SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Supra seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-07, 10:26 AM
240sxer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra seat

Im still searching but need an answer quick then i can find, what do i do with the seat belt sensor and the plug for the electric seats? what do i splice? or...

please help, thanks.
Old 09-12-07, 04:00 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

i didn't check to see if it would fit, but i'm very sure you could just use the one that came w/ you're SC and bolt it onto the supra seat.
Old 09-12-07, 07:10 PM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

The seatbelt will work fine with the supra buckle. You just plug the harness into your existing harness. You will lose memory seats and the heated seats if you had those.

Sensor will work fine with plugged harness.
Old 09-13-07, 07:07 PM
240sxer
Pole Position

no... the plugs will NOT plug into each other.
Old 09-13-07, 08:28 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 240sxer
no... the plugs will NOT plug into each other.
Take a look at the main plug from the Supra seat and your car's seat harness. You should see two wires from the Supra seat and 6-8 from your car's seat harness.

The two wires from the Supra seat should correspond to two wires from your car's seat harness. The two wires that corresspond should be the largest of the two running from your car's seat harness.

You need to make the corresponding wires connect. You have a couple options:
(1) Cut both wires near the plug and strip the wire insulation back. Mate with a butt connector and cover with electrical tape. This is ghetto, but effective.

(2) Remove the pinned wires from the plug from both your stock seat and the Supra seat. Repin the two wires from the Supra seat into your SC's stock plug at the location that would allow the corresponding wires to mate. This is the most appropriate method.

Neither method is hard. The other handful of smaller wires from your car's seat harness are useless. Presumably they are for the memory seat control that is sacrificed by getting the Supra seats.

Also, I made the ill-advised decision of cutting the seat belt sensor wires instead of plugging them in appropriately. This left me with a seat belt dash warning light...until I promptly pulled the dash light for that warning light five minutes later.
Old 09-13-07, 08:51 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blizzy
Take a look at the main plug from the Supra seat and your car's seat harness. You should see two wires from the Supra seat and 6-8 from your car's seat harness.

The two wires from the Supra seat should correspond to two wires from your car's seat harness. The two wires that corresspond should be the largest of the two running from your car's seat harness.

You need to make the corresponding wires connect. You have a couple options:
(1) Cut both wires near the plug and strip the wire insulation back. Mate with a butt connector and cover with electrical tape. This is ghetto, but effective.

(2) Remove the pinned wires from the plug from both your stock seat and the Supra seat. Repin the two wires from the Supra seat into your SC's stock plug at the location that would allow the corresponding wires to mate. This is the most appropriate method.

Neither method is hard. The other handful of smaller wires from your car's seat harness are useless. Presumably they are for the memory seat control that is sacrificed by getting the Supra seats.

Also, I made the ill-advised decision of cutting the seat belt sensor wires instead of plugging them in appropriately. This left me with a seat belt dash warning light...until I promptly pulled the dash light for that warning light five minutes later.
Works like a charm, thats the way I did it....
Old 09-14-07, 01:22 PM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

^^ Weird, mine just snapped right in. What year is your SC and what year are the Supra seats?