SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Where to find body kit pieces in US?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-07, 02:58 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Where to find body kit pieces in US?

Guys,

I have been trying to find a rear bumper and sides of certain bodykits in the US. Every website I find that sells just parts of a kit and doesn't make you buy the whole thing seems to be in Japan.

So basically my question is "Who in the US sells body kit pieces as opposed to making you buy the whole kit?

Right now I am open to any decent kit as long as it isn't Bomex or any other cheap crap...

Thanks,
Jonny
Old 09-25-07, 03:15 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

97+ factory pieces > anything but AC in my opinion
Old 09-26-07, 10:49 AM
TRDRacer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a bunch of places that sell good quality piece kits. Look on Ebay the Durakits are good quality cause the molds are taken of the original JIC Magic and Vertex body kits!

Also note that with all PFG kits there will be some shaving and maybe "Very slight chance with these kits from Raconusa" refibergalssing to fit the car! Overall my 2 friends had there real kits from Vertex taken and redone in the raceonusa duraflex material and they are crack free for for almost a year now! I talked to Raceonusa a while ago and they say they make molds of the real kits and do there best to have them the same quality in fitment as the originals for a fraction of the price! So just go look around! and tone of links for kits are posted by people on CL so use the search function!
Old 09-26-07, 11:09 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

he has 7000+ posts...im sure he knows how to use the search function, he doesnt want a cheap kit, and raceon's are all replicas...
Old 09-26-07, 11:21 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDRacer
There are a bunch of places that sell good quality piece kits. Look on Ebay the Durakits are good quality cause the molds are taken of the original JIC Magic and Vertex body kits!

Also note that with all PFG kits there will be some shaving and maybe "Very slight chance with these kits from Raconusa" refibergalssing to fit the car! Overall my 2 friends had there real kits from Vertex taken and redone in the raceonusa duraflex material and they are crack free for for almost a year now! I talked to Raceonusa a while ago and they say they make molds of the real kits and do there best to have them the same quality in fitment as the originals for a fraction of the price! So just go look around! and tone of links for kits are posted by people on CL so use the search function!
All the kits I have found that are <$2000 look like crap. I was looking at the AC but I have a perfectly good front bumper that I can use so was just wanting to put a kit together. Thanks for your help though

Originally Posted by Baoser
he has 7000+ posts...im sure he knows how to use the search function, he doesnt want a cheap kit, and raceon's are all replicas...

Thanks man I have scoured the Internet and not come up with much. I guess I am just picky!!

Jonny
Old 09-26-07, 05:33 PM
Reach_01
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.andysautosport.com/lexus/...ior/body_kits/

some of the sections have it possible to just buy the skirts, rear or front bumpers
Old 09-26-07, 05:54 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Baoser
What's up with the gajillion posts past few days man... should we really be telling you to use the search function?
Old 09-26-07, 05:57 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chanh55
What's up with the gajillion posts past few days man... should we really be telling you to use the search function?
I can only assume that you are talking to me.

Are my limited to posting or what? What do you mean "what's up with it?"

I did try searching, if you can read you would see I already said I searched to no avail.

Thanks.
Jonny