AC system diagnostics?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-02, 03:59 PM
cupete
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC system diagnostics?

Hey guys!

How can I run the air-conditioning system diagnostics on SC400? I found something from FAQ about Toyota Soarers in australian Soarers site but it didn't work with my SC400.

Thanks,

Peter~
Old 01-05-02, 10:06 PM
stevenj
Driver School Candidate

Default A/C diagnostics

This should work for Lexus SC and he Soarer: When switching ignition ON push RECIRCULATION and AUTO buttons together and watch the LCD aircond. system screen normally used for temperature settings for a numerical code indicating the problem area. BTW, zero zero (00) means normal. First, all indicator lights will flash 4 times, then a buzzer beeps. When error codes are displayed a short while later, slower display (step mode by repeatedly pushing Fresh) can be activated by pushing FRESH. Hitting OFF stops the diagnostics.
The SC400 Repair Manual has in Volume 2, section AC exactly 141 pages devoted to trouble-shooting of the airconditioning system.
NOTE: You can clear the error codes by pulling out the DOME fuse (in the engine compartment fuse box) for 10 sec or more. Unless you fixed the problem first this would not achieve much, though.
Old 01-07-02, 10:38 AM
cupete
Pole Position

That's the exact instruction I used, it did not work on my SC. Are there any other instructions or am I doing it wrong?
Old 01-07-02, 11:39 PM
007lexus
Driver

Default Re: A/C diagnostics

Originally posted by stevenj
This should work for Lexus SC and he Soarer: When switching ignition ON push RECIRCULATION and AUTO buttons together and watch the LCD aircond. system screen normally used for temperature settings for a numerical code indicating the problem area. BTW, zero zero (00) means normal. First, all indicator lights will flash 4 times, then a buzzer beeps. When error codes are displayed a short while later, slower display (step mode by repeatedly pushing Fresh) can be activated by pushing FRESH. Hitting OFF stops the diagnostics.
The SC400 Repair Manual has in Volume 2, section AC exactly 141 pages devoted to trouble-shooting of the airconditioning system.
NOTE: You can clear the error codes by pulling out the DOME fuse (in the engine compartment fuse box) for 10 sec or more. Unless you fixed the problem first this would not achieve much, though.
Following your instructions I got a(21) code. What does this mean according to the manual?

thx