SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

18" rims and stock suspension, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-02, 09:02 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Oh, you got jokes? Actually, the car's easy to get to, it's my right hook you'll have to worry about.....
Ha, ha,hahhaaa You must have forgot!!! I train with Roy Jones Jr!!!

Made any upgrades to the stereo?
Old 01-10-02, 09:11 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Oh, you got jokes? Actually, the car's easy to get to, it's my right hook you'll have to worry about.....
hahaha...nice...

18x8.5 all around? no, right?

Here's one more picture...left one is the 18x8...not much of a lip. the one on the right is the 18x9
Attached Thumbnails 18" rims and stock suspension, anyone?-gtn2.jpg  
Old 01-11-02, 05:40 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, nice rims!!!
look like the old school racing fins. anyone remember those?? how much did you get those for? i didn't lower my car when i got my 18's, but then after a month i had to lower it with eibachs. what a difference.....
Old 01-11-02, 05:44 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Howie, nice lips on the nines, gonna look great. Ikon, too bad Roy hasn't fought a single decent opponent in years. It's not his fault really, I used to love him, but there are no Cruiserweights/ Lt. Heavyweights that are worthy. In order for a fighter to be remembered as great, he must have an opponent that defines him, Jones has none. Move up to fight Lewis and get pasted, move down to fight Tito and win an easy victory and still don't get the respect that's deserved. But since you train Roy, hehe, I have an idea. We can run a Biathalon, first we'll race, then we'll spar. I walk around at about 172lbs, but I can train down to 160. Yeah, y'all musta forgot!
Attached Thumbnails 18" rims and stock suspension, anyone?-compressed-pwr-distr.jpg  
Old 01-11-02, 06:00 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

you know, i was just thinking, anyone know any great looking rims that are bronze or the gunmetal color??? i think that would look awesome on my ride. any suggestions??? i prefer 19's. and money isn't an issue. well maybe, about 3500 w/ tires???
Old 01-11-02, 09:43 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

DoLuck, how about some of the new Volk wheels, like SE37K, or one of the new Racing Harts, like the CP-035? I like the Dronell/D-Power line up as well, or maybe a set of Advans? Most of those are avail in bronze or gunmetal.
Old 01-11-02, 10:02 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

do-luck,

I got the rims from SCJack. He posted a while back in the for sale section about selling Volks for real cheap. I think I got a pretty good deal. He's a good guy to buy from. My rims come in bronze too. But I don't think Mackin Industries has them in stock right now.

don't racing fins have a lot more spokes? My rims remind me of the blitz rims...

btw, i just sent you a pm

Last edited by howiedoit; 01-11-02 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-12-02, 08:06 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Howie, are your HID still going strong? Did you get the water out the headlight? I like wheels with a nice lip, gives the car a more agressive look...

Lex, I see ya know a lil' about boxing. Sometimes being an 'Ikon' as RJJ is can be you biggest oponnent. He's to just to great for his division. I say he drop down and kicks Benard Hopkins(sorry Xman, I picked him over Trinidad but RJJ favorite in this match up), DeLehoya(I hate ODL, but he's good), Trinidad(solid great warrior), Vargas(to brave for his own good.. good heart) and my man Sugar Shane Mosely(interesting matchup, SSM has speed, but power moving up will hurt him vs. RJJ) ***...

If he does that or at least 3 from the list he will be the greatest no doubt.. He would get crushed by a Lewis, Kirk Johnson, Jamal Lewis. Raham, Tyson etc... He could beat John Ruiz, Father Time Holyfield, and a few more however...

With all that being said Lex vs The Ikon at 160lbs on PPV. Feb. 2, 2002 in Vegas... $10million ea....

***"Lex, you may win the BIATHALON against "THE IKON"... But I'll still KNOCK you OUT in round number ONE..." My corner man is Bundini Brown Jr.

I got to go now and go pick up my Karmann Ghia. I'm having it towed to Louisiana...

