SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

new door problem cant open from inside only

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-07, 11:50 AM
SCFrogger
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new door problem cant open from inside only

Ok, i searched all the door not opening threads and either everyones doesnt open from the outside or doesnt open from both the inside or outside.

i have the exact opposite problem and i can't find it on the forums.

my passenger door opens fine from the outside, the window goes up and down very smooth without hitting anything.

but i cant open the door from the inside.

i havent opend it yet because i live in dc and i have to take it to a friends place before i take it apart. just wondering if anyone has seen this and if i need to get any parts from the stealership before i open her up.

thanks
Old 10-01-07, 11:59 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not sure how you searched and didn't find this. There is a small plastic clip that costs about $2 you need. If you search my name in the SC section about 4 years ago you will see my thread on it including pictures.

Jonny
Old 10-01-07, 12:11 PM
DaveMcKenz
Driver School Candidate

Actually I think the plastic clip problem usually makes the door not open from outside. The inside handle connects directly to the door actuator by a cable. It might be disconnected at the inside door handle or the cable might be broken (unlikely) or the actuator might have an internal problem. You will have to pull the interior door panel to investigate.
Good luck,
Old 10-01-07, 12:31 PM
SCFrogger
Driver School Candidate

thanks, yeah i know about the clip and i saw your post many times, but thats only for outside problem.
i assumed the inside was a more solid cable from the pictures.
i am hoping it is just disconnected because the actuator does not sound too friendly. im wondering if there is 2 actuators, because if it opens from the outside it would be a sign the actuator works, unless theres a seperate one from the inside. my nissan was not this complicated.
Old 10-01-07, 01:58 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by SCFrogger
thanks, yeah i know about the clip and i saw your post many times, but thats only for outside problem.
i assumed the inside was a more solid cable from the pictures.
i am hoping it is just disconnected because the actuator does not sound too friendly. im wondering if there is 2 actuators, because if it opens from the outside it would be a sign the actuator works, unless theres a seperate one from the inside. my nissan was not this complicated.
Nope, there's a plastic clip on the inside also that holds the cable.
Old 10-03-07, 04:05 PM
DaveMcKenz
Driver School Candidate

Not going to argue w/OLT but the door lock actuator has 4 mechanical connections: 2 levers on the top which each connect by a plastic clip to the outside door handle and the outside lock cylinder; there are two mechanical cables (like a bicycle brake cable) each connect to the interior door release handle and interior lock lever respectively.
If you can't open door from inside, you have a problem with the interior cable's connection to interior door handle, a broken cable , or a problem inside the door/lock actuator. I don't think the actuator is repairable inside, but they are available used (aliga). I did mine about a month ago, it took 1 1/2 hours.
Again, good luck.

Last edited by DaveMcKenz; 10-03-07 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-04-07, 11:31 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i have one 80 shipped.
Old 10-04-07, 03:33 PM
Zathlon
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up clip # D/R 69293-12050 P/S 69293-12060

Originally Posted by SCFrogger
Ok, i searched all the door not opening threads and either everyones doesnt open from the outside or doesnt open from both the inside or outside.

i have the exact opposite problem and i can't find it on the forums.

my passenger door opens fine from the outside, the window goes up and down very smooth without hitting anything.

but i cant open the door from the inside.

i havent opend it yet because i live in dc and i have to take it to a friends place before i take it apart. just wondering if anyone has seen this and if i need to get any parts from the stealership before i open her up.

thanks
JUST GO TO YOUR LEXUS DEALER AND ORDER THE PART 69293-12050 DRIVER 69293-12060 PASSENGER. THE COST IS BETWEEN $5 - $6 IF YOU GO TO TOYOTA IS GOING TO RUN ABETWEEN $8- $9

IF THE ROD THAT SLIDES INTO THE CLIP IS BROKEN, YOU CAN CONTACT ME THROUGH EMAIL IF YOU WANT THE ROD FIXED. THE DEALER WANTS AROUND $275.00 FOR THE DOOR LATCH. GOOD LUCK AND LETS JUST HOPE IS ONLY THE CLIP
Old 10-05-07, 12:00 PM
SCFrogger
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the help. im gonna go ahead and grab the clip before i open the door up seeing as its only 10 bucks. i hope the clip is the same for the inside and outside rods. im sure i can probably make it fit somehow.
thanks for the help.

ill let u know if i need an actuator Aliga, and also let me know if you have the cupholder that's between the console and the shifter, the flip up one.
ill take tan or black, but black would be easier.