SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SAFETY VS. ANTI-THEFT: putting a detachable steering wheel on a SC400!! help?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-07, 02:38 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Personally I'd keep the airbag. If you're really paranoid about the whole thing I guess you could take the battery out every night Or more realistically fit a kill switch somewhere.
Old 10-10-07, 04:08 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Personally I'd keep the airbag. If you're really paranoid about the whole thing I guess you could take the battery out every night Or more realistically fit a kill switch somewhere.
The air bags are what im paranoid actually. I went through automotive engineering did testing with them. They scare me, sure they save lives, we wont go into that discussion again though...
Old 10-10-07, 05:02 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

quick release steering wheel

drop the car to the ground (air ride)

unplug my controller

that's what i do =)
Old 10-10-07, 11:33 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was kind of thinking about that too before. but then i really like the stock look, so i plan to keep an airbag wheel..it most likely wont be the stock one it came with, but it will have an airbag. one way you can prevent getting your car stolen is to buy an electronic immobilizer. im planning on getting one of those. plus a visual item so that the theif wont even bother on breaking in, is a club for the pedals or steering wheel, or both. if you are truly paranoid, get all 3 along with your stock alarm, plus a truly vicious tiger in the back seat. that will work wonders!
Old 10-12-07, 12:05 AM
2GTSVETTE
Pole Position

The best security you can get is fully covered insurance. It slightly more but in the long run it will save you when "that day " happens wither its an accident or your car does get stolen. BTW my sisters 350z got stolen by a tow truck so steering wheel or not if they want your car its theres. good luck
Old 10-12-07, 05:54 AM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twizted
LOOK up ^^^
nono i meant when the wheel is installed.. cause in that pic the wheel is off its.. QD
Old 10-12-07, 08:48 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

create stilts that whenever you park it puts your car like 20 feet in the air and have the stilts be wrapped in barbed wire and aids needles. only you would have a remote for it so you get out and "beep beep" then your car shoots up into the air and nobody can get to it....I mean if someone really wants to steal your car, they will steal it....

Unless you pay Chuck Norris to just live in the back seat.
Old 10-13-07, 05:25 PM
1SicLex
Driver School Candidate

i rather have my car stolen then die in my car due to an accident...
Old 10-13-07, 06:02 PM
twizted
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1SicLex
i rather have my car stolen then die in my car due to an accident...
I would'nt, im actually hoping i will die in it. Oh brother lets not go into the reasons why air bags do and dont work again. Wear your seatbelt, dont follow the propoganda. Go do independent studies of your own. Your hearing this from somone that use to work r&d at a ford testing facility. Restraints take supplementals any day, wear your seatbelts kids~!......

Last edited by twizted; 10-13-07 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-13-07, 07:21 PM
1SicLex
Driver School Candidate

its true seatbelt works wonderfully, but i had a friend who went up north to canada during the winter once, he was driving his truck and was on his way to whister one day, well it was night time and dark and he took a wrong turn and the car rolled on him. Long story short, i would be seeing him in a morgue if it wasnt for his airbags. They are there through out these years for a reason.

And please twizted, you can replace your car anyday, ur worth more than that i would think
Old 10-15-07, 03:29 AM
powrserj
Driver

The Quick Release steering wheel does look nice but if you plan on driving your SC the way it was made to drive you will need that airbag cause it might not even be your fault but some idiot slamming into you that airbag comes in handy. But I am also tempted to put a Quick Release it just looks nice walking away with your wheel =)
Old 10-15-07, 08:29 AM
1SicLex
Driver School Candidate

"it just looks nice walking away with your wheel =)"

actually i think it makes u look like an idiot walking around the mall with a steering wheel on your hand lol
Old 10-15-07, 04:19 PM
twizted
Instructor

its true seatbelt works wonderfully, but i had a friend who went up north to canada during the winter once, he was driving his truck and was on his way to whister one day, well it was night time and dark and he took a wrong turn and the car rolled on him. Long story short, i would be seeing him in a morgue if it wasnt for his airbags. They are there through out these years for a reason.

And please twizted, you can replace your car anyday, ur worth more than that i would think
I was just kidding and no im really not worth more than that haha
Old 10-15-07, 05:34 PM
powrserj
Driver

"it just looks nice walking away with your wheel =)"

actually i think it makes u look like an idiot walking around the mall with a steering wheel on your hand lol
LOL I didnt mean walk in the mall with a Wheel but that would look a bit retarted you can always run around the mall with a Helmet and a Wheel screaming VROOOOM .
Old 10-15-07, 06:16 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powrserj
LOL I didnt mean walk in the mall with a Wheel but that would look a bit retarted you can always run around the mall with a Helmet and a Wheel screaming VROOOOM .
yea man! now thats a head-turner!

Quick Reply: SAFETY VS. ANTI-THEFT: putting a detachable steering wheel on a SC400!! help?!?!?