SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Weird window issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-07, 05:30 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird window issue

For some reason when it night time and or cool outside my driver's side window has a hard time going down unless I put some pressure on the back top part of it while going down, Cause sometimes it stops halfway. I tried cleaning the track with window clean and then putting silicone spray but the differences were minimal. During the day time when its warm outside the window goes down with barely any resistance. I also noticed that the window really speeds going down the last 4/5 of the way down and can make a loud slam if going down automatically.

Could this be the window regulator beginning to fail or something else. It has no problem at all going up, and the passenger side is perfect.

I searched on the window regular and that issue seems to be it makes a cracklin' noise, snaps and the window falls, but thats NOT my issue

thanks any help is much ppreciated.
Old 09-25-07, 10:14 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

anybody???
Old 09-25-07, 10:29 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW, word for word i have the exact same issue. Does your *if you have it* tint get messed up? Mine has. And yeah it happens at night time, for example tonight when i was leaving from work, it would start going down and about 3/4 way it slowed DRAMATICALLY and the part your arm rests on when the window is open starts to move towards me more and more as the window tries to go down. I stop it to avoid any issues or breaks. Its hard to pinpoint the issue, and I am planning to pull the door panel off sometime to see whats going on behind it.
Old 09-25-07, 11:44 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Yup exact same issue!!! Part of my tint has been scratched, because of this.
I'm sure somebody on here has answer for this.
Old 09-26-07, 02:08 AM
98SC400BLK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My driver side window does that. It open/closes extremely slow, especially past the half way point. Pushes out on the side trims like the window is trying to close inwards. I've been just putting off this issue since window still works but it must not be good.
Old 09-26-07, 05:20 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

A solution to this problem would be AMAZING. Bump
Old 09-28-07, 08:18 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jewcano
A solution to this problem would be AMAZING. Bump
I know!!! there has to be someone on here who knows what is happening
Old 09-30-07, 07:41 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Default this is how i fixed it!!!!

i had the same problem.my tint was all messed up and no matter how much i cleaned it after a while the problem would always come back...so i when o a tint shop and changed my tint and my problem to gone..for more then a week now
Old 09-30-07, 09:23 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

you guys should pull off the door panel and check to make sure everything is in the right place. might just need lube in the tracks. my driver window pushes on the door panel as it goes down but it works great. you might be on the verge of needing a new regulator. my passenger side did it for like six months then one day....POP...window wouldn't go back up.
Old 09-30-07, 12:19 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Originally Posted by Bkjasonp
i had the same problem.my tint was all messed up and no matter how much i cleaned it after a while the problem would always come back...so i when o a tint shop and changed my tint and my problem to gone..for more then a week now
I'll look into that DEFINATELY. Cause the tint would go inverted so i assume it might get caught on the track.
Old 10-01-07, 02:03 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

UPDATE: I stripped the tint off, got all the glue off the wndow also.....however the issue is still there *(the tint was dead anyway, so i just got rid of it).

I made a little recording of how it runs and if anyone can recognize this issue and give some input, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...t=MOV00983.flv
Old 10-14-07, 04:32 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

SOLUTION .

So basically i read up about it and i decided to take my tint off my window myself. I took it all off, and then cleaned the entire window down. Goo-gone and what not till it was silky smooth. You have to make sure there is no glue residue left anywhere. After doing this I applied another members suggestion and put some baby powder on a cloth, and applied it to the edge where the window touches the little seal that runs along the door. After a few tries up and down, it goes smoothly and there is absolutely no rubbing whatsoever .
Old 10-16-07, 10:25 AM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Thanks for the update, now I'm gonna try this
Old 10-29-07, 10:53 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

sorry to thread jack but my driver side window just went DOWN and never came back up. i used some needle nose pliers to grab the window and push it back up but it wont go all teh way up. if the window is up and i use the master switch to press it down it wont go down nor will it go up. and if it sits in the sun for a few hours the window will drop back down again. is this a window regulator problem?
Old 10-29-07, 11:18 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

completely different issue.

Quick Reply: Weird window issue