Project Na-t SC300

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 04:18 AM
MZSC300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Na-t SC300

Well Hello,
I own a 1996 sc300. I have had it since January of 2006. Here in Southeast, Texas right where Hurrican Humberto hit. Bought it, had about 90,000 miles, now it has about 124,000 miles on it. My name is Michael. I lost m 03 corolla rest in peace, to an 18 wheeler... pictures on what it looked like on cardomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/637067 And Now here's what I have.

Mod List:

Exterior:
SEIBON OEM CF Hood
VIS OEM CF Trunk
Rolled Rear Fenders (Labor = priceless I did it)
9006 6000k HID Conversion Light
H1 3000k HID Golden Yellow Fogs
Wheels/Tires:
Sport Max 066 Annodized Black w/Red Lip
235-55 x 8.5 18" Front 2" lip
265-55 x 9.5 18" Rear 3" lip
Axxis - Brake Pad
Rotora - Rotors Drilled and Slotted

ICE:
4 10" JLW3
JL Clean Sweep CL441dsp
Audiobahn 2300HCT 4800watt x 2400RMS amp
Audiobahn Cap

Performance:
No tubro Yet (Next Project)
Magnaflow Exhaust Custom Piping (Resonator Taken Out)
Yellow Top Optima Battery

Future Mods: (in Order)

Na-T Turbonetics F-max Turbo Kit
3" Piping Exhaust for The Turbo possible ( JICMagic Twin Exhaust for
SC300)
AEM CPU
Engine Tunning Possible 8-10psi
LSD (Resaerchin on a Good Brand)

JIC Body Kit
Two Tone Paint Job Red on top Black on bottom. (Opposite of Rod
Millen's one off project IS400)

And Here is how it looks like now.

Hope You enjoy, if anyone has any suggestions on LSD message me...would love any input.

Thanks
Old 09-15-07, 06:46 AM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

(1) Put suspension on your list.

(2) Don't be scared to go with a thicker metal head gasket and run the boost deep into the teens, especially if you are looking to get an AEM. It will allow you to run more boost safely while making more power at the same time.

(3) I strongly suggest a Torsen LSD from the MKIV Supra for your slip protection. They are the most cost effective and daily-driveable of the LSD's (working on spider gears alone and not clutch plates). It will be more than sufficient for your goals. They are floating around Supraforums and the Club Lexus classifieds frequently.

(4) I can't say I am digging the style of the car, but if I had a car that looked like that, I would want it to be low (via coilovers or drop springs) and super fast. Personally, I would like your car much more if you were running 400whp through a T67.
Old 09-15-07, 07:43 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Is your trunk shut all the way?? It looks like it's bulging up on the passenger side....

Once you get it painted and slammed, it will look a lot better...great start though

Oh yeah, 4 subs is gangsta!!! Must be boomin' like a *****!
Old 09-15-07, 07:52 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The carbon fiber just looks out of place with that color, get it all painted the same and it'll be great.
Old 09-15-07, 08:05 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like you got some good plans, as Blizzy said go over the suspension first all the bushings etc then coilovers or springs. Looks like you got brakes done already.
Old 09-15-07, 08:36 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Originally Posted by MZSC300
Well Hello,
I own a 1996 sc300. I have had it since January of 2006. Here in Southeast, Texas right where Hurrican Humberto hit. Bought it, had about 90,000 miles, now it has about 124,000 miles on it. My name is Michael. I lost m 03 corolla rest in peace, to an 18 wheeler... pictures on what it looked like on cardomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/637067 And Now here's what I have.

Mod List:

Exterior:
SEIBON OEM CF Hood
VIS OEM CF Trunk
Rolled Rear Fenders (Labor = priceless I did it)
9006 6000k HID Conversion Light
H1 3000k HID Golden Yellow Fogs
Wheels/Tires:
Sport Max 066 Annodized Black w/Red Lip
235-55 x 8.5 18" Front 2" lip
265-55 x 9.5 18" Rear 3" lip
Axxis - Brake Pad
Rotora - Rotors Drilled and Slotted

ICE:
4 10" JLW3
JL Clean Sweep CL441dsp
Audiobahn 2300HCT 4800watt x 2400RMS amp
Audiobahn Cap

Performance:
No tubro Yet (Next Project)
Magnaflow Exhaust Custom Piping (Resonator Taken Out)
Yellow Top Optima Battery

Future Mods: (in Order)

Na-T Turbonetics F-max Turbo Kit
3" Piping Exhaust for The Turbo possible ( JICMagic Twin Exhaust for
SC300)
AEM CPU
Engine Tunning Possible 8-10psi
LSD (Resaerchin on a Good Brand)

JIC Body Kit
Two Tone Paint Job Red on top Black on bottom. (Opposite of Rod
Millen's one off project IS400)

And Here is how it looks like now.