Last edited by The Ikon; 01-12-02 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-12-02, 10:42 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by The Ikon
Howie, are your HID still going strong? Did you get the water out the headlight? I like wheels with a nice lip, gives the car a more agressive look...
Hey dude...

About those headlights, funny thing is I didn't do anything. And about a week or so later, all the condensation went away. And when it rained again, the headlights stayed dry. So no problems for me.

And the HID's are doin' well. Same ol'...
Old 01-12-02, 03:29 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Howie, your right, like the Blitz Technospeed, but I believe your Volks are actually a bit lighter. Ikon, I can tell this is gonna turn into a heated debate, hehe. If Roy moves down to 160 to fight the middleweights, yes, he'll win. Don't sleep on Hopkins, though. The problem is that he's really not a middleweight anymore, and assuming he makes the weight, how much respect is to be gained from fighting a guy half your size. I was about five feet from Felix Trinidad at the Puerto Rican Day Parade last year, and he's a pipsqueek compared to Roy. Also, no way is Tito a 'solid great warrior.' His chin is suspect, he's been down several times right at the beginning of a fight (tends to come out cold, I figure), he's not very technically proficient, and he's really just a big left hook, bro. Hopkins proved that easily, he won every single round of that fight. Bernard looked down alot, and every time Tito went to roll onto the ball of his foot (his lead-in for his left hook), Hopkins would jab him and stop him short. Plus, DeLahoya had him in that fight, I don't think the judges should have screwed him for coasting the last couple rounds of a fight he had locked down on points. Your assessment of Vargas is dead-on, Trinidad knocked him down, what, 5 times in their fight? Moseley is just lovely. He's the true pound-for-pound champ these days, not Jones (again, I used to really dig Roy, but his last decent fight I can remember was James Tony!). You hit the nail on the head, though. Moseley lost some power when he moved up to his current weight, if he moves again I agree he won't have enough power, maybe he do it with his amazing speed. Also, if you look at his hands, they're pretty small and delicate, and he hurts them ALL THE TIME, you just don't hear about it. Tough little b@stard, but there will never be a fight between SSM and RJJ, toooo much weight difference, you're getting out of hand even thinking about that. Lewis will definitely crush Roy, we agree on that, but every other Heavyweight you listed is a ham n' egger. Guys like Rahman and Johnson are just hyped-up tomato cans built up by HBO. Remember how Kevin Kelly was HBO's boy? Then Roy-boy knocked him out with that bodyshot, Kelly falls off the face of the Earth, and allofasudden, it's y'all musta forgot! A guy like Rahman should be sooo thankful he landed that one lucky punch right up the pike and hit his payday. Remember, Ikon, that any of these heavyweights can knock each other out, Lewis just didn't take him seriously, though Lewis is 35 or 36 (father time, clever), not too much time left unless he plans to pull a George Forman. John Ruiz, heck, i'll fight John Ruiz! I've never actually been knocked out, down is different story though. Towing the Ghia? You don't want to drive it, or is in the middle of having work done? C'mon, bro, lemme put a GN motor in there. Can you say power-to-weight ratio?
Old 01-13-02, 04:09 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lex,

You just HAD to bring up James "lights out" Tony. He used to be my favorite fighter just because of his lazy style. He kind of "dropped off the face of the earth" too.

I don't want to start any heated debates because you guys know much more about boxing than I do but I still think RJJ is the best pound for pound, regardless of whether or not he's had a decent fight in a while. Just the fact that you can throw him in with all the smaller fighters and expect a win and some of the heavyweights makes him a stud. Who else can you say would fair as well??

"I'll fight John Ruiz" THAT"S HILARIOUS!!!
Old 01-14-02, 05:29 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Zushwa, will you be there for me and The Ikon's bout on Dec. 2? Should be a good one, but I hear he fights dirty, hehe. You out there Ikon? I want YOU! I pity the fool ! Grrrr!