SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Newbie But Glad To Be Here **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-07, 09:21 AM
theaznrock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie But Glad To Be Here **pics**

I just got my 1995 Lexus SC300 last night, pretty excited, but nothing can compare to the Supra I started out with.

1993.5 Toyota Supra N/A 187k immaculately kept

Lady ran a red light and I T-boned her, obviously car totaled, we haven't even gotten an offer from insurance yet.

My new 1995 SC300 MT all stock 109k

Trust me, I spent MANY hours researching the 2JZGE for the Supra, which is part of the reason why I bought the SC300. BPU's on their way!! (Blitz NurSpec, K&N intake, Titan crank pulley, maybe MVP Motorsports exhaust header?)

BTW, does anyone know of a good way to clean up headlight lenses? Mine are all oxidized and foggy, suggestions?
Thanks again, hope the SC community is a little more generous than the pompous bastard TT owners!
Old 08-22-07, 09:25 AM
dubstar
Pole Position

well, welcome to the club, car looks really clean. try using some of the Meguiars Plast-x cleaner on the headlights. a couple of times should work on them. good luck on the swap too, plenty of people here to help
Old 08-22-07, 09:34 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

welcome bro- sorry about the Supra - that girl was gorgeous- but welcome to the Lexus family and CL- also for the headlights try toothpaste- rub some on let it dry and buff off with a rag and water- if that doesnt do the trick- yea try Plast-x - oh and dont worry there are some pompous bastard sc owners here to so you should feel right at home-
Old 08-22-07, 09:54 AM
clevercat
Lead Lap

BTW, does anyone know of a good way to clean up headlight lenses? Mine are all oxidized and foggy, suggestions?
Thanks again, hope the SC community is a little more generous than the pompous bastard TT owners![/QUOTE]

Autozone sells the light buffing kit.

I bet you will like your SC better than Supra N/A once you get used to the handling. Less noise!
Old 08-22-07, 10:07 AM
CDY
Pole Position

Nice find on the SC! I swear, every time I see a new SC on the boards I feel like I got screwed - they all look better than mine! Anyway, I cleaned my headlights by using a few coats of rubbing compound (don't let it get on your paint) followed by a few coats of Meguiar's PlastX... I'll let you compare the headlights (cleaned) to the fogs (not cleaned) - the high beams are brand new
Attached Thumbnails Newbie But Glad To Be Here **pics**-headlights.jpg  
Old 08-22-07, 10:19 AM
Duckness
Lead Lap

such a shame what happen to the supra. gl on the sc.
Old 08-22-07, 10:34 AM
sc30015
Driver

man i hate to see that happen to the supra, i love those cars, but awsome pick up on the lexus!
Old 08-22-07, 11:05 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Dang sorry to hear about the Supra! Hope everything turns out alright for ya. Welcome to CL though! Remember to search for topics so that the mods don't burn you alive

PS... Your Supra's wheels would sell in an instant on this site for a good price
Old 08-22-07, 11:09 AM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

sorry on the supra, but congrats on the SC. And i think you should donate your supra wheels to me

lol or might as well throw em on the SC
Old 08-22-07, 11:59 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

awww poor supra =(, stupid lady, congrats on the sc, hehe save what you can on the supra =)
Old 08-22-07, 12:22 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

u could probably take a few things off of the supra and use them on ur sc, like ur rims, steering wheel, shocks/springs..or even sell them for more money so that u have more to spend on ur sc..haha. nice cars..both of them..very clean..love ur supra. and welcome to the club..i believe we're pretty nice here. we're pretty helpful to eachother. since ive been here, its been nothing but helpful. many of your questions most likely would be found using the search. a helpful little hint so that u wont get burnt alive. OLT did a thread on how to take apart the headlight and clean them out really well.
Old 08-22-07, 12:33 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That makes me so sad seeing that Supra! But yeah, you should definitely swap your wheels over at the very least if the Supra is going to be sent away.
Old 08-22-07, 12:35 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry to hear about your Supra...best of luck to you and your SC!

Oh, and welcome to Club Lexus
Old 08-22-07, 12:40 PM
JspKSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dubstar
well, welcome to the club, car looks really clean. try using some of the Meguiars Plast-x cleaner on the headlights. a couple of times should work on them. good luck on the swap too, plenty of people here to help
ive tried using the meguiars plast-x cleaner and it didnt really work... not as good as some other stuff ive used from the lexus dealership..and i also wetsanded the headlights.
Old 08-22-07, 12:44 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

ya, take your wheels and suspension and steering wheels and seats and who knows what else cause they will work on the SC and they will look better than stock

Quick Reply: Newbie But Glad To Be Here **pics**