SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lowering: Just say No?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-02, 07:02 PM
808state
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

max-

i just didn't think you would have asked a question about the suspension considering you were the test bed for the wr ecu

But I don't want to destroy the rise...problems with suspension? parts or combinations of parts that you like and don't give you any trouble?
if you search or have been keeping up with the suspension portion of the sc forum, i did have some problems when i first installed it myself. fortunately, the noise in the front was not from the tokiko/eibachs i had on, but rather the front stabalizer linkage (went bad i guess) which i changed out at $50 a pop. also, the rears, i had a problem with noise which i solved with some heater hose though there are other things you can put on to keep the coils from hitting each other.

i personally wouldn't go lower than 1" with the eibachs but because i have a lot of potholes around my areas and i do have 18's also which i worry about bending everytime i hit an everest type hole. what made the ride harsher wasn't the suspension, but rather the rims.

i do have a difference in ride height from the passenger and driver but i also had this with the stock springs also...driver side is a little higher...might equal out with my fat a** in the driver seat though!

also note, if you search the web (which i did), eibachs on any make and models of cars may or may not make noises... suspension geometry and having all those parts work together is tricky!

as far as giving you trouble...any aftermarket part may/may not give you trouble (take for instance your wr ecu)...it's just a chance you have to take, right? without risk, there is no reward so basically it's up to you. after i solved my noise problems, i was delighted at the results espcially with the 18's!

btw, could you post that pic you had when you redid the intake into the catalytic converter(i think it was you..i could be mistaken). thanks!

oh yeah, i almost forgot, but considering the age of your car, the drop will probably be less than 1" if you install the eibachs because your stock springs probably sag(right word?..but you get the point) alittle by now.

Last edited by 808state; 01-10-02 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-11-02, 07:30 AM
CDALTON
Driver

I have the ESPILER, TOKICO setup. It's a 1.5" drop, a little more noticable than the EIBACH. But not so low that your dragging your spoiler. I really noticed a differance in taking off and stopping. No squatting or noise diving. Its like driving a different car!!!
Old 01-11-02, 09:24 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I knew the ECU was solid state.. and I figured that if Leo's IS300 survived his driving with the ECU in it it wouldn't be a problem... as for the suspension I'd rather not buy something then take it out later.. or worse have it break something. Sounds like I should have it professionally installed, and noises could be attributed to spring coil collision.