SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Sig

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-02, 12:25 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Sig

What do you think? Hopefully it will be done in time for TX2K2 Supra meet. It has been in the works since September now, most of you know the old setup so I am sure you can see that this is basically all new stuff

-Ethan
Old 01-11-02, 05:27 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

looks like fun...what did you dyno previously?....just boost and with nos?......and what are you hoping to dyno now...with boost...and then nos?.....thanks Ethan and good luck on the wild ride and the HKS manifold??.....are you on a TT head?.....how did you get that to work?....and did you do a custom intake manifold?...Jeff
Old 01-11-02, 08:48 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Last dyno was 662RWHP on the bottle (~29psi). It was like 52x off the bottle if I remember correctly. I am hoping for high 800s/low900s at the wheels. We are just using to NOS as a spool up now to 20psi. I am using an N/A head. The HKS Manifold is the same one we were using... It is the TT manifold with a different flange and upper few inches of runners welded in. We were using the stock manifold... We MAY go to TT intake manifold with the SP upper piece to gain some power and also to make changing plugs easier.

We are beginning to believe that the stock intake manifold may be a limiting factor, so are hoping to pick up some power with the TT manifold if we do it.

Anyways, hopefully I will be able to show it all off soon and get some times/dyno numbers.

-Ethan
Old 01-11-02, 10:10 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i dont think the manifold is as limiting as the cams......what are you doing about the cams?......?...what turbo?....sounds like you got some major work being done........i agree about the plug changing .......i cant wait to see the 9sec beat....give us some respect in the supra neighborhood...Jeff
Old 01-11-02, 04:25 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

I agree that the stock cams are limiting also. They are not that small of a profile though, so there has to be something else and we think that is it. The new motor will have a fully ported head, custom cams from crower, and the different intake manifold, so hopefully every restriction is gone

-Ethan
Old 01-11-02, 05:24 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OOOOoooo....nice! What stroker kit are you using....I've seen JUN that's 3.3 and Crower that's 3.4.

I've gotta get one asap, I've got other problems that have arisen with mine. :/

SR
Old 01-11-02, 07:44 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

We are using the Crower kit.

-Ethan
Old 01-12-02, 04:29 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

As for the head...you had it ported. Is that really an issue with this head, or does it add minimal HP? I heard that the NA head is MUCH better than the TT head for turbo'ing, bigger ports and stuff I think.

And how much cam are you running? Will crower make more sets of them if I just call and ask?

Your setup is just looking more awesome every time I look at it.

Thanks!!
SR
Old 01-13-02, 09:13 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

I think at the point my car is at now the head is definately and issue. Extra displacement and massive turbo with stock head just doesn't seem matching to me

As far as the cams go I am not sure... I told them I wanted 272s, and they said they would see what they could do. They called the other day to say that they were done, and they were shipping them out, but the guy who called had no idea what they had done to them. I plan on calling tommorrow or tuesday and talking to Brian (Crower) to see what was done.

I will let you know if they can make more. I am sure they can, they will just need a set from you.

-Ethan
Old 01-14-02, 10:31 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Ebanks
I think at the point my car is at now the head is definately and issue. Extra displacement and massive turbo with stock head just doesn't seem matching to me

As far as the cams go I am not sure... I told them I wanted 272s, and they said they would see what they could do. They called the other day to say that they were done, and they were shipping them out, but the guy who called had no idea what they had done to them. I plan on calling tommorrow or tuesday and talking to Brian (Crower) to see what was done.

I will let you know if they can make more. I am sure they can, they will just need a set from you.

-Ethan
What'd they charge for the cam mods? So they're welding and machining a factory set?

ThankS!!
SR