JIC Coil Over Struts - Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-02, 06:15 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JIC Coil Over Struts - Suspension

Hi Guys:
While I was over at www.importtoys.com in their Lexus SC400 section, I noticed they were listing a full set of coil over struts and springs for the SC400. These are called the JIC Suspension System.

I did a search on the net and found the JIC site but sadly it is all in Japanese which I cannot read. Does anyone know about these JIC struts and coil overs first hand?

If Import Toys happens to read this, please can you tell us what these are and what are their features, ie: are the shocks adjustable, do they allow the auto height to be adjusted, and what range of ride quality is to be expected if not adjustable.
Old 01-12-02, 07:06 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

Gooooood morning!!! I was actually catching up on emails that were in my box from vacation and was about to answer one about this same set-up... I'll post my response to the e-mail here as well.
Old 01-12-02, 08:24 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

JIC Magic is one of the top tuners in Japan and maybe the most respected. The quality of parts are second to none.
by building N-1,GT,DAYTONA 24 and F3000 Race team cars Thy have earned top recognition and respect in their field for the quality and innovation. there are 3 suspension models.
The first 2 are none adjustable shocks but from what I understand they have a great ride and feel. The 3rd is a fully adjustable system.
-Street performance
-street Competition
-Competition track and drag

JIC IS THE BEST ....We can get ANY product thats made so this is not a sales pitch for this system. They simply are the best out of Japan...Which shows in their product, prices and even the price that we get from them on stuff.

The set-up on Emeralds car was designed and built by us in-house this past summer. We thought it was great and thought of offering them in the Preferred Image Motoring line but then we started getting info and more products from Japan by this company we noticed they had the same type of set-up.
With the cost of mass production we thought it would be better to sell the JIC stuff. Not taking anything away from our product ( which is second to none in quality) it was just cheaper to work with JIC...even with their huge A$$ buy-in...Which is a whole other story!.

Hey, Thanks for stopping by Importtoys.com !!!
Marcus
Old 01-12-02, 10:23 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Import-Toys:
Regarding the version that is 3 Way adjustable:

1) Does this strut system allow us to lower the car like the TEIN system? If so by how much or in what range?

2) In the most or "Softest" setting adjustment just how hard is it when compaired to the Tokico struts with Factory springs?

3) Is this a coil over system that allows us to remove the factory springs? I assume it is.

Thanks for your input on this.
Old 01-12-02, 11:15 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

No problem.....

1) It is a true coil-over system im not showing a range in my english catalog but I do have the Japanese one around here somewhere. I'll find it and try to translate it.

2) I cannot compare the 2 until we install them on another Lexus SC3/4. From what I hear they have a VERY nice feel to them.
I have rode on a KA7 set that was 'almost' stock feeling on the road but responded waaaay better than a stock setup on cornering and hard breaking. This was the SF1 Street performance setup.

3) Yes true coil-over.

Im not sure which direction she is going on her car as far as suspensions go but if we do opt to use another system it would be JIC (demo car) since the current setup will not be hitting the market.
But if she goes that direction I'll post the info. and feedback on the setup.
Old 01-14-02, 06:14 AM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

Marcus.
On the topic of the tuner company JIC. Is the exhaust they sell, the Twin Bullet exhaust, worthy of the $900 price tag? I am very, very interested in this if it is a good exhaust. Thanks.
Old 01-14-02, 07:27 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

If I had to judge by company reputation and build quality then Id say yes. I think the single exhaust is somewhere around 550-600 $$ for other cars..so I guess they call it a deal since you get 2
They have a new SWATT system coming out that I will be using on one of my personal cars. ( Taking out DINAN for JIC )

JIC is a proven winner and top tuner on cars that are professionally owned and operated ( top racing teams) so its a lot more than a 'Street-rep' that they have to protect.
As you can tell the products are pretty exclusive and will remain the way from the way that they run their company.
I have a lot of respect for this company.
Old 01-14-02, 06:57 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

The Latest Super Street Magazine (February 2002) has a section devoted to coil over suspensions. The JIC is listed and they list the JIC website as... www.jic-magic.com

Pictures of the 3 styles of JIC coil overs are given along with details on them.