Hope You enjoy, if anyone has any suggestions on LSD message me...would love any input.

Thanks

Hey, I just read that you are from Southeast Texas as well. Where are you located? I am in Port Arthur and I just recently picked up a 95 SC300 5 speed. You have a good starting point on the things that you want to do. It should look sweet once it is all said and done. Hit me up if you would like to meet up sometimes.
Old 09-15-07, 10:48 AM
MZSC300
Rookie

Yeha dude...I'm From Beaumont!!! Nice!!! We're like a town away from each other...we should meet up!!!
Old 09-15-07, 10:49 AM
MZSC300
Rookie

Originally Posted by Blizzy
(1) Put suspension on your list.

(2) Don't be scared to go with a thicker metal head gasket and run the boost deep into the teens, especially if you are looking to get an AEM. It will allow you to run more boost safely while making more power at the same time.

(3) I strongly suggest a Torsen LSD from the MKIV Supra for your slip protection. They are the most cost effective and daily-driveable of the LSD's (working on spider gears alone and not clutch plates). It will be more than sufficient for your goals. They are floating around Supraforums and the Club Lexus classifieds frequently.

(4) I can't say I am digging the style of the car, but if I had a car that looked like that, I would want it to be low (via coilovers or drop springs) and super fast. Personally, I would like your car much more if you were running 400whp through a T67.

Thanks for the info...I missed the suspension and dropped part... good idea ...I really do appretiate ya'lls comments.
Old 09-15-07, 10:53 AM
MZSC300
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
Is your trunk shut all the way?? It looks like it's bulging up on the passenger side....

Once you get it painted and slammed, it will look a lot better...great start though

Yeah my trunk "Latches" but it doesn't close all the way. I still have to work on that. For some reason being a carbon fiber trunk... it's light and it doesn't have that much wieght to keep the spring of the bar that connects the trunk and to the body flush...I have to some how either drill another hole in the middle to put pressure on that peice itself. I have tried putting washer and stuff to make it real tight and snug...but it doesn't help as much. It's what I have now...but before you could really tell that it wasn't flush. Any one in the Body department any tricks ? The hood fit perfectly the first time.
Old 09-15-07, 10:55 AM
MZSC300
Rookie

Yeah it does... my nose is always tingleing....friends of mine deson't like sitting on the rear seats...they say that they have to tell their body to breath...hehe
Old 09-15-07, 10:57 AM
MZSC300
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gunnar
The carbon fiber just looks out of place with that color, get it all painted the same and it'll be great.
I agree...but hey it's my daily drive...and I got to save up ...eventually everything will be all finished.
Old 09-15-07, 10:58 AM
MZSC300
Rookie

Originally Posted by cherplex
Sounds like you got some good plans, as Blizzy said go over the suspension first all the bushings etc then coilovers or springs. Looks like you got brakes done already.

Thanks for the info.
Old 09-15-07, 10:59 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MZSC300
Yeah my trunk "Latches" but it doesn't close all the way. I still have to work on that. For some reason being a carbon fiber trunk... it's light and it doesn't have that much wieght to keep the spring of the bar that connects the trunk and to the body flush...I have to some how either drill another hole in the middle to put pressure on that peice itself. I have tried putting washer and stuff to make it real tight and snug...but it doesn't help as much. It's what I have now...but before you could really tell that it wasn't flush. Any one in the Body department any tricks ? The hood fit perfectly the first time.

You trunk struts are still good I'm assuming. Trade with somebody here who has blown ones and that should help keep your trunk lid from arching....
Old 09-15-07, 11:07 AM
MZSC300
Rookie

You trunk struts are still good I'm assuming. Trade with somebody here who has blown ones and that should help keep your trunk lid from arching....

Hahaha...yeah...like on my hood...I took the struts off the front...because when I had it, it was archin bad. So I keep a baseball bat for security and to prop it up hehehe....well I was kinda looking for a solution that I wouldn'[t have to buy/trade anything...something that I can do...can't you tell I'm a DIY kind of person?
Old 09-15-07, 11:41 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

looks clean bro, just wondering where did you get your carbon fiber trunk and hood from? ive been searching for them just no luck getting it.

Quick Reply: Project Na-t SC300