SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Silver Spruce: Best looking custom wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 01:01 PM
cerberusM5
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Silver Spruce: Best looking custom wheels?

Hey guys,

I just picked up a Silver Spruce SC400 and want to lower the car and put on custom wheels.

I am considering either 18" or 19" applications, but probably 18", since I don't want to show off my the puny stock brakes.

I want the car to look sporty, aggressive and elegant at the same time. Chrome wheels are out. I personally like multi-piece wheels with a lip.

What do you guys think looks best on a Silver Spruce SC??

Please post pics you have them.

Thanks for your help
Old 09-16-07, 01:30 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love silver SCs! I think you should go with 18" or 19" silver w/ a thick polished lip. I really like mesh wheels w/ thick polished lips right now. I photoshopped some BBS LMs on my SC: Damn, I want them so bad! I will probably end up getting replicas, though, because they're so expensive.

Update: After looking at the exact color and a few pics posted and linked to, I think polished wheels would look nice, or if you prefer, chrome.

Last edited by SClean4; 09-16-07 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-16-07, 01:51 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cerberusM5
I am considering either 18" or 19" applications, but probably 18", since I don't want to show off my the puny stock brakes.

I want the car to look sporty, aggressive and elegant at the same time. Chrome wheels are out. I personally like multi-piece wheels with a lip.

What do you guys think looks best on a Silver Spruce SC??
JoshFSM has a similarly colored SC to yours. His car looks absurdly good on CCW Classics.

CCW Classics are definitely multi-piece with a lip. The 18's definitely look like 19's (optical illusion), and the brakes are not showcased since there are so many spokes. They are race-inspired and consequently very lightweight. Pricewise, they are competitive for 18" multi-piece at ~$6-700/wheel.

CCW Classics are inarguably beautiful on our cars: sporty, aggressive, and elegant.

Here are a couple threads with Josh's car (700++whp on a beastly motor). I would say scrap the 315's in the rear for 275's and you would retain more elegance than he did.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253668
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228039
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=239713
Old 09-16-07, 02:55 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe the cars mentioned above are the Platinum Metallic or Millenium Silver colors. The Silver Spruce color has more of a gray-bluish look to it. You can find some of them in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185968

You can also sift through the Official Wheel and Tire fitment thread stickied at the top of this forum.
Old 09-16-07, 03:23 PM
cerberusM5
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC400-95
I love silver SCs! I think you should go with 18" or 19" silver w/ a thick polished lip. I really like mesh wheels w/ thick polished lips right now. I photoshopped some BBS LMs on my SC: Damn, I want them so bad! I would probably end up getting replicas, though.
[/IMG]

BBS LM's are probably my overall favorite wheels on the planet. They looked great on my M5. However, maybe a bit too conservative on the SC in my opinion. However, your photoshopped car looks great. It would look even better with a drop. Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 09-16-07, 03:32 PM
cerberusM5
Rookie

Originally Posted by sc300max
I believe the cars mentioned above are the Platinum Metallic or Millenium Silver colors. The Silver Spruce color has more of a gray-bluish look to it. You can find some of them in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185968

You can also sift through the Official Wheel and Tire fitment thread stickied at the top of this forum.
I've looked at that thread, but none of those wheels really appealed to me.

Do you think Silver Spruce will be a difficult color to really find a great set of wheels for? Would black look out of place on these cars? Thanks
Old 09-16-07, 03:39 PM
cerberusM5
Rookie

Originally Posted by Blizzy
JoshFSM has a similarly colored SC to yours. His car looks absurdly good on CCW Classics.

CCW Classics are definitely multi-piece with a lip. The 18's definitely look like 19's (optical illusion), and the brakes are not showcased since there are so many spokes. They are race-inspired and consequently very lightweight. Pricewise, they are competitive for 18" multi-piece at ~$6-700/wheel.

CCW Classics are inarguably beautiful on our cars: sporty, aggressive, and elegant.

Here are a couple threads with Josh's car (700++whp on a beastly motor). I would say scrap the 315's in the rear for 275's and you would retain more elegance than he did.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253668
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228039
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=239713
The CCWs look hot on that SC.

However, will they look that good on a stock lowered SC that has a greenish bluish grayish silvery colored SC?
Old 09-16-07, 03:54 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, BBS Le Mans are pretty conservative, very classy and not particularly flashy, which is one reason I like them because I think the shiny, thick and circular lip compliments and emphasizes the SC's rounded design. New BBS LMs are a bit out of my price range, though, unless I can find some used ones on craigslist, eBay or a local junkyard. I might go with a variety of BBS Le Mans replicas, like Luff M1, CCW Classics, Work Rezax, Fikse FM, GTwerk LM, VMWERKS, Axis Supermesh, ALT Tangent, SSR Professor MS1, HRE 540, Kinesis K20. The problem I have with a lot of the replicas is that the lip is slightly less thick than BBS LMs, which the thick, shiny lip is the main reason I like this style of wheel. I also like BBS RS-style wheels, too.

With BBS LMs on the SC, it kind of looks a little like those older RX-7s with similar style OEM mesh BBS wheels.

After having flashy, five-spoke 17" wheels for several years on my previous car, my tastes have evolved from flashy to classy.

Last edited by SClean4; 09-16-07 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-16-07, 04:30 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one of the better ones I guess
Old 09-16-07, 04:33 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^looks great^^^
Old 09-16-07, 04:36 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
^^^looks great^^^
thanks bro
Old 09-16-07, 05:22 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I think the WORK VARIANZA T1-S would look great on your car, in Brushed Aluminum Finish.

Old 09-16-07, 06:19 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

what is the color code for silver spruce
Old 09-16-07, 06:23 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t70 supra
what is the color code for silver spruce
6M3 ...................
Old 09-16-07, 07:18 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

i think polished supra TT's look really good with that color, there is someone on here(cant remember who) that has them on a SSM and its slammed pretty low, i like the look alot

Quick Reply: Silver Spruce: Best looking custom wheels?