I crashed my SC.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-07, 02:40 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I crashed my SC.....

Damn guys, I crashed my SC last week! i had just got back from a short vacation and I guess I too excited to get back to driving her!! I had just washed her and filled up the tank! i was driving on a looped on ramp when the back whipped out on me. i tried to counter steer but it was too late. the car spun around and hit the high *** curb with the front and then with the spinning momentum, hit the back aswell. front rim is busted and rear rim is bent! i dont know if any has had this kind of damage on their sc before... i was reading through some threads and i read that once its been crashed, its never the same... i was wondering if this true and if so, why is that! Im planning on fixing her. my engine and drivetrain are all in good condition, i barely hit 56K miles on her that same day... i dont know what to do guys....!! Ive been really bummed out since!!

here are some pics of the damage....

you really cant see the front damage in the pics because of the front bumper, been meaning to take it off. but i have some damage to my AC condenser and my radiator... the control arms look good but i think i will also been needing a new steering rac. any info would be helpful, thanks in advanced
Old 08-08-07, 02:49 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sorry to hear that but unless you got someone that does cheap body work, the car is pretty much a total loss.
Old 08-08-07, 02:51 PM
Member1115
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm sure you can get it to bounce right back to shape if you take it to the right place. Important thing I guess is that you (and your passengers if any) werent injured.
Old 08-08-07, 03:02 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It could be a lot worse. Hit up Aliga for new bumpers, pick up some new wheels, and get the rear quarterpanel fixed and she should be good to go.

Just trying to look on the bright side.
Old 08-08-07, 03:02 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Ouch. That rear quarter panel does not look repairable unless you find a new one. Sorry to hear your misfortune.
Old 08-08-07, 03:15 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 423 Likes on 296 Posts

sucks to hear but at least you're ok! how did it spin out on you? your tires look to be in good shape unless they are mounted backwards, or maybe you was speeding ...important thing is you're ok, GET IT FIXED or you'll regret it forever. That is a YOUNG car for a 93 @ only 56k miles, and wow is it CLEAN!!!!!
Old 08-08-07, 03:23 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the hit doesnt look healthy, find a junk yard that will cut out a rear quarter panel for you.

Bumpers shouldnt be expensive since the 92-95 are never in demand.

But it will need to sit on the frame machine so the trunk can sit back properly, I hope ur trunk hinges are not bent

Good Luck body work is not the expensive part its the paint, an easy 1 grand just for paint if not more
Old 08-08-07, 04:14 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

member1115: thanx bro, im trying to stay optimistic here!

Gunnar: cool... i will make a list of all the stuff im going to need...

Now is it true what Luxor said? that my back does not look repairable? ive read about some people getting the quarter cut out and replacing it, but their damage looked far worse...
Old 08-08-07, 04:17 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

I feel for you bro- I really do- I wish you the best of luck fixing her and dont take the easy way fix her right
Old 08-08-07, 04:19 PM
kevincao01
Pole Position

Glad that you're okay. Maybe this will give you a good reason to go 97+ refresh!
Old 08-08-07, 04:21 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
sucks to hear but at least you're ok! how did it spin out on you? your tires look to be in good shape unless they are mounted backwards, or maybe you was speeding ...important thing is you're ok, GET IT FIXED or you'll regret it forever. That is a YOUNG car for a 93 @ only 56k miles, and wow is it CLEAN!!!!!
yeah thanx man. tires arent mounted backwards... lol. ive taken the turn pretty fast before and havent had a problem, i dunno if i was going that much faster this time around.... i was on the carpool lane to the frwy on ramp and passed a truck... dunno if it might have been because i took the turn wider than usual... it all happened so quick man... yeah bro, the fact that the car is YOUNG like you said, is the reason why i want to fix it... thanx for the compliment on it being clean, even though its not as clean anymore, i posted up some pix of her on the NEWBS thread, incase you care to check them out....
Old 08-08-07, 04:27 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

iasc300:thanx bro for the luck... thats exactly what i want to do, fix her right... even if its a bit more on the pocket, it should all be worth it....

kevincao01: thanx man, nothing happened to me, though my gf was the passenger and she hurt her head!! i was freaking out man, but she is fine now... i feel really bad though... as for the car, i wanted to go with the 97+ look since before but like you said, at least now i have a reason
Old 08-08-07, 04:53 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you're alright though.
Old 08-08-07, 04:59 PM
DY3VERSITY
Lexus Test Driver

Ah, if only you didnt hit that rear quarter panel everything would be so much easier. =(
Old 08-08-07, 05:02 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rvaquino
Ah, if only you didnt hit that rear quarter panel everything would be so much easier. =(
yeah i know man... wish I could saved myself from this whole mess... if it were up to me, i wouldnt have hit neither the front or the rear

Quick Reply: I crashed my SC.